Are the devs trying to drain us of our resources?

I’m sorry you didn’t get your Magnus. On the other hand,

Looks like he was there after all.

As for your comment re resources, I’ve been playing this game for over 3 years. I earned those resources. Jealous much?

2 Likes

Outta curiosity, how many gems have you collected over 3 years, River? No need to answer if you’d prefer to keep it private - I’m just curious :wink:

Oh please… Players should be able to save or spend how they like.

5 Likes

I have no idea what the total number is. Right now I have between 5-6k. Being in an extremely active guild helps a lot. I’ve also made a number of purchases, which I know a lot of folks don’t do. So, I suppose the real answer is - your guess is as good as mine. :smile:

Fun fact: River Song’s VIP level is numerically higher than most people’s gem count :grin:

2 Likes

I think it’s OK for the devs to try and drain resources, and I don’t think it’s OK to consider capping resources.

It is a very delicate balance to design an F2P game. If I don’t feel like I’m making progress, I quit. If I reach the “end” of the content, I get bored and quit. If I think the long-term goals are too inaccessible, I don’t want to walk the treadmill.

So the designer has to introduce new content at a pace that matches dedicated, competitive players, but doesn’t outpace interested, casual players, and keeps people at both the upper and lower levels entertained. I do not envy their job.

Me, I play the game as long as it’s fun. I don’t know what the right balance is. I’m just going to kind of go with the flow and aggressively avoid things that make me care too much about the game, like “getting interested in the competitive meta”.

1 Like

Oh, I was imagining a 6 figure horde of gems :smile:

Anyone know what the record is for most gems stockpiled?

If the resources gains aren’t capped the veterans will have a large advantage as they already reached the upper-limit of resource’s generation. It’s a delicate balance like you said so it’s better to have a cap on the generation of resources than increasing costs as it would punish new players.

I agree cap the veterans!!! How unfair is it that the have all these resources. Why stop there They should completely DELETE everyone’s troops at the start of the week so the game will be ‘fair’.

And cap everyone’s Glory at 400! …And clear that to zero every daily reset so people will not be able to stockpile that unfairly as well!

How unfair that people have unlocked Kingdoms with bonuses! Re-Lock them down too every reset.

Guilds completely unfair cap them too! And reset everything in them every day to make sure its “fair”. Cap the all the Guilds to 1 member to make it ‘fair’ for everyone.

/s

7 Likes

i’ve never understood this kind of thinking especially in a game like this.how does anyone elses resources/progression affect anyone elses?other than in arena with db apparently xD

4 Likes

No, but it has something to do with the economic aspects of the game. A game with constant updates and inovations (requiring people to work and be paid for said content) where everyone have everything they can get (without any limiting factor, outside of time invested) is without a doubt not profitable so the devs also changed the way guilds works. They could simply make harder and harder to complete tasks and stop all veterans on their tracks by doing so and also making difficult for everyone else to make progress… Instead they chose to put a limit on how much people can get.

This way new players still have a chance to make progress in a reasonable rate, veterans still can hoard resources, but nothing like they could before, and the game company still have a chance to be profitable.

In all seriousness Caps are stupid. Its Like requiring Gold to play a match (REMOVED!).

Talking about specifically about extreme end game players. A year ago I proposed the Legendary Tasks increase incrementally each week. 1.0M for the 1st, 1.1M for the 2nd, 1.2M the 3rd, etc. The devs never implemented anything like this: so they must feel LT and extreme end game players are just fine with their resources.

2 Likes

I may need a reminder; it feels like every change that can impact new players has impacted new players negatively more than veterans. Was there a time when new players have benefited from veteran players being capped?

I see it from another angle: They perceived that it would prevent fresh organised guilds from doing a regular number of legendary tasks, just as they figured that it would hardly impact the gains of the top guilds. Obviously the top 5% of the veterans still do better than the other 95% of players, but from a business perspective i believe they did the best they could with what they had.

That’s where the increased speed factors in. If they would simply add the new configurations to speed battles who would collect more gold, and finish more tasks?

With the cap it hardly matters if the veterans are generating copious amounts of gold, because even with the legendary tasks the payouts are controled.

But for the new/midgame players they have a way to generate more resources in a shorter period of time and can start progressing at a better rate than before. They’ll still generate less than a veteran, or not depending of some factors like joining a good guild and the amount of time playing daily, but the said veterans aren’t miles and miles ahead anymore.

And this brings us again to this question:

We are strange creatures, flawed strange creatures… It would be a untruth to say that we will never envy what others have. What we decide to do with this envy is important, so let’s assume you’ll make the best choice and challenge yourself trying to reach or even surpass others. But to do it you can’t always outrun time and past opportunities that are not present anymore… So players might feel like:

The devs job is to balance not only the game, but also our perception of the game as whole and all of that while trying to make a living of it…

2 Likes

The speed boost was fine and dandy, but then the devs nerfed the lower guild tasks and moved some of it to the upper levels of the guild tasks which new players in less active guilds aren’t able to complete…

I’m waiting for the “see these bright shiny orbs in my left hand…while nerf the hell out of the gems in your right hand”, then there’ll be multiple discussions on how it is good value from the devs and how it is a crazy valuation from the community because orbs are limited while gems are flexible.

Yeah, but it would be unwise to put the best rewards in the very first tasks… People need to be engaged in the game in order to get better rewards an that’s interesting for the devs, having engaged players bring a lot of tangible and untangible benefits for the game as a whole.

Also, they didn’t simply took things away and gave us the middle finger. They keep bringing features that helps all players in general. We have the Soulforge, which is not living up to the, unrealistic, expectations of a major portion of players… But still it’s a long-term commitment and even if someone would argue that the Dungeon Bosses are too strong for new players the simpliest rebuttal is that the crafting materials are also available at guild tasks.

Again, someone would argue that they removed the precious gems and exchanged for the crafting materials, but we couldn’t really expect to have the Soulforge and Dungeon stockpilling extra resources until our regular resources fail to bring the new cards…

But really, this is all my perspective about the most recent changes, it’s usually hard for us, players, to understand the goals of the devs because we can’t see the next steps. But once you stop to consider everything so far you can see the devs made some solid and reasonable decisions. Or perhaps, people simply didn’t had some long experience with Gacha/F2P games, so please don’t be offended: “You know nothing TheIdleOne Snow.” (I totally need a Red Haired Wig of Freckles +3 to make this joke work better…) :wink:

4 Likes

QFT

I’ll never understand why some people are so jealous of what someone else has that they pro-actively advocate for caps on resources that have always been unlimited.

If I have the discipline to save and spend my resources wisely, there is nothing wrong with me benefiting from planning ahead.

9 Likes

I don’t support caps because I secretly aim to be the veteran on a hoard of useless traitstones one day.

I also don’t support caps because I’ve played games with caps where I had an off week and couldn’t play as much, hit the caps, and suddenly found I had to play because the caps were making me lose passive income. That was the push I needed to quit those games.

Yes my res are getting a lil low …Screenshot_1 :yum:

7 Likes