About those wisps

Let’s not add these to console please, we are fine without them, lol.

2 losses in GW this week, both to wisp. One turn 1 instaloss. The other I was working on the board with a famine fully filled when 1 drop cascaded me into oblivion. Famine never got to cast. NEEEEEERRRRF !!! :slight_smile:

Maybe once we do get it once console it will become more aware that this troop is broken, or working as devs intended because sometimes I think they are trolling us with these troops.

You would find Famine could not slove the problem at all. Ones giving silence may be better ,all by my own experience.

1 Like

Yes even that stupid squeak it makes whilst casting is infuriating. It’s like it’s laughing at me. I just wanna punch it in it’s squeaky face.

3 Likes

Well that sq’art sound when they die is even better!

3 Likes

Yes the thing I like best about Wisps is the squeeeeeel-pop noise they make when they die…

7 Likes

I must say ‘the update’ did nothing to weaken wisps. One purple match still fills up both outpacing everything currently in the game. Each match, especially in gw, you are at their mercy. Potentially 120 damage +skulls coming your way alongside their team filling up again and leaving you shattered and frozen.

Only solution I see is get rid of swift trait. Give them dodge for example. That would still fit their story background quite nice.

I use a team with silent one on wisps, works well, give it a try

Psion is a good counter against them, as he can drain on turn 1 from skulls, preventing the disaster.

Indeed these are both valid options, with psion being better than silent one cause it drains leaving wisp to fill up again.

Problem is that you either have to have that skull match or a good board start. A bad board start leaves you at the mercy of rng.

Example today in GW. Only 1match so had to take it. Wisps can take red the ensuing turn filling both turn. They cast both, filling krystenax 12/16, 2 dead troops and 2 half life frozen. Game over. Unfortunately these are not exceptions …

3 Likes

There is not 1 mana generator in the game that can keep up with wisps and there potential rngbased damage. They should lose the swift and perhaps have fast (4/9 mana). But they would be fine starting without mana too considering the rest of their package.

@Nimhain @Sirrian @Saltypatra please do something about this. That and giving freeze the rule that a only the troop is frozen and not the colour on all troops would better the meta A LOT

1 Like

I agree wisp must be nerfed now!

1 Like

As in, only deny an Extra Turn if the Frozen troop gained mana from the specified 4-match? I think that’d muddy the mechanics up way too much. Imagine a case where an unfrozen troop sits in front of a Frozen one of the same color. Would you say that a 5-match that spills a single point of mana over into the Frozen troop would be enough to deny the ET? What if you matched a 5-match and a 3-match in that turn, does the 5-match go to the first troop and the 3-match to the second (thus ET) or vice versa (thus no ET)?

I get where you’re coming from, and in simple cases it makes sense that a troop untouched by collected mana would not impact the ET eligibility, but I think in practice it opens up too many edge cases to be practical.

1 Like

I am the leader of The Anti Soft Club L’Administration(TASCA).
You will have to PM me if you gonna leave your membership.

1 Like

It would be more fair but still strong imo. You have 25 percent that it still hits the first troop and loops will still affect most of the team. But 1 4match wont render your monocoloured GW team useless and give you options to still work towards a victory

Freeze should just be eliminated as a game mechanic altogether

…the Unfrozen troop has a right to its extra turn, filling the frozen troops is a different thing. Frozen troops DO fill.
EDIT In fact, troops do not fill by combining gems, we do fill them in order - opposite to when they steal mana or are Enchanted, which is an individual action or state of the individual troop.

Oh, I know they do fill. (Part of) my question was this: Let’s say you have:

Deep Borer (9 Blue/Red)
Blast Cannon (12 Red/Brown)

Neither troop has any mana. Blast Cannon becomes Frozen, and then you create a 5-match on Red (for 10 mana due to Mana Surge). This fills Deep Borer, and then the “spill” of 1 mana goes to Blast Cannon. Should you get an Extra Turn or not? At what point would you say it’s okay to deny the Extra Turn?

Now imagine the situation of:

Aziris (6 Red/Purple)
Blast Cannon (12 Red/Brown)

Again neither troop has mana, and Blast Cannon is Frozen. Due to a converter you manage to get a 4-match on Red (which cannot Surge) and a 3-match on Red (which can, and in this case, does Surge) for a combined total of 10 mana. That’s enough to fill Aziris and spill to Blast Cannon. The question now is, did the 4-match generating the Extra Turn go partially to Blast Cannon, denying the Extra Turn, or did it go to Aziris?

I can only imagine the number of “WTF WHY DID I NOT GET AN EXTRA TURN!” threads and support tickets this would generate.

1 Like

But does the extra turn apply to a single troop? No, an extra turn is gained by the team and any troop can move (This is even true for Goblin extra turns, that are in fact gained by a single troop. The second turn then can be used by other troops). So why a single frozen troop denies what’s a gain for the whole team?