A New Mythic Approaches - The Worldbreaker

really boring unit. :angry:

I’m loving using him. Got two great teams with him.

1 Like

@Nephilim I forgot to ask, what was your other team build for Worldbreaker? I’m always looking for ideas for filling mana-intensive troops.

Although… It’s Thursday and I haven’t managed to pull Worldbreaker yet, unfortunately, and for your other build I don’t have Yasmine’s Chosen either. :frowning:

2 Likes

Here’s two more
Tds
Dragonguard hero withering touch weapon (life drain and mana steal)
The Worldbreaker
Umberwulf (dark storm from the off)
Dragon claw banner (probably the most fun team in ages but occasionally it’ll kick it’s own arse, lol)

Tds
Venbarak
Twb
Asha
Abyssal banner (two magic link traits)

The first one is immense fun but occasionally backfires and the other is more steady but less dramatic.
I’m not sure if I prefer the bard one myself…

Twb
Yasmine’s chosen
Mercy
Bard hero with orpheus lute
Dragon claw banner

1 Like

I had been running with

Gorgotha
Infernus
Dawnbringer / Bard
Queen Aurora

Swapped Worldbreaker in for Aurora. … problem is Worldbreaker is only used once or twice every 10+ matches, but hey, he’s immune to Krakens.

Now if you really wanted to use Worldbreaker specifically, just shift him to the front of that team.

Alternatively… Azura doesn’t block his colors at all and is a decent exploder. Flame Troll also has complementary colors and makes red for WB, which should also get his trait going. Mercy, of course, also exists.

But what I just realized is that we can swap WB in for the standard Gard team.

Mercy
Alchemist
Hellcat
Gard → Worldbreaker

Sooo testing this out, the transformers will make his trait go through the roof…

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder which is faster against psion/Ragnagord/famine/X, Gard or TWB??

Gorgota
Tds
Psion
WB

Also work well

You could also skip Mercy and just run Hellcat, Alchemist, Gard, Worldbreaker. Loop till both are full, clear 4-matches, cast Gard, cast TWB and game over (assuming you have one of each). TWB’s damage will scale less reliably than Gard’s, but he’s more resilient to devour and AOE attacks.

1 Like

Gard’s still better, pass it on lol. I mean, for standard speed runs and all. Worldbreaker definitely works, and is more resilient to being hit by things, but Gard will two- or three-hit most teams. That, aaaaand… Worldbreaker exploding the board tends to not leave a nice setup for the transformers to reacquire.

1 Like

I ran WB on the end of a Gorg/Infernus/Mercy build for a while. Kinda works when you need something inedible. But found Euryali better and Doomclaw even better there.

I particularly love how Doomclaw consistently Enrages all allies except the first one.

That can happen but if you use umberwulf as in one of my suggested teams, then you often get blobs of purple giving you the extra turn instead. I’ve been blitzing through pvp with it and for the most part it’s very quick and most of all, great fun.
I put him third because Khorvash can’t hit him there and withering touch doesn’t block him.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but for someone with one Gard, the question is: who is the best 4th troop in that line-up (Mercy, Goblin Rocket, Worldbreaker or someone else)? Mercy gives you an occasional kick-start, but a bad board and a hit against Gard cripples you since you have no other damage-dealers. Goblin Rocket is fed by the loopers, gets a guaranteed extra turn, helps to reorganize the board if the loop stalls and does a little damage, but is often superfluous. After trying it for a bit, TWB is borderline irrelevant when everything goes right but provides a valuable secondary damage-dealer when things go wrong, plus a little Kraken insurance. No matter what, this team is extremely vulnerable to freeze.

1 Like

@Jainus try my team let me know what you think about it

Saw that and yeah it should work, though not sure I like Psion in there - the true damage feels out of place. Maybe go Azura for blue?

i use him for the mana drain the rest of the time tds and WB do the job, i was happy to have him and drain famine right before he drain me so that give me a window to cast tds or WB

1 Like

i wonder if there is bayer/monsantos company in divinion field…

when you look closer, one more paw appear from nowhere.
gmo is bad mkay?

1 Like

Who ever said that dragons have the same set of arms than humans?

centory/ dragon… thx cpt obvious i knew already he was not same as human :wink:

While there is nothing wrong with having three arms (though it’s a bit unusual to have a not-even number, I suppose), it’s about the third arm missing in the card picture. Which raises the question if he’s supposed to have three arms or if one of the images is an art error - either he was supposed to have three in both pictures or he was supposed to have two and one of the two left arms is a leftover from a previous art version which didn’t get erased for some reason.

Right. Then it’s a three-fingered arm to spare. So yes, some random mutation going on there…