As someone that didnt like the change to stellarix on defense-immortals need the stellarix treatment

This is sad. Don’t get me wrong. I feel exactly the same way! But isn’t it sad that in a game with all of these troops, weapons, classes, talent builds etc… everything is so grindy that we just want FAST! It’s gotten so bad that I didn’t mind those Stella/Wand enemy teams. Why? Because I could either win fast or lose fast.

Well, ya. But then I’d have to argue what is the point? I mean, why play a battle or even a game if winning is a foregone conclusion? On the other hand, if we can’t enjoy spending time building teams because of the grind-a-thon, I guess we can’t enjoy spending any time losing either.

The more these balancing issues get brought up, the more I think it’s blood frenzy zones that is the terrible idea. It originally felt like it was a way for high level people to overcome the vp gap caused by not having enough high level/high vp opponents. Like, lets make an area for those high level / high stat / full collection people. But, of course, that was never going to work. If something is available in a game, every player is going to feel like they should be able to do it. So they tried to make it more accessible to all, but can’t quite pull it off. I say just get rid of it.

2 Likes

I don’t like the idea of nerfing troops.
I’ve bought cosmic eggs (48, RNG was not kind to me) and a pvp pass to get strong troops that are actually fun to play with. And I think that these troops aren’t overpowered, many members have shared their ideas of disrupting the synergy.

Recetting Alliance ranks offers us to grind 800k VP every 11 weeks. How are we supposed to do it? With Baba Yaga?

I might be OK with the idea of banning Stellarix and WoS from PvP completely, so they still will be fun to use in other game modes without ruining other players’ experience. But Immortals were created specifically for PvP, and should stay as they are.

You could try this strategy against the Stellarix meta teams - but basically you were completely relying on luck as to if it worked or not. You could literally load into a battle, take one move then lose - and it wouldn’t matter how good your first move was - unless you also had Stellarix.

The Glaycia teams retain player agency - what you do does matter - you can still have bad luck and you won’t win them all but you’re going to win most your battles if you strategise, work on your account progress and don’t own endgame troops.

@Smeeg 's feedback above sort of prompted me to want to ask about gameplay

I’m going to start a new feedback thread to get people’s thoughts, I’m personally interested but also it might be useful for the team as well. I’ll come back here and link it once it’s posted.

2 Likes

hmmm

First,

Second,

The entire time Stellarix was a possible enemy in pvp, I did not have Stellarix. I had zero trouble against Stella teams. Why? Probably because Stella against Stella is bad strategy. :roll_eyes: But also because:

I’m not sure about the endgame troops bit, because I’m not sure what qualifies.

I WOULD say that if you have an underdeveloped account and are facing a troop that can one shot you, it’s worse if that troop cannot be silenced, webbed, devoured or instant killed. And even if your collection has no reliable way to instant kill or devour stella, you still have web and silence.

Again, I’m not saying any troop needs to be nerfed or even removed from pvp. Mainly because I think there should be some sort of point to developing your account and your collection. I’m just saying that it’s just as hard for newer accounts to beat glaycia as it was for them to beat stella, if not harder.

3 Likes

nope, stella is ALWAYS a good option against any team because of self loop. Period.

mts nope. mts

You can’t tell as you werent using Stella last year at all.

I can tell. Stella against Stella is not a good choice. There are way better options.

1 Like

define ‘good’ in terms of pvp
reliable? sure its not, but highly likely
speed is everything here. if you dont loop twice within 18 seconds run away and take next fight.
I have up to 10% losses going stella full speed, no matter what enemy is. It’s dumb but it works most of the time.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not going to risk losing my rare 90 fight and victory talisman for maybe possibly winning or not.

I’d rather go with a effective team.

Defining good: a 99% reliability to win those high scoring frenzy battles while still being fast.

I also don’t want to play hundreds of fights every week.

Maybe you define good as either winning or losing fast? That’s not my idea of good but maybe it’s yours.

1 Like

whatever takes me to desired ladder position in shortest time is good

Do you if for the lowest difficulty battle/don’t care about base scoring but go quantity over quality? That probably makes a difference when it comes to selecting teams.

Always the 3rd, no time to choose anything. Click click click

Is your goal to win your bracket? How many battles do you think is fair to have to do in a week to win?

I would not be able to tell you to be honest. Usually, it’s such a crazy amounts of fights in the too spots that I’m not even trying.

But maybe @DracoL1ch can answer that?

There we found the difference. I pick the most advantageous fight and am not interested in spam grinding.

It’s already bad enough to do a gap or two every vault. :sweat_smile:

If you’re playing like that and either giving up or getting killed quickly and don’t mind, then using Stella will work just fine.

I have fun trying to win even more difficult fights, and don’t care about brackets and leaderboards (anymore). And I want to get the highest possible points.

1 Like

There it is. I was only ever into PvP for the class leveling (RIP casual) & then Gold Marks with the new iteration… and I’m all out of classes to level. So gimme dem 120 GM please!!!

It really depends on which bubble you are, too. Sometimes it’s easy to get into the top three. But points count, not fights. So you can do quantity or quality or a combination.

I’m currently playing for pvp goals and season goals. Though in that sense, faster and more fights may also be of use for some of those. But I still got time.

Devs broke PVP again? Shock.
Devs can’t understand it’s a problem? Dead.

4 Likes

I can’t see what this is replying to because (let’s just say… reasons? haha) But YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! Stella v Stella is a dog. Wait, no. I love dogs! It’s just not the best plan. Can it work? Sure, but you are volunteering for the battle to be 100% luck. Maybe that is why @Kafka and whatshiswho have strong hate for Stella. It’s just not the best thing against enemy Stella. It’s like the proverbial square peg in round hole.

It’s super easy to beat a Stella team (even with the wand and elementalist) the puzzle solution is just not copying the team you are fighting.

1 Like