Are the devs trying to drain us of our resources?

After the first day of the boss raid, I’m thinking that maybe I wasn’t being overly cynical when starting this thread after all. I’m sure the developers will listen to feedback though, and adjust somewhat. But, I do feel like the days of being able to save up resources and obtaining all the new troops, will eventually become a thing of the past.

11 Likes

Lol, you’re literally complaining about them releasing too much content. Be thankful! It’s much better than the contrary.

2 Likes

i would still be playing this game if they stopped “developing” it about a year and a half ago,tbh i havnt liked almost any changes since about that point. couple cards are alright the gnomes are about the best thing to the game within that time period to come in my view everything else i could have done without and still be playing xD

2 Likes

Dibs on your account when you’ve finally had enough. :wink:
PS… When that inevitably happens… I’ll be changing your account name to MaybeTech9neee.

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

If in this scenario I’m Spiderman…I consider it a win. :smiley:

1 Like

You are a Godslayer, a shapeshifiter. This week you are a cuddly-panda-warrior.

1 Like

Yes… and no…

If the troops are limited use and sub par. And the content is rushed and buggy, then I would much rather see them slow down NEW content and devote some resources to FIXES and updates to what I will fondly call

GoW: The Core Set

Treasure Hunt and Arena, specifically need love and players have been asking for quite some time, but with the push for NEW content these modes continue to get the shaft. :cry:

2 Likes

What’s wrong with Treasure Hunt and Arena?

TH - Rewards for it are shocking. It’s why so many people are sitting on 1000s of maps. No point using them.

Arena - Plagued with a stupidly overpowered weapon. Can’t remember the rewards, can’t go 8 unbeaten anymore.

2 Likes

@AngryMidget beat me to it, but that sums it up fairly well. TH work for early game, but by mid game the time required to play a “good” TH and earn rewards is far outweighed by simply grinding Explore or PVP.

Players have been asking for ways to make this mode more “rewardable for late gamers” even suggesting using multiple maps to create reward multipliers at a deficit. For example use 10 maps and earn 5x rewards. Obviously not a good deal, since I could just play 10 games for 10x the rewards, but TIME is a resource too… :wink:

Arena is the weapon thing, which devs said they do intend to address, but it still has not happened… :cry:

1 Like

You are not wrong, but still it doesn’t means that buffing the treasure maps would be right from the devs perspectives it seems… At least that’s what i get from their responses everytime this is mentioned.

I believe the devs are satisfied with TH as it is, as they already stated that multiple times, simply because GoW have modes that will cather to our needs in different stages of the game. Treasure Maps are mostly an idle entertainment with small rewards.

I’m unsure if they’ll ever reconsider this position… But i’ll accept any maps you don’t want by the way, i’m sure i could bribe @Saltypatra with some premium brazilian coffee if she helps me in this transation… :shushing_face: :wink:

1 Like

Interesting. Well, I disagree on TH, but I am still early game. I do suppose you have a point about Arena. If anything I think they could make Arena tiered by level range and increase rewards for higher level players.

Actually TH is about the best way (by time spent) to generate Glory*. Hence I am burning through my maps. I play quickly and badly, finish in about 50 turns and get (randomised) 5-50 25 Glory. This takes about the same time as a PvP match which would usually net me 6 Glory.

When I say burning through… I am down to my last 4000 maps…

*exluding guild and tribute rewards which we would be doing as well.

2 Likes