Platform, device version and operating system:
iPhone 7 with iOS whatever is current
Screenshot or image:
Don’t have one yet, if I set this up again I’ll get a video.
What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
In a very fiddly situation, combat will end while a ton of actions and animations are still pending. I would expect all of those things to complete, then the game ends. Instead, the game ends and moves on to rewards but keeps playing animations. I have a feeling this is related to several other affix-related bugs.
How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I’ve seen it 3 or 4 times over a couple hundred PvP matches. This is mostly because setting up the scenario is pretty fiddly and takes a bit of luck. I can say if all of the conditions are met, it happens every time.
Steps to make it happen again
- Animation speed is 4x, not sure if it’s important, not changing it to find out.
- Hero must have +8 Flammifer. (In theory, I think +7 will work, but I have +8.)
- The opponent’s team must have 1 troop left. I’ve always seen this in slot 1 with a Bandit summoned by a hero in Slot 1.
- The opponent’s HP must be low enough that Flammifer’s ability will not kill it, but the +7 damage affix will.
- Cast Flammifer and target the sole remaining troop.
- Flammifer does its damage, the troop is in danger.
- The enemy is burned.
- Flammifer does 5 damage, the enemy dies.
- The game slows to 1x at this point. The Victory screen appears.
- The game transitions to the post-combat rewards screen, but the “give 1 mana to all allies” plays in the background. You can also see the sparkles and other effects happening as if the gems (which are no longer visible) are dropping and matching.
Getting to (5) reliably is sort of tough. A dev might be able to reproduce it fairly easy, but as I said in-game it can take me a lot of matches to get into this state. In theory, I think (2) could read “any weapon with a damage-dealing affix”. We have a lot of issues with those.
It implies game state can be modified from multiple independent threads, which is super dangerous. I think the game should let everything finish before it rushes off to the Victory screen.