As Requested by a Dev: A Thread about Devs' Actions/Inactions

I was just saying the game is obviously mentally taxing on you right now. Maybe you should try playing another game and come back when you calm down. You should never let a game get to you. After all it’s just a video game. Seriously, who cares?

3 Likes

Not at all: I still do my dailies, run my guild, and enjoy the eventual Mythic pull/crafting.

Being passionate (like so many in this forum) about what the game could be, and/or seeing it what it has become vs what it used to be, is merely a byproduct of how much we love(d) GoW.

Haven’t yet lost any sleep over the devs’ actions/inactions.
:stuck_out_tongue: :pray: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Basically your post is, “Stop complaining and shut up”, which isn’t an argument. Mostly because my response is “Stop complaining and shut up”. Find threads that make you happy and post in them. By posting in this thread, you pushed it to the top and raised its post count. That tells other people it’s a good thread.

So congratulations, in your quest to bury this thread, you promoted it! Now run along and find some other way to be self-destructive, like licking doorknobs.

1 Like

My post wasn’t meant to tell him to stop complaining and shut up. It Just really looks like he’s about to have a meltdown. He can post whatever he wants. I was just pointing out that he really doesn’t need to take this game that seriously especially if he feels antagonized by the moderators here in this forum.

2 Likes

picture3

@Saltypatra Is it better to “transform” a “selected” color or “convert” a “chosen” color?

2 Likes

Today’s Barbarian Class Event is a great illustration of how much more Varied (and therefore enjoyable to more players) things are when we can choose which of our hard-earned weapons we use in our team-building.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

@AMT Fundamentally, restricting weapons can and should be done as it precludes using Mang for everything. The purpose of restrictions is to force use of troops/weapons that would otherwise never be used (and also to increase difficulty, of course).

The problem is when the majority of troops and weapons from a given kingdom or are not restricted are completely useless even when not combined with other completely useless troops, but this is an balancing issue where few units are worthwhile and not because restrictions are intrinsically bad.

As is, weapon restrictions are very, very bad but only due to the failure to create more than ten weapons* in the entire game that have any merit.

*This is an exaggeration but hardly an outrageous one. Grosh-Nak has three weapons worth using and Spiked Mace’s utility is questionable.

Class restrictions would also be nice because it would force us to use classes we otherwise never would and prevents using Titan for everything even if this would greatly increase event difficulty.

2 Likes

Why stop a player from using Mang for everything if that is what s/he prefers? Or the class of their choice? ‘Forcing’ players to use content instead of making content players want to use seems misguided for something that should be aimed at user enjoyment (i.e. a game app).

Agreed that the poor design/variety exacerbates the issue: just imagine if the same weapon limitation applied to Delves (which may arguably be the poorest section from a design perspective). Pure faction teams are the epitome of how ‘enjoyable’ things get through adding limitations.

Given the status quo of what is ‘usable’ and what isn’t, a smarter approach would have been to lock one thing (weapon type/color/kingdom, troop type/color/kingdom) and allow us to build around that: instead, by restricting everything, they have effectively made a week-long class event (which are known to be among the least popular).

:man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

But this applies to literally any event restriction.

I do agree that stringent restrictions are… less fun. Class trials are especially guilty of this. But I really like TOD restrictions because they encourage a lot of teams that would not be used otherwise but do not restrict to the point that teams are built from the five usable troops available.

The fundamental problem again is that the vast majority of content is useless, but the devs have established they have no interest in addressing this problem and their occasional problems are more laughable than effective. See Tian Yi’s buff.

3 Likes

Exactly: one restriction makes it a challenge, beyond that it almost certainly becomes a dull chore.
:sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:

The day I can’t bring Trickster’s Shot to Bounty is the day I stop playing it.

3 Likes

The devs have said nothing about existing event types having further restrictions added.

That said, bountyhunter probably should restrict to bountyhunter troops since that would make sense conceptually. Corollary is that it’s what you were going to do anyway and it would be really bad for new players.

1 Like

The devs have stated that they won’t add that weapon restriction to “old” events.

1 Like

I’ve never seen the need to use a non bounty troop to get to level 20. Having said that I only ever buy 1 copy of the new bounty troop for collection purposes and then never use it due to its lack of ascension compared with previous troops.

There should be an event where the restriction is so tight that the devs just give you a team code and that’s all you get.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the 3000 gem voucher that lets you use anything you want in the event.

2 Likes

Do you mind if I mention my opinion here?

1 Like

Quite the opposite: highly encouraged to keep illustrating their actions/inactions, so that other players, especially newcomers, can see what GoW has become and how they treat the playerbase.
:pray: :vulcan_salute:

3 events in the same week with the same 20 or so troops out of the 700+ available.

#GoWdesignskills
:man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

The tower killer is usable today. Totally different group. :rofl:

1 Like