A New Mythic Approaches - Wulfgarok

So your saying this troop shouldn’t have a counter?

Wulfgarok can devour stealthy troops which Maw can’t (unless last target or all stealthy).

3 Likes

Agree that the damage is a bit low for that huge mana cost, but can’t agree on your second point. Impervious is there to counter the devour mechanic, this one shouldn’t bypass that (or deliberately target something else)

I tested it and it seems that this troop is a nice Epic troop (not Legendary because Maw seems more powerful). But not a Mythic one…

For me it’s due to two things:

1. low damage: if he doesn’t Devour this guy does 24 damage for 24 mana. The bonus for Wargare should not make him useless without it.

2. low probability to Devour: my point about Impervious was more about that. He will not become OP if we can choose the Devour target or if the spell avoids Impervious troops.
    And I don’t agree about the counter argument: Impervious is not really a counter because he can’t stop him to Devour. It block Devour to eat one specific troop (ie the owner of the trait). Okay, you can use 4 Impervious troops and so you somewhat “counter” Devour. But I prefer to see Mana drain and Silence as counter.

3. if someone want to put it in front because he can self-boost his attack, he will block 3 colors.

So my suggestion to reslove 1),2) and 3) is to boost damage and make his spell a one-shot one ;-).

agree

can’t do this as we also choose the damage target, and no spell has two choices, and the UI almost certainly can’t cope with it

nope, not necessary or balanced

he currently works much better as a giant front troop beat-stick than as a rear of team damage dealer

I use him out front where his large attack (39 in my team) allow him to quickly bring troops into range of his spell damage.

Me too, until I have to fight them and get pissed off all over again.

Devs really need to fix the drop rate. Why in the hell would I shell out money for gems when we see people repeatedly piss away the equivalent of hundreds of dollars and come up empty handed?

2 Likes

Language, Timothy…

1 Like

@sirrian @nimhain why does Wulfyrock’s Impervious trait flash up when an ally Forest Guardian casts its spell?

Impervious = also immune to Barrier? perhaps

1 Like

Except it isn’t, the Barrier does get applied… rather odd…

True, but just like Stealth greying out your own troops when you cast a buff, there are some odd status and targeting bugs in the system.

Over time, it sounds like some of the ways the development teams needs to work around the Apple rules, means we get some odd implementations of things that seem very straight forward.

The Hearthstone comparisons are bad. It has a very different economy. Yes, it has a pity timer, and yes, you can craft cards, but you also get roughly 5 cards total every 3 days. And it has way more cards than Gems does (The expansions in Standard, alone, account for about as many cards as in Gems; Basic + Standard is roughly 380 cards, which adds another 1.5x the amount that Gems has). You also have to pay $20-$30 every other update if you want those cards, and you have to have those cards if you want to be really competitive.

I’m sure the devs would be happy to include a pity timer and crafting in exchange for giving out a total of 110 gems, max, per week, and converting everyone to a yearly sub of $50.

1 Like

Just the part of of having to buy stuff in HS. You don’t, I am a free player and arena is the place to go to not fall behind. I don’t get all the cards but I always have enough to be highly competitive.

The Arena is a separate game mode. And it’s also engineered to give the average player a poor rate of return. I won’t argue that if you’re a great player, and have a little luck, you can do pretty well just playing Arena, but that’s not the average experience. The average experience is a trickle of resources and a $50 yearly sub, to start. It’s laughably less generous than Gems of War.

I agree it’s much less generous, and I’m not 12 wins arena player. My highest number of wins is 8 (got it 2 times both with paladin). But I avarage out at 4 wins which gives out more value then you pay so it’s nice. And getting 7 or more refunds all the gold and gives you a free pack so that’s even better. But I’m still learning arena, don’t even have 300 wins yet in there.

I could have sworn Arena was 8-wins-and-done…have things changed since I last went in there?

1 Like

think they are discussing Heartstone Arena, not ours.

2 Likes

Oh. Derp. hides back under her rock

4 Likes

You can get 5 cards (1 pack), every single day, just from daily gold, and that’s not even counting quests, arena, or tavern brawl.

No, you can buy the expansions with gold as well.

1 Like

Like I’m doing since I can’t afford to spend money on any games. Can’t make control warrior, but I’m happy that I can make decent amount of decks :slight_smile:
And there’s always priest that can steal all the good cards your opponents bought xD

1 Like