Android emulation via NOX

Is the use of Gems of War via emulation software like Andy, Bluestacks and NOX considered acceptable by the devs? I want to work around the pausing issue in the steam version of the game as I alt-tab frequently, so running GoW in NOX would be ideal. However considering the time and money I have invested in my account, I really don’t want to get banned because emus aren’t allowed (though I have seen no statements to that effect).

Would be great if one of the devs to clarify an official position on whether emulating Android to play is acceptable as long as no exploitation occurs to give an unfair ingame advantage.

Cheers!

2 Likes

We don’t mind if you do so.

3 Likes

Is it also okay to play at the same time with Steam and with an Android emulator?

Thanks Nimhain! You’re the best!

Grey area. What you’re worried about is “can the devs detect it”, “will the devs detect it”, and “will it tick them off?”. I can’t speak for them. But I know what players are going to say.

A bunch are going to argue this is cheating, because in strict definitions of cheating any kind of automation is cheating. A bunch are going to argue with that, because technically you aren’t really going much faster than a real tablet user could go. Players never agree on this.

Definitely get some dev feedback here. In terms of “Can they detect it?”, possibly. I’ve seen enough vague statements to wonder if they aren’t collecting some data about moves made to help detect cheaters. A somewhat sophisticated bot detection system would also look for “taps exactly the same place every time”. My gut tells me they aren’t looking that deeply, but I’ve got no data to back that up.