Alliance Ranks Shouldn't Be Reset Every Season

I might be stupid. I don’t understand 2 Immortals in a season.

I’m even less invested in making progress in Immortals because the Immortal pool is going to get too bloated

7 Likes

Especially now that we know how irrelevant Immortals are to most of us: they can expect ~20-25% of my PvP activity this season as compared to the last one, and zero chance of buying or recommending the PvP season pass to guildies.

Alliance Ranks Should Not Have Been Reset.
:vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

@AMT I don’t disagree that they can be farmed. I just put on my tin foil hat to see how they could justify keeping them in the drop.
To be clear they should be in the drop especially now they pollute thf immortal pool with 2 new ones. If they want people to buy the chests they need to remove the guff drops.

Official Confirmation despite all the feedback against Ranks Resetting: adjust playing effort accordingly.

:vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I saw someone hit 800k in the last day. I felt bad for them

5 Likes

That’s gotta sting: however, we all keep on learning what can and can’t be expected from IP2, & the ears on the ground suggest not a high percentage of season 1 pass buyers will get the season 2 pass. (who could have thought opening dud chests would deter purchases?)

As usual, much avoidable if customer feedback was actually heard and implemented.
:person_shrugging: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

I think what’s going on is they want to follow every other game’s idea of a season pass which is a new season of rewards starting from the beginning. Usually a new season is supposed to bring excitement to a game as a time to try something new, reclimb the ladder, get new rewards etc. That part makes sense.

The biggest problem is that Gems of War’s pvp season passes take way longer than most other games by a considerable margin (basically every other game I know) to gather all of the rewards.

I’m sure someone will “well actually” me on some random match 3 phone game with a longer battle pass.

The way Gems of War and these Seasons are currently structured, it would make more sense if they reset only 50% of the VP per season (and get rid of those Icons).

The ones that don’t have that much progress won’t be set back much and the ones that overachieve have a path to start a new season with the upper rewards available.

7 Likes

Ways to improve the situation (and therefore sales of the Pass) abound, as do the corresponding suggestions in this forum.

Due to precedent on how much user feedback is actually listened to, not gonna waste time creating a list of suggestions on how to improve the overall PvP Season Design, so just going to reiterate once again the absurdity of Resetting Alliance Ranks and the detrimental effect it has on gameplay (surely with some small outlier subset of players who will chase the top rank every season):

• VP can be reset every season, without forcing us to lose our Alliance Rank, in the same way that I can have 2500 Faction Renown and still start a Tuesday Faction Assault at Level 10.
  • The “Promoted” PvP goal can be changed to “Reach X VP during this season”, so existing Alliance Ranks do not overlap with that goal.
  • Alliance Rank daily rewards are insignificant enough that no economy is being broken here.

But first they would need to stop conflating Seasonal VP and Alliance Ranks, and nothing so far indicates that they are aware of how much of an obvious issue this is to actual players, and instead they are “collecting data”, a method whose effectiveness has been seen in how much Journey has ‘improved’.
:zipper_mouth_face: :vulcan_salute:

11 Likes

When changing an alliance, you need 100 days before the final. This is cruel… 800 OP is a small problem

1 Like