Are the Devs taking things too far?

Good to see you too @Whiskeyjack - even if the gif is a little creepy… :wink:

You make some very good points there. I remember when I started playing, coming up two years ago. I look back and remember totally avoiding PvP for a long time, until I just bit the bullet and gave it a try. Surprisingly, I did pretty well but still obviously come unstuck against some of the tougher teams, but that’ll almost always happen, regardless of your level. I think the devs have done a pretty good job of giving end game players more content, even if a little repetitive, as well as making the game accessible for new players.

1 Like

Don’t forget that lower level players end up getting more gold per PvP battle also

3 Likes

@Angie As the Level 1000+ player, you should know the game curve already. The new players could do tons of things before they went to higher competitive PVP, or guild war. Guide your family members, if they are low level player, to fit the curve, do something comfortable with their current level. If they challenge something not supposed done by their level, don’t blame the game hard.

And you sir are the only one says every mythic is useful in someway. Interesting. Of course every troop is usable if fit the team but most mythic are just not as good as some legendaries.

There are lots of anti divine team has been discussed in the forum. Some of them are cheap build. No mythic at all. Go and find the search button, tape anti divine, done. Better than crying ubastat not beatable.

1 Like

You’re a level what now and can’t beat a what now?

1 Like

im a level 25 have probs beating teams with rhynax on them…but im not for nerfing so i think rhynax should be buffed! :sunglasses:

Rhynax traited or naked?

I must admit, it wouldn’t be great to be a new player starting out now. Not impossible but not great.

2 Likes

No it’s not, you get stomped in the pets rescue, dungeons, invasions 1 billion stones to farm and no way to get resources for the forge because of course bosses there are ridiculous so you can’t actually escape the trash train cards by crafting decent ones, you gotta hope for the rng gods, or have money to throw at the game. New player life is rough.

1 Like

Who’s Rynax? Is he a divine? If he’s a divine I suggest using NOTHING with mana drain or barrier. Similarly, use ONLY fully traited Firebombs and cast AS SOON as the match starts. If Firebomb is not traited, use Elspeth. If none of the above are traited, I suggest playing pet rescue, preferably one where the opponents are goblins, with Firebomb and Elspeth on your team. It’ll give you traitstones. :wink:

If you lose, come to the forums and talk about how Rynax needs a nerf. Ignore the people telling you to build a proper team against him, just scream nerf. As for goblins, they are fine, perfect in fact. Except that one Fizz thing, that one need a buff, I mean nerf… again.

1 Like

Although I always think there is room for PvP improvement, your thread is very ‘the sky is falling’ in a ‘do I need a jacket today’ world. PvP is currently boring, but not overly difficult.

New players should in NO WAY be competitive with established players. You have to start small to see the difference as you improve. New players should be focusing on improving their collection and choosing their battles. A new player should not be able to steamroll 3-trophy PvP.

At your level if you are not competitive, that is completely on you. I am a lower level than you and I have at least 8 teams that can 3-trophy PvP.

Mythics are not game-breaking. You cannot portray them all as nuclear weapons and be taken seriously. They are not even necessary to win. They are fun extra troops that are rarely gotten, and as such more appreciated.

To be honest I fear more yu guai or whatever the hell it’s name is than any mythic in the game. That card is absurd

Becareful Poor Yao Guai going to be nerfed. :joy:

Good to hear! :joy:

No, I’m just joking… Hopefully. :sweat_smile:

I already avoid any battle where I see his name anyway, but a nerf would be indeed awesome. I hate that card

The real issue has nothing to do with the troops you’re facing. But the way they scale the AI difficulty. They say they never mess with it. But it seems to change daily. So…:person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Angie. You could try an dragon team. For me most of the times 80% i beat that dvine team.
Banner abysmal banner
Mountain cruser(hero)
Dragon soul
Worldbreaker
Glitterclaw.
For me worked. Have fun.

If those are the troops on hand, you have no business in pvp in the first place. Arena is where you should be, trying new troops and leveling up until you can compete in pvp.

Btw, the instamythic thing is never gonna happen. You have to wait for them, just like we did.

1 Like

Mythic troop PvP usage stats:

Yeah most of them, but I don’t have Suna or Weaver.

That’s the only mythic I have used since it came out.

This has been my main PvP team for a while. Thanks again @Griever666

1 Like