Are the devs trying to drain us of our resources?

TEST: Replying to Stan

EDIT: 100% that’s it.

4 Likes

Don’t test me!

Yup. And even though you were the last post before this it still shows the avatar because I replied to the 1st not the most recent. So replying to any post but the most recent will trigger it.

Good to know!

3 Likes

Wait a minute… finding the context of the conversation is important before forming an opinion on what you read?
Y’all are aware that this is on the internet right?
We have the right to NOT ever having to scroll up!

3 Likes

Lol, not that it’s a competition, but I have you beat in :gem:s

5 Likes

Wow and I thought I was a gem hoarder!

This is from a couple years worth of collecting tributes, tributes, tributes on my smartphone. Heck I have it put on a 1 hr timer during the week so I collect about a dozen/day or so.

6 Likes

I spent 9k diamonds to get mythic before last :grin:

I am delighted to see that your dedication to ignorance is as committed as ever. And yes, this is just as sarcastic as your post was.

1 Like

I was actually taking your side of the argument. But as they say… The road to hell and all…Good day Ma’am.

1 Like

Try reading the whole thread or atleast the reply above hers. Just from these 2 sentences it is pretty obvious RiverSong was responding to the person above her.

5 Likes

Ouch. I have been ridiculously lucky and haven’t had to spend gems to get mythics since what seems like forever :blush:

I feel like my luck is going to run out one of these months though. Voice had me burn through all my glory keys and like 1600 gem keys

1 Like

My last 3 mythic pulls have all been with seals so that has helped to save on my reserves :+1:

3 Likes

Someone want to explain to me why they are hording resources? I mean what’s the point? I understand about Souls - once you’ve got everyone where they are - there really isn’t anyway to use them except for new troops.

But Gems, Gold, Glory are meant to be used.

3 Likes

Glory: I don’t buy enough event troops to get it to mythic every week because I don’t particularly care to. Initially this was so I would have enough glory stockpiled that I could insta-mythic a troop I desperately wanted (or needed gobs of traitstones from). But then I got into the habit of stopping at/just beyond legendary. So now I am saving my glory in case the devs ever introduce a way to buy multiple copies of Spoils of War.

Gems: I keep a supply of gems in case there is ever a mythic troop that I must have. I set budgets for myself on those months when I don’t need the mythic troop.

Gold: Sometimes I don’t feel like contributing more gold to my guild than I already do. I still play the game, though!

5 Likes

Glory - for event keys, arcanes I still need, future troops

Gold - as a backup if I have can’t play so I can still contribute to the guild

Gems - so I can always get at least one copy of every new mythic :crossed_fingers:

It’s really more of an endgame thing. If you have most troops fully mythic’ed, there’s no reason not to save your resources until you can use them to get something you actually want/need. Otherwise you’re just getting troops to convert to souls or accumulating resources you don’t need

5 Likes

Because i have nothing to spend em on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

When you hit the end game period, you’re pretty much done with everything. All troops collected, leveled, and fully traited. So basically nothing to spend those resources on. So even when you’re not a hoarder, those resources will just accumulate by themselves especially if you’re a very active player in a very active top guild. Not to mention hourly tribute rewards.

Glory, for example, the best use of it is on Weekly Bundle. I’ve always buy them until the troop in the bundle mythic’ed. I also bought spoil of war a lot to get event key when a new legendary troop (like Magnus this week) is only available in Event chest. And yet my glory stash never went down lower than 400k. I had it lower to 200k long time ago because I went crazy chasing mythic from Glory Keys. Same case with Gems. Since most of end game player has already all troops, usually they only spend gems on exclusive mythic week. Sentinels for guild wars is covered by guild task and GW rewards. Daily offer from dungeon is covered by gems from collecting tribute.

Just my 2 Rupiahs :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m on 185 k glory and just about have enough stones to trait the last 25 troops i haven’t bothered traiting yet. I’ll buy enough stones to mythic weekly troops and trait the stragglers as and when. So my glory still builds up, unfortunately I took a massive hit chasing one copy of magnus this week and I’m down to 13750 gems. Souls, I’m on 1,800,000 with db in the bag and sitting on 9,500,000 which might be used for opening gold chests when shentang drops.

1 Like

I stock so that I have enough resources for the next new legendary troop, mythic troop, kingdom. I believe in always planning ahead so that I’m never caught out. For example, with the new kingdom coming up, I only spend half of my gold key stash on the last one. I’ll get the new troops each week but will always limit how much I will spend on them, more for the fact on how many stones I need to finish that category. Then again, I only need 1 more troop which is doomclaw so wasting resources in the hope I’ll get a lucky pull is wasteful, I’ll craft him when I can. Obviously being an end game player makes a difference.

2 Likes

If the devs were trying to drain my resources, I’d be able to turn in my snotgems today. I have 527 and have clearly spent none, so it’s a shame I can’t turn them in.

1 Like

I’d like break my numerous minor and major traitstones into event keys. Yeah, dream on.