Anchors Aweigh

I thought the order of appearance was fixed for everyone who played. So everyone who has progressed through the same number of battles will have seen the same number of entries in the pre-generated list—it’s just a question of which five battles you haven’t fought yet, and/or how many battles you’ve lost.

I believe the pre-generated list is per location, otherwise the leaderboard scores won’t be as spread out as they actually are. If we have depth 60 at each map location, and the theory is correct, then there will be one single optimal path.

The first part that coalesces is when every map location has been drained to arrive at Mosasaurus, at that point in time everyone should have the same score. From then on, pick your lucky location.

2 Likes

Here are the graphics to help you this week:

Details:

Reward Tiers:

Scoring:

8 Likes

Since, once again, we have Skull Medals when the troop limitation gives us virtually no skull creation options in this event: can we at least agree that this is the Devs (not the Mods, nor the Publishers) choosing to do this to the players, despite the feedback being allegedly passed on?

Surely the pattern of automatically pointing at the Publisher for instances that no Publisher gets involved with (medal selection, WE scoring system, 3 guild events in a single week…) continuously enables (through the pattern’s resulting implied exoneration) the Dev team to continue to exploit player frustration in the hopes of selling their relief packages?
:face_with_monocle: :blush: :vulcan_salute:

#gowCaresAboutPlayersHavingFun #gowDevsListen

4 Likes

Meanwhile we have all the icons on the map dancing to a sea shanty… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Average Tier Buy In based on the leaderboards leans towards Tier 2 (between 68 and 70 battles) you may get it with Tier 1 but 2 would definitely cover it.

Maybe they are trying to submerge themselves, sink to the bottom and get an extra turn? :smile:

11 Likes

You know what bothers me more than the skull-damage Medal for a World Event when options for generating attack and skulls are really limited or don’t exist at all?

World Events where the restriction is kingdom-based. Because that’s like fighting Zuul’goth, only your choice of weapons is highly restricted and you have no viable Godslayer – the Medals won’t make up for that even if you get a Medal that’s skull damage and magic damage.

When we get a Medal that’s skull damage increase only, I at least can view that as something of a challenge to build a creative team with the other restrictions. On the other hand, I’ve done every Raidboss event already and would prefer not to do a slightly-more-restrictive version of the same.

2 Likes

I’m just guessing here, but this sure feels like what happened: Devs saw Skullbeard & Johnny Bronze and thought the skull medal would be no problem.
Well, the problem is, neither one of them are RELIABLE.
Skullbeard generates 5 skulls…then IMMEDIATELY blows up 22 gems. I know for a fact that any skull matches are not counted because i turned down the speed, watched him generate a 3 match, only to watch it blow up & the 1st enemy troop only take exploding skull damage (multiplied by medal) and stick around, instead of being killed.
And the Johnny Bronze spell needs to be re-worded to :Give 8 skulls to the AI.
The fact that both are boosted by treasure maps and you have one mythic that can loop and potentially (but only rarely) generate a map is, shall we say, less than ideal.
And let’s not forget that the pitiful selection of weapons has ZERO skull generation.

4 Likes

I seem to remember it being said that what the medals do each WE is up to RNG… but I my be wrong

I really have no clue how useful this new troop is. I am using him in the world event to get gold to boost the Bronzelock Pistol spell and that’s it. I don’t even think either him or the Bronzelock Pistol will be useful as the week goes on and I wind up fighting much stronger teams.

On the other hand, I really do like the artwork for the card… I generally like the artwork for the goblins. They all look demented in their own sort of cute way.

Why wouldn’t you instead use the Empowered troop that gives you gold and converts green to blue? He’s -always- useful as a converter, and does something instantly because he’s empowered.

Because I’m a putz and really wanted to find some sort of use for the new troop

1 Like

You still need to get your gold up.

I asked this in a stream once and the medals are chosen by the design team.

Some of us, myself included, thought it was RNG. Apparently not. :woman_shrugging:

Aziris is one of my favorite troops. He’s deadly as hell in the right teams.

3 Likes

Who or what decides the troop restrictions?
Like this week having Blackhawk troops vs Blackhawk troops plus the mandatory Maraji Queen because the devs know at the very least that she’s good so she gets used EVERY where on defense.

If the designers decide the medal before RNG decides the restrictions then it serves no difference.

1 Like

If that’s true, then you have to wonder what their thought process is when deciding which medals to use. Do they just say we want this one really hard or really easy and decide accordingly? Because we have had both types of world events in the past.

The only good thing in this world event is that there are a number Blackhawk troops with instant kill/devour abilities and traits. Not 100 percent reliable but at least it’s working for me so far. This event would have been torture otherwise.

1 Like

Aziris was on my 4 Purple Troops from Khetar Soul Farm Team, back when I farmed souls, and daily tasks might require 4 purple troops, or a team from Khetar. I turned up the volume so I could hear his cackle. hehehehehe

I’m using Mosasauros, Cap’n Macaw, Megavore, and Bronzelock. Too much Blue/Red, but hey, it is what it is. I don’t cast until Megavore does, then Cap’n, then the pistol, then whatever. Pistol is a Missile, what? Mosa devours only once in ten for me despite it being 50%. Again, whatever.

If 2 potions gets an active guild all it needs, then what difference does it matter if they don’t have a skull spam team? Save your time and gems and hope to get a tie for the Invasion Weekend if you want a Orb of Power. Less aggro.

An orc using blue? What is this sorcery?

4 Likes