A New Mythic - Infernus

How did you add Infernus to the team, if you can’t see him in the troop menu?

I spend 1500 Gem keys and 5000 gems and get one Infernus. (Almost 20K worth of gems)
Other spend 50 Gem keys and get him. Something is not right at the slightest. :rofl: (Annoyed smile)

I had already played a few games with him. Then I re checked after what @turintuor said about the screens not linking or something.

But now he’s back like a freaking ninja…

I give up… :dizzy_face::roll_eyes::thinking:

EDIT: Have tracked it down to when the ‘show all’ button is clicked Infernus is removed from the display for some reason. You can see this if you compare the two screenshots.

2 Likes

So I burned 900 glory keys 98 gem keys and 2000 gems on mobile and find out he is not even there… There darn well better be compensation

1 Like

only 50VIP chests omg. never had such luck before!

2 Likes

Is it safe to try and open chests on mobile yet?

I managed to get him on Android, I didn’t check if his art was there or not. I also have the placeholder Euryali.

First impressions are… Underwhelming. Damage isn’t particularly high and unlike ketras, Gard and Pharos there is no easy way to boost it. Exploding 5 gems isn’t enough to do anything other than give a couple of troops a little bit of mana. So he falls into that no man’s land of being not very good at damage and not very good at gem filling.

His mythic trait doesn’t feel very mythic given that burn isn’t of that much use, and the only troops that scale off it don’t work well with him. Perhaps I’d feel differently about his trait if I had Elemaugrim.

Ultimately I would rather take The Dragon Soul out than Infernus. At least when I cast TDS he fills a couple of troops (or at least puts them 1 match away from being filled).

TDS: 16 cost, explodes most of the board, deals up to 80 damage.

Infernus: 22 cost, explodes a quarter of the board, deals 90 damage.

Perhaps infernus should either scale off burn, or do his damage to one troop (although that would make him too similar to ketras I guess).

So far I’ve been having a bit of fun pairing him with gorgotha and forest guardian, and also in a different with Sheggra. Maybe there’s a killer team I’m missing. Hmm back to the team building menu for me!

4 Likes

So far this is what my thoughts are too.

1 Like

Only 4,500 gems :slight_smile:

Sorry @Eika :frowning:

7 Likes

about the same as me then, i used 520 gem keys to get him …

1 Like

good thing you got 3 then!

:smile:

2 Likes

Yeah nothing like busting out my new favourite team:

Mongo
Infernus
Infernus
Infernus

Place Mongo in last place if up against Krakens.

3 Likes

I don’t think I would bother using Infernus unless he’s fully traited and paired up with Elemaugrim. That said I did take him out for a test drive with Rock Troll/Dark Troll/Elemaugrim/Infernus and it worked like a charm, even with the spawn nerf.

2 Likes

The best I can do without Ele is:
Sheggra
Captain Skullbeard
Forest guardian
Infernus

Pretty fun skull damage team, needs Infernus traits and Sheggra needs pyromania. Fast enough that I never get to cast Infernus

Edit: worth noting that as with ranger and Knight coronet, Infernus will hit the same troop twice if there is only one troop left

Edit 2: Sheggra is too squishy to go upfront. My new favourite Infernus team is:

Gorgotha
Giant Spider
Sekhma
Infernus
I use lion banner

Infernus traits are not required, and arguably infernal king fits better. But hey, shiny new toy! Gotta use it!

So how bout it @Saltypatra? Is it safe to open chests?

I demand a key refund @Saltypatra i used 2250glory keys and 979 gems keys and now i found this bug i was puzzled after seeing that it wasn’t showing on broken spire so i look around on troops using the show all button and found some place holder for another mythic

Edit= i reinstalled the game and got Infernus from guild keys so i can confirm its on chest but i dont now if the reinstall did something as the visual bug of the mist of scales still shows.

It is never safe to open chest. This game is so broken as to be unbelievable. At more than level 1050 and tens of thousands of keys only 2 true mythics have ever dropped for me and the last more than 3 months ago. Never have I seen a mythic during a mythic week and now this garbage. The one thing the are good at is alienating there players

4 Likes

Confirmed in chests on Android. 1 from glory 1 from VIP. Yes I have the Visual image bug like those mentioned above.

He is in the chests guys. Sorry, I know that’s not what you want to hear.

6 Likes

Yeah, correct, he is there. The visual bug occurs when you click on show all the card disappears.

2 Likes

Wow both comments are off the mark…i do want to hear he is in chests. And i am sorry you feel alienated @warcin but i dont…

I just want ro be sure that someone who has the “out of date” data got him on android but checked before…

What i mean is i haven’t opened any chests yet because i always check forums first thing in the morning so i checked my troops and i too am seeing euraylai (or however its spelled) and not infernus

I wanna make sure that i can still get him and he will show up if i do

2 Likes