All the issues in the game, they fix the one that benefits players

Not sure how it’s an exploit other than saving ones time or gems I guess not to skip the tasks. I guess for the stat boosts? The tasks themselves are only a few of the whole campaign. Maybe those who pay for the campaign could of exploited the bug? I only used the exploit on alts who used the free campaign. Never saw the need to on my main paid account.

And I thought someone proved that for those who do the free campaign you end up losing more resources more than you gain. So who’s actually doing the exploiting here eh?

1 Like

Scheissekopf makes no sense in German…

1 Like

I’ll take your word for it. Got it from Marvel Comics back in the day. “Ich bin ein donut”.

I use keys, I get stuff back. In and out of the campaign, makes no difference to me. Maybe I’d prefer to save those 2 Event Keys for a kingdom I like, and maybe I’d like to save those Glory Keys for Mythic Fridays, but I still get stuff back. And maybe I don’t need to use summon stones, so I guess that’s a negative resource.

And I don’t disagree with you on the Training Battle glitch getting priority. I’d prefer they get my Xbox working first. It works, most of the time. But, it is what it is.

Thanks all for the discussion.

2 Likes

I know for a fact that Mobile notifications are outsourced.

I’m not sure what you mean by outsourcing notifications. >99% of all apps ‘outsource’ their mobile notifications, ie. they’re delivered using Google’s/Apple’s infrastructure. There’s nothing malicious behind this practise - it just saves a bit of battery because it’s more efficient than connecting to dozens of servers to receive notifications.

The devs literally outsourced campaign tasks to it’s own AI because they didn’t want to bother with something that literally people spend money on.

I’ll readily believe a computer picked the campaign tasks. And that’s fine. A correctly programmed machine is much better at being random than a human could ever hope to be. What’s not fine is that ‘bad RNG’ is being used as a strawman to push the community into believing the developers are blameless for the game systems’ shortcomings and that there’s absolutely nothing anybody could possibly do about any of these shortcomings, because ‘RNG god struck again, not our fault’.

I can guarantee that a developer (probably at IP2, but maybe not, definitely human though!):

• drew up the list of tasks for the computer to choose from
  • can add new types of tasks or remove existing types of tasks at any point, if they so wish
  • defined the ranges (100-800 gems, 1-5 explore runs…) for these tasks
  • can change these ranges at any point, if they so wish
  • assigned weight to each individual task
  • can adjust the weight of any task at any point, if they so wish
  • saw all campaign tasks well in advance before they went live

Developers nodded this week’s list of tasks through. Developers are responsible for the types of tasks, their ranges, the weight assigned to them and the approval of the list of tasks as generated by the machine. IP2 is responsible for the systems they programmed or outsourced. RNG is blameless. Don’t direct your anger at RNG. IP2 and their developers need to iterate on many of the systems already in the game.

Who at IP2 wants to though? Honest question. 99% of the work done on GoW is directed at turning the game into a money printing shopping mall with match-3 minigames attached (so you can drop off the kids while shopping!). Every patch adds to the feeling and pushes the boundaries further. They’ve long since stopped acknowledging bugs and general deficiencies with the game, unless said bugs stop you from spending money.

This forum and the players passionate about the game? You’re just in the way of the next profit milestone.

13 Likes

All the free resources gained in week 10:

Resources used to complete week 10:

Amount of stars that could of been “exploited” had the fix not occured: 9
Amount of stars that would of realistically been “exploited”: 3

Just the Psion task due to the time necessary to find Psion. Compared to killing 13 purple Enemies. Or killing 9 Stryx troops.

I’m willing to bet for 90% of players purple Enemies and 9 Stryx troops combined took less time than killing one Psion troop.

Because the AI just sees that Psion is a World Event battle this week. It doesn’t see that 15 battles were required to complete before getting to the Psion battle. Which is poor design @Saltypatra.

So yeah, all that time and energy, to earn back that 50 Gems that they lost by changing the way Hero Classes work. I knew we were gonna have to pay for it eventually. :joy:

1 Like

Soooooo basically if we really want something fixed, we just need to explain how it’s helping us to do battles faster.

9 Likes

Let’s give it a try:

The incorrect weapon affix on the Doomed weapons are allowing me to speed through my explore battles with my team because I avoid using these weapons (ignore that I don’t actually have these weapons yet). If these affixes were fixed, I would need to charge up their 18-single mana cost, which would slow down my battles and net me less resources. Clearly it’s an exploit since I do more battles per hour with the affixes broken than I would if they were fixed.

15 Likes

You have to DM a dev privately for them to consider it an exploit so they can radiate you with that dev attention for 5 seconds to uplift your soul for the next 3 months.

Otherwise they know better. Nice try though.

1 Like