Actual Troops that break the Arena list

That would be AMAZING if I could see how my team was doing on Defense… Unfortunately I imagine the AI is trash with a lot of teams that players make work. For instance, let’s take Vlad the Unsated for example.

It steals 6 life, boosted its its own life, which from the start allows it to steal 5 additional life (it starts with 15 life with a 3:1 ratio). That means it can steal up to 11 life and kill any enemy with less than 11 health.

I have a feeling the programmers have not programmed it to know any of that information and it will randomly target opponents, whether they’ll die from it or not (always kill the lowest health targets first, because then you can kill the higher health targets since you’ll have more health to boost the damage).

Or, for instance, would the AI put Wall of Tentacles in front? Who knows.

Some teams just work. This was my last one.

Pride Hunter
Lasher
Zephyros
Drawven Zombie

I don’t believe the AI will reshuffle teams, if in fact it uses player-constructed teams for variety as opposed to some limited pre-constructed pool.

The AI uses the following order for defense in the arena.

Epic
Common
Rare
Ultra Rare

This thread is for troops that are OP in the arena. Please stay on topic.

only if a player used that setup or if that team is made of previous teams and hero is replaced with epic (some epics in 1st slot shouldn’t be there considering other troops, few of them wouldn’t be picked at all, so i guess they are random hero replacements).

As for troops:
Bor"Gakk → deals 10 damge + 2 for every skull on the board → usually hitting arround 18-26 per cast… 1shot killer for most of his casts

Make a different thread and show me a SS where my Rarity order’s not the case or send me a DM. I’m done discussing it here. But of the 100-200 arena battles I’ve done. It’s been the exact same order on defense every time.

And again… It’s not the point of the thread.

2 Likes

Can take a whole team down by it’s self with just a little help from skull cascades.

2 Likes

That’s how you get to the Royal Engineer. To stick to the title of this thread, I should be talking about Lucifria. What a troop for Arena! Hits a 14 instant damage and then burns all enemies. That’s 12 damage per turn passively.

3 Likes

How smart is AI/RNG in Arena!

I got two big scatter damagers - Bul’Tauros and Spooky Imp. Filled them both to cast. Lapina Knight spells to grant all allies a “random” status effect and it chooses to grant “submerge”. Yeah, right.

2 Likes

I don’t even care what team I have when I get this

If you get lucky with Baby Dragon

1 Like

Just handed me my first arena run loss (2 lost battles in a run)

To those who thought the arena was too easy.

:fu:

3 Likes

I just had an approximately 12-minute battle between mine Eldritch Guardian and enemy’s Ironjaw. All other cards were obviously eliminated in the process. I got to about 250+ health at some point. Sounds like the arena is finally balanced! :rofl:

I could have probably lost on purpose faster or just quit and started a new run. IDK why would I do it though.

Now, the new arena is seriously-seriously awful, not just simply annoying like some other game modes but plain stupid and awful. Some, even tiny design effort is clearly lacking here.

3 Likes

Anything with burn all troops is an almost guaranteed defeat. I ain’t sucking that egg ever ever again. Rubbish

1 Like

ICE WORM (does 7 damage in Arena)

Probably one of the best common troops in Arena. I had a battle in which I got lucky with the blue gems when I had cast this troop 5 times in succession. Really fun.

1 Like

Sand Scuttler gains 26 life AND armor in arena. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

There are many brokenly strong cards in Arena and most of them are easy to spot.

Don’t sleep on THIS one though. Urska Dragoon

Not only does “Enraged” myself doesn’t make much sense in a present-tense sentence, if your target has less armor than the 9 damage it does, it automatically gains the extra 10 damage. The enemy doesn’t need to be pre-damaged on Health. So on a good cast of Arena troops, this reads do 19 damage to an Enemy.

It looks very similar to Urska Savage (same colors: Green/Brown, same mana cost: 11, and both look like Urskas), which is very average in Arena, so look carefully when you see a bear.

5 Likes

Not only are there broken troops, but the AI has an uncanny ability to drop doomskulls left right and center for itself with simple 3-matches. Bad enough I’ve got to kill 6 winged bison without them hitting me out of nowhere for 13 or 18 points a hit.

1 Like

I see a lot of 1 shot troops listed in this thread (or potentially 1-shot). I actually don’t see these troops as OP. They are strong yes but surely can be targeted first to limit their kills to only 1 most of the time. OP troops imo are ones that can wipe the enemy team in 2 casts or troops that buff hp to ridiculous levels.

You can say that about any AI troop really.

Many player drafts only have one decent troop anyways and the AI has a nasty habit of picking off the good troops. It doesn’t take much to shut a team down.

I’ve lost Arena battles to strong one-shot troops taking my good picks out faster than I can deal with them. What do you do when they have more than 1 dangerous troops on their team? Example: Barbearius and Lapina Explorer on the same team.

The one-shotters are the nasty ones. Two-casters give you time to fight back.

2 Likes

Wait, so actually broken (not just in Arena)? I did have a situation where this Troop killed one of mine a bit unexpectedly.

1 Like

Yup. works like that outside of Arena too. Went to manually check it in casual PvP. Not as impressive of a strat there though.

1 Like