A peculiar issue at the end of a match if killed by any life drain ability

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam client, Game: 4.2.5.02, OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium Service Pack 1 (up-to-date)

Screenshot or image:
Provided.

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
When your last or enemy troop is killed and finishes the match, the match usually only ends when there is a last gem match or cascade, when it’s all over, then you see the Trophy/Reward screen.
This is correct default behavior and it’s working as intended.

However, if your last or their troop is killed by any life drain ability - (Troops: High King Irongut - Just a Bite trait, Yao Guai - Corruption trait, Nimue - Poison Tide trait, etc.) in the middle of gem match cascades, the match will end immediately, and all the ongoing progress will be ignored or skipped, which means less resources and treasure maps than intended. It’s also not a desired behavior.
Also, the cascade animation is slowed down by a lot when this happens.
The same thing happens if you click on a troop during the cascades - everything gets slowed down.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. Unknown, but it’s an old issue.

Steps to make it happen again:

• Check my screenshot - Team Setup (Hero - Titan, Explosive ability in the Ability Tree should be set)
  • Go against enemy team, and play until your Brown match cascades actually kill the last enemy.
    (High King Irongut - Just a Bite trait). Also, play at x3 or x4 game speed.
  • Observe an instant Victory screen, even if in the background there are still ongoing matches. (a bug)
    (Intended behavior is that the Victory screen only shows up once the cascades or gem matches are
    all stopped or ended, because there is nothing else to match.)

Edit: Also, the animation slows down, the same way as it does when you click on a card when the animation happens, even if you play at x3 or x4 game speed.

You can test this in PvP or Delves or Training Battles.

Just linking some other threads on this issue that I don’t think were resolved:

I can ‘vouch’ for the issue as well :stuck_out_tongue: - killing the last enemy with one of these traits causes the animations to slow down.

1 Like

I also forgot to mention that you get slowed down exactly the same way if you would click on some card at x3 or x4 speed when the troop gets killed like this. That’s the only detail that I missed.

Yep, I’ve reported this in a thread that’s already linked. Still happens pretty consistently, and once in a blue moon you can still see explosions and other effects lasting into the rewards screen.

1 Like

I’ll provide a video. I tried a few matches, but those examples were not good enough.
As soon as I’ll get a decent one, I’ll post it.

@Kafka
@Cyrup

Hey sorry for the extremely slow reply, we had an unexpected number of support requests followed by a few Australian public holidays so our response times are much slower than usual!

I’ve made a bug report so we can test for this.

Thank you.

It’s the easiest to replicate in Delves with the Team I had. Level 100-250 should do the trick, etc.
Of course, you need to get lucky with the cascades, and when the last enemy dies due to High King Irongut’s ability, they must still be ongoing.

@Kafka, I recorded a little snippet of this occurring during today’s Class Trial. Happy to upload it if you think it would help.

1 Like

@Kafka is not available at the moment.

Perfect! Post it here!