I apologize for the ping, but I truly feel it is necessary…
First and foremost, I am a GoW HOMER! I love this game, I defend it at every opportunity. I gripe, of course, I am passionate, comes with being a Pisces right @Ashasekayi? But at the end of the day, I am here and I am pushing for people to give you all the benefit of the doubt, to trust that you have a vision for GoW that we may not see as of yet and to remain hopeful.
Suffice it to say, my hope is all but lost.
You had a playerbase that was transparent about their desire for an outlet, an oasis, a sanctuary from the omnipresent RNGesus that necessarily pervades GoW. Your well thought out and highly anticipated answer was The Soul Forge.
It arrived on the scene to hesitant joy and despite outcries, I came rushing to the rescue, but enough is enough. Having the craftable troops SOLELY selected by RNG is a brutal slap in the face and insult to your playerbase that was more than willing to always fall behind in the collection race to ensure that ability to craft a needed mythic.
You have already gated the resources VERY well, the math has been done extensively by better math minds than mine, and if memory serves, a player who buys every gem pack and wins every dungeon battle still requires 6 weeks of resource collection to craft a mythic. Buying only Sunday packs requires 8 weeks. Clearly with a new mythic being dropped every week, this means that we will NEVER be able to craft at the same speed, only 1.5x to 2x the length of time.
With this gate already in place, can you please explain WHY you would make the design decision to have the WEEKLY Troop choices dependent upon RNG?
I truly would like to have an answer, but this is a FEATURE REQUEST, so I better get to it.
Because I am still the eternal optimist, I am willing to accept that there might be some reason to the above question I have not thought of, so I humbly present you with 2 choices for this Feature Request:
- Keep the Craftable Troop rotation weekly, but devs control the choices so that a reasonable rotation is available for players willing to wait. As you introduce more the pool will only GROW and unless you are controlling the selections then eventually The Soul Forge will lose any real viability (credibility?) as a crafting mechanic.
- If you MUST keep the choices determined by RNGesus for some reason, then please, for the love of all things HOLY, have them change DAILY upon reset!! This will not hurt you at all, if you truly love the crapshoot of RNG it just gives your players more dice rolls. Remember, right now we WANT to play with this shiny new toy. GIVE US THE MEANS TO DO SO. As of right now, we get only 52 tosses of the dice. It is not enough…
Devs, I love this game, I appreciate your hard work and diligence, please consider these requests and help me to understand your thought processes.
EDIT: I wanted to add a poll for two reasons. To collect data for the devs, and to satisfy my own curiosity! Please Participate!
Disclaimer: For Clarity, the third selection was intended to be the indifferent OR to be the “other” option, but I did not word it very well. If you think there is a better solution, but SOMETHING must be done, then please select option 3 and SHARE your idea in a post below. Apologies for the confusion of “I don’t care.”
- I would prefer the devs control the choices and keep it weekly.
- I would prefer that devs leave it to RNGesus but give us daily draws.
- I don’t care what is done but SOMETHING must be done.
- I love Soul Forge as is, please don’t touch my baby.