Are the Devs taking things too far?

@Angie: how much money did you spend on the game? Just curious.

I’m not siding with Eika, Angie. But in my experience, not all mythics are worth all the hype. A lot of people want them to complete their collection. I’d dare say there are very few people who use every single one of their collected mythics. Some are obviously better than others, but the same applies to legendaries and even epics… Using the right team, it should beat any opposing team most of the time. Of course RNGesus doesn’t back us up every time, but put simply, given enough time and resources, this game is never TOO hard for anyone. It’s not all about mythics, I was well over level 1000 myself before I even got my first base mythic troop.

2 Likes

he is talking about new players,not the level 1000 guys.
and he complains not for himself! he complains for all beginners
i would never want to start this game with a fresh level 0 hero again these days

Only the very few beginners have a problem with this game. If many beginners had these boards would had sunken under with 29.000 threads like these by now.

first ,most beginner arent writing in the forum. and second ,most beginners stop playing after two mounths when they realise they cannot keep up with the others

1 Like

you get what I mean, @Gerry1366. There would be a dozens more threads like these if the game really was too difficulty for new players.

2 Likes

I get that, but there are many other things to do in the game than PvP. Newcomers have all the quests for all the kingdoms, which will in turn give them a lot of epics, some of which are REALLY good and can be used in Explore and lower level PvP. But it’s the same across almost every game out there, you have to invest time and resources to be able to do end game content… Newcomers can’t expect to just be given everything at the very start, else there’d be no longevity in the game.

7 Likes

Oh, and hi @Eika :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t see it as a problem really for the new beginners the first thing they gotta do is some quest around and join a decent guilds there’s are many many of them that will help them out and in no time they will be pulling good troops.

When I started pvp was a novelty. I was addicted to explore, maps, the kingdom quests, etc. I know the urge to beat the meta, but it took me months to reach a point I could compete in three trophy ranked battles. Not that I saw that as a problem, since I had plenty of things to do to help me get stronger.

Now you can level classes, do daily tasks, compete in events with free sigils, and collect weekly/monthly daily login rewards… I think some of the newer folks have it pretty good these days.

4 Likes

And i think we would probably keep answering those threads, if in two out of ten threads we could make the OP reconsider their opinions i would be happy with such progress.

2 Likes

I recently started a new account, and after getting near level 300, I was able to beat most PvP again. Not every time of course, but if there was a tough one I’d pick 1 or 2 trophy.
Als o the orbs make it quicker for newer players to get troops trained and leveled up. He is now around lol 500 and has no trouble with 90% of 3 trophy PvP. So obviously newer players can play competitively. A good guild and good advice go a long way

6 Likes

I almost answered that I use all the mythics I have, except I then remembered that Voice of Orpheus was ‘allegedly’ a Mythic troop. :rofl:

You use Plague, Wulfgarok, Scoprius, Abynissia, Draakulis, Jotnar, Stonehammer, Doomclaw, Gargantaur, Skadi, Death, Aurora, War, Worldbreaker, Xathenos, Weaver? Well you may not have this ones. But some of them.

Why no empowered divine chomper?

1 Like

Well said, and also there might be a few newbees that comes by and takes the good advice given in this thread. So it is by all means not a waste. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As New player (lvl 190 now) I feel like the forge should be more accessible to lower players, lvl 1200 players don’t give a damn about it, New players would need it more. As for mythics no matter how strong they are there’s always a cheaper card that can beat it I feel…like a few days ago i got “the silence one” it’s just a legendary but that dude is great if you really fear a mythic.

tumblr_n6gknrG1gr1sbj1wqo2_400

Nice to see you DTO!

Anyway, back on topic, I agree that the game has become a lot easier in many respects for new players. When I started, there wasn’t even an explore mode for farming traitstones - you had to replay challenges with the normal traitstone chance. Now there are lots more ways to level up troops, plus guild tasks give you a lot of the resources that you need. Most of the mythics ARE garbage, so it’s easy to craft the handful of good ones. At level 1165 you shouldn’t be missing infernus - he should have been the first one you crafted. Plus, PvP isn’t a necessity, especially at ranked level.

There’s post of help available here and elsewhere if lower level players need help putting together a decent team

4 Likes

By the sacred mustache, that’s a creepy gif!
Saves a copy of it.

2 Likes

The game is not healthy but this is a bad phrasing.

If you absolutely cannot beat Divines I don’t know what you’re doing at your level. I’m 1188 and have been stomping them since 900. Use Divines to beat Divines. When I’m exceptionally careful and have the right hero class, keeping a 95+% win rate is possible. I didn’t think this was true a few weeks ago, but after taking some time to make dedicated attempts I assure you 200+ win streaks are possible. Divines were actually the most reliable win, with high-variance teams like Goblins being the biggest risks.

The only problem I see is as the pool widens with more legendaries and more mythics, it’s less and less likely a player will have specific powerful combinations by a certain level. Over time, this makes intelligent use of Soulforge more important, but also makes the cost of diamonds more of a burden.