Alright Devs... Enough is Enough... (Soul Forge...) :(

All mythics available at all times.

If you want to use an rng schedule to entice people to spend real money then have different ones on sale each week, e.g. 3 on sale for 3500 diamonds.

It’s crazy having rng there, the forge was specifically created to avoid the terror of rng.

p.s. put Doomclaw up next week, thanks.

5 Likes

These same posts will come up when those who want to save 500 diamonds of the slow-to-collect diamonds keep waiting for Pharos to go “on sale” and it never comes.

1 Like

Indeed, you can’t make everybody happen but it seems like a fairer method. Removes the rng and still encourages people to spend.

Do you really think this is realistic? Going from random mythics in Soulforge every week to make all the mythics available at all times? The main reason why I ask is that it would be too good to be true, as well as the RNG factor is more or less in the games veins. Also I believe the Devs made it RNG in first place for a reason, to keep this aspect of the game RNG too. In my opinion as several others have told its a little too much RNG in it atm, and hopefully there will be less RNG in it. But I find it near to impossible to think that the mythics in the Soulforge will be available at all times, I rather believe Mexico will win the next World Cup.

3 Likes

I do believe it is ok to make them available at all times. The 2 month period earning/saving resources is enough of a wall. Give people another reason to spend money, instead of forcing them to avoid a needless second wall.

3 Likes

Realistic or not, it’s better to express the desired outcome than to prematurely temper expectations. Let the devs meet halfway; it’s their job to find the compromise between their conflicting goals.

6 Likes

I totally respect that opinion, and also think it would be fair, but when its so much RNG in it atm I cant see that they will ever take away all the RNG of it, and then make it totally RNG free. Taking away some of the RNG as @Lyya says, or let the Devs met us at the halfway, looks nice, the RNG needs to be balanced in Soulforge too. Everything that is a little better than it currently is is nice. So my opinion is, I have low expectations as most of the times, that way a train wont hit me, Im only hoping for a little less RNG than it currently is.

1 Like

Well due to the extreme Event Keys nerf, then legendary troops should be choosable. The new ones are impossible to get now, especially when most of the junk in event chests is NOT even from the event on a given week!

They will never offer up every Mythic, as it will negate VIP and gem chests, even though VIP chests are now pretty useless since other nerfs.

2 Likes

To everybody that has taken the time to voice an opinion or vote in the poll, I send a heartfelt THANK YOU!

Since it has been brought up a couple of times, allow me to address the option that I intentionally did not include: ALL Troops at ALL times.

The reason for its exclusion is a simple one, we all know we want it, devs know we want it, we also know from past experiences that we ain’t gonna get it! :wink:
SO, why ruin a poll with data that would obviously skew towards that answer? I wanted to offer two “realistic” options that the devs might consider as that mythical “compromise” that @lyya mentions.

Believe me, if they come back and say you know what we’ve had a change of heart and decided that ALL troops should be craftable after a 6 month period of exclusivity in chests… then by ALL MEANS I will be LEAPING around wherever I happen to be atm, but until then, I prefer a rational approach to keep my expectations in check as well, just like @eika.

I hope that makes sense to those of you who feel slighted by the poll excluding that option. If you feel strongly, then please vote that SOMETHING must be done and post here and express your opinion. That’s why I created this thread.

Keep up the great conversations!
With much appreciation to all my forum friends and family,
efh313

7 Likes

I would but that option also states ‘that I don’t care what is done’, I would have voted for ‘other’ if it was an option.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response.
I still think 6 available, cycled through all available mythics on a rotation system, reset daily would be a reasonable option. Or do half on a roster, and half rng.

3 Likes

That’s a fair point, and the choice of the phrase “I don’t care” carries a connotation that I did not intend. My intention was “There might be other options out there besides these two, but something must be done.” Essentially this was my “OTHER” vote, but I can see how the wording muddied that. For that I am sorry.

Does anybody know, if I alter the phrasing of the poll will it reset the poll or just modify the language without affecting the votes already placed?

At 20 Mythics (soon to be 21), You would see every mythic twice a week. At that point, might as well just make them all craftable, all the time.

If it becomes a set rotation, I think it needs to stay weekly.

7 Likes

In my experience, you can’t even alter anything on the poll at this point. There is a small time frame to alter parts of it (unless they have changed how polls work).

2 Likes

You’d think that, but then this topic wouldn’t exist as is. They’re not rotating evenly or at a predictable rate. Pharos-Ra would be nearing a 2 weeks no-show as a daily reset.

They should all be craftable all the time, given that they plan on doing 2 Mythics per Kingdom + Apocolypse and any other future locations. How do you account for that monstrosity later down the line? Deal with it later? sounds like a bad idea.

But we’re not going to get craftable at all time and I wish they would say why. So, at least a daily reset would give a better chance at seeing everything at some point. If you miss it on the day its available, it’ll be easier for it to come back quicker. Weekly, it may be MONTHS before you see it again.

One just needs to look at the current Legendaries to see how bad shuffling through a larger pool of mythics will be.

2 Likes

I clicked to edit the OP and it was allowing me to alter the verbiage within the poll, but I was nervous to change it since over 100 people have participated. :confused:
Maybe I’ll just add a disclaimer above the poll explaining that the third option is the OTHER choice?

Would that split the difference adequately?

2 Likes

I personally have never given a single thought about collecting and completing my collection. As insane as it might sound, I intentionally retarded my progression in the game because I wanted to savor the progression not rush it. Savor and Rush are subjective terms but for me I don’t fall anywhere close to your motivations for playing. Collecting has absolutely nothing to do with it although I’m not so self-centered to think that others don’t very much crave that aspect of the overall experience.

Fun fact: I didn’t even TRY to start making headway until over 650 hours of play. And that was a deliberate choice.

I care deeply about the mechanics, which 2 months ago were at their lowest point. Now we’re a few steps above the lowest point and getting better. Unfortunately it seems to me that they have put in some stop-gap measures to keep non-functional mechanics functioning, but I’m tired of the illusion constantly breaking. That is a rant for another thread.

For me it is all about playing. And unraveling the incredibly deep puzzle that is stashed under everything, invisible in plain sight.

4 Likes

To clarify my position (because I think we are similar in thinking):

If they do a random rotation of mythics, then switch daily. If they do a set rotation of mythics, keep it weekly.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother really. Personally, I still wouldn’t click “There might be other options out there besides these two, but something must be done.” because it doesn’t match a choice I would have picked despite any “other” disclaimer added.

That’s why I just typed my opinion in the thread.

1 Like

For every person like you that has the where with all to make a contribution despite a PERFECT choice, there are probably 100 who lack that initiative. :wink:

I added the simple disclaimer in the hopes that it opens the door for more people to volunteer their opinions.

1 Like