A New Mythic Approaches - Voice of Orpheus

20000 glory, 60vip, 3k glory keys, 5000 seals, and 300 gem keys and zip. I miss my shaking chests. Another month of no mythic

1 Like

:joy: I actually figured that she wouldnā€™t like him at all, given how she thought his Manticore smelled so badly and if he keeps his mount basically like a pet in his room, she wouldnā€™t ever be able to stand being around him.

I keep trying VoO out and he keeps being rubbish (seriously, when heā€™s alone and no one fuels him, he does 24 damage (I think). Doesnā€™t even give himself Mana and is Impervious, so doesnā€™t even need to cleanse himself, ever.), so thereā€™s not much to tell about Voice of Orpheus.:grin: Dude should stick to music and poetry instead of the battlefield.

This discussion clearly evolved into the direction of the really important information.:wink: At least until a dev/mod says something, I guess. But technically, we ARE discussing the news post.

2 Likes

Youā€™re not missing anything with this guy.

Maybe if status effects actually required cleansing maybe heā€™d see some use, but til thenā€¦

Heā€™s stays a poo machine that converts 22 mana into 15 manaā€¦

2 Likes

How does he fare against Faery Fire?

2 Likes

Most underrated post on the forums

7 Likes

He cleanses it obviously, though it is not something Iā€™ve found I need to immediately remove.

1 Like

I thought this is the most underrated postā€¦ :thinking:

4 Likes

I didnā€™t find a Titania-battle in PVP yet, but Iā€™ve been tossing him against Mab left and right. Thing is justā€¦ rest of my team clears usually through the battle so fast itā€™s just not needed.
I put Khorvash/Ragnagord/Ysabelle/Orpheus to try and see. And really, with Ragnagord constantly filling Khorvash up and Ysabelle helping to keep Ragnagord full in case he ever doesnā€™t get back enough from exploding, itā€™s pretty much easy anyway.
Not that VoO is completely useless; I cast him when heā€™s full and someone else is close to full to fill up the Mana and deal some damage, but itā€™s always just picking off enemies with low HP, if possible.
At least he blocks Krakens from eating him. Thatā€™s his main useā€¦ But I can do better with Worldbreaker in his slot, really.

Nah, Crow always calls him that, thereā€™s a lot of posts like that around already.:joy:

3 Likes

Ah - so not a funny auto correct fail then. :wink:

3 Likes

This is kind of dubious. I didnā€™t get him so obviously I canā€™t test, but think it through:

• Heā€™s 1/4 of your troops that can be immune to Faerie Fire, so :+1:
  • 22 mana means you wonā€™t pop it off as a quick response, it has to be pre-charged., so :-1:
  • A CPU Titania will have at least 2 of your troops Faerie Fire per turn so :-1:
  • Glitterclaw AoEs your team with FF at 14 mana, very fast. :-1:

Interesting ability vs. a team thatā€™d normally be weak against mana burn, though. It feels like the loopers get richer, everyone else is kind of scratching their heads.

1 Like

Oh, Mana Burn is not an issue. Mana Burn is something you can survive. Famine, on the other hand, but also Psion, do love your fully charged team very much, though. And loopers donā€™t profit that much since he breaks the loop and gives the enemies a turn to drain/hit you. A looper team is better off with another looper.

1 Like

Ok 8 stars in Leonis,150 more gold per day.

2 Likes

1000 gold
2000 glory
1000 gem
100 VIP
ā€¦ nothingā€¦ :frowning:
Another 200 gem keys and I nabbed her!!

Definitely the most expensive mythic for me in a long while!

Best partā€¦
I got Solā€™Zara!! Completing my collection!!!
:sunglasses:

But then I searched unavailable wanting to see nothing and to my shockā€¦ I am missingā€¦
SHOCKTOPUS!!!

@Saltypatra does this mean the troop is live!?

1 Like

Didnā€™t do bad this time 1800 glory and 200 gem keys then I got him :grinning:

2 Likes

I can only wish, with a heart full of hope, that we will see more funny questlines like the Dragon Clawā€™s one but with our other ā€œtroublemakersā€ allies involved.

Well, got my Voice of Orpheus and Solā€™Zara. Had to use 50 Vip Chests in the end.

6 Likes

Yeah what I mean is intuitively, vs. a Mana Burn team it seems a counter would be ā€œtroops that are either full or empty, with low mana totalsā€ to make it less effective. I think thatā€™s why mana burn can hurt so badly, a lot of the teams we field have 18+ mana when full and the CPU gets a turn when we break our loop. Turns out in GoW the real counter to Mana Burn is just ā€œkeep loopingā€.

I guess the trouble is so far I donā€™t have an effective looping team. Iā€™ve had a string of miserable luck the last few days, it feels like Iā€™ll activate Gorgotha, get nothing, then watch the CPU take 8 turns, repeat. Iā€™m only winning because itā€™s Explore matches.

2 Likes

Mythics arenā€™t in gold chests. And ā€˜herā€™ is a he !

3 Likes

This doesnā€™t stop Ysabelle, does it?

Back to Hot Anime Strummer: perhaps we donā€™t need a Mythic every month, just for the pleasure of Catching Them All. But itā€™s ma pity when a Kingdom or a race is stuck with an useless Mythic.

2 Likes

Ok ok. Good unit, hope to get this one day.
But seriously, who the hell is zuulā€™goth? If some God send one ā€œkeenu Reevesā€ against him, it must be a ā€œlovelyā€ monster. Hope to get quickly some news about himā€¦

1 Like

That was so unnecessary. Sirrian also said that they received positive messages about the UI. Are you calling him a liar too?

Before publicly calling someone a liar, you may want to check your facts. Right on a live stream, she talked about getting a VoO placed in her accounts so she could demo it in the stream. Obviously, her screenshot shows VoO that actually dropped from opening keys.

9 Likes