Are the devs trying to drain us of our resources?

I didn’t mean to come off as complaining about the game when I started this thread. I just felt that some people may be struggling to keep up with new troops. I’m in a guild that completes many legendary tasks every week, and I see some of our members running out of resources and still not getting new troops. It’s a shame, but the devs don’t really owe it to us to make sure we get everything either. I think the devs are pretty great overall actually. They don’t make the game pay to win and also don’t cap how much you can play. You can actually obtain most everything in the game without spending a dime. Which is one of the reasons why I’ve never minded the fact that I’ve spent money on the game. I don’t mind supporting the dev team. I guess, I’d just like to spend money because it’s my choice, and not feel like I have to.

I also don’t think we should have caps on resources. Most late game players have been playing well over a year (2.5 years here). If they save and manage their resources efficiently, they should be able to reap the benefits.

7 Likes

Ok, I love :heart: screenshots… And some of my totals ‘might’ be higher even though I feel that I’m not part of the evil 1%:sweat_smile:, but 21.8M Gold… seriously give a few nickels to your Guild…

Edit: By nickels I mean 5M :money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings: :moneybag:

3 Likes

I never let my gold get past 5 million that is what guild tasks are for :wink: I usually have over 2 million souls though and I have nothing left to buy with those anymore (except for once in a blue moon when I get a new troop but those are instantly levelled to max and it’s drop in the bucket to the overall amount - we need a soul sink and yes I’ve built Xathenos and Dawnbringer already those were ok sinks but not enough). I sure would love to have 41k gems and 200k + glory though i blow through all my reserves chasing the monthly mythic troop so I can’t ever seem to amass those totals!
I’m looking forward to the new changes i’m hoping they give us some more variety

Cheers

Ok, leave it as it is… You’ re gonna regret it when only 50 players left playing the game a year later, if they continue relasing new content at this rate. I dont say I’ m gonna quit, probably I’ ll be one of them so lets regret together.

1 Like

I think you have it wrong. It’ll be the veteran players quitting if anyone. Not the new players. There will be so much stuff for new players to collect and complete that they’ll be playing for years trying to unlock it all and build up. And they won’t have any preconceived notions of how quickly they should be growing and gaining resources so they’ll be happy while doing it. That’s the plan for player longevity. And it makes perfect sense and should work.

11 Likes

Just to be clear… All of these new troops don’t disappear after their event week. They go right into their normal chests. It used to be that new Mythics wouldn’t be in normal chests for 6 weeks after released. They stopped doing that.
So if you are low on resources then wait until you have an amount your satisfied with and then open chests.
It seems though, that people with 5 event keys tend to have the same amount of success getting an Unowned Troop as someone with 50. If you waste your keys getting extra copies that’s on you.

The player dictates the amount of resources they have. Whether it’s how much they spend, play or guild they choose to be in. The player is 100% responsibile. The devs are responsible in making things that you are interested enough to use the resources to get. None of it is required to enjoy and play the game regardless of player experience level.
I will support any argument about bugs or changes to the design of the game from players that don’t spend a dime on the game.
But if anyone here or reading this is complaining about all the new free stuff that is available to them…I just don’t understand that kind of entitlement thinking. So it’s best I shut up now. :blush:

8 Likes

That is not true I got Magnus with 50 event keys.

It is completely fair I have been playing for over a year to earn everything I have. What would not be fair is if someone that’s been playing for a week has as many resources as someone that has been earning them for a year.

When I first started playing I had nothing while there were people that had every troop in the game including mythics, millions of souls, thousands of keys and gems but now a year later I have every troop leveled, Dawnbringer, 1.3 million souls, 150k glory and almost 7k gems. The people that had everything while I had nothing did not stop me from stop me from getting to their level.

If they earned them then yes they should.

12 Likes

Well said :tada:

That’s the right attitude to have.

10 Likes

this is not real life dude. everyone start at the same beginning as you more or less. no one start in a rich family stealing your tax money from government, so maybe don’t try to strip people hard earned resources because you jealous.

2 Likes

What if I don’t want or don’t need these orbs? Am I losing something I actually want, to gain something I don’t need? We can only wait and see.

If there is any PC players reading this thread and in need of more gems (you can never have enough), I urge you to put the game on your phone if you don’t have it already. It is the best way to collect your tribute regularly. I’m assuming most PC players have smartphones as well.

3 Likes

I personally think if devs were so crazy on money they would change the guild tasks to be paid in gems.

Wait… am I giving them ideas? :astonished:

I wouldn’t blame the dev’s entirely for things like this. For the most part I’d imagine their hand is being forced.

Your response is a non sequitur and extremely condescending. The OP questioned the acceleration of releases relative to the speed at which resources can now be accumulated. At no point did the OP say that long term players have a significant advantage.

Perhaps you could try reading the entire thread for context before responding. The post you quote was not in response to the OP. It was in response to the complaints of another poster and addressed those complaints directly. Sorry to have to point out your irrelevance so boldly.

Except, you didn’t quote anyone or leave any indication of who you were responding to. Consequently, the only valid conclusion is that you were responding to the OP. Perhaps, when you deign to be so dismissive in the future, you’ll actually be clear about who you are responding to in the first place.

2 Likes

Condescending it may have been, but to he fair, the post she was responding to was immediately prior to hers. I for one came to a different valid conclusion than yours.

Also I have noticed that when responding to other people their avatar is not always shown in the top right corner if the post. I’ve seen this happen when I’ve responded to others and also when I got notification that someone responded to me but my avatar was not shown there. So it’s entirely possible she DID respond directly to her intended target and it’s just not indicating it.

7 Likes

That usually happens if the post directly follows the one it is replying to. It’s only if you’re replying to an older post that the recipient’s avatar appears. At least i’m pretty sure.

8 Likes

Makes sense. Mine didn’t show it but assume it was because I quoted rather than replied.

Edit: and I just replied to you and it didn’t show it nor did yours show my avatar. You may have the right of it.

1 Like

TEST: Replying to vanyel.

2 Likes