A New Mythic Approaches - Scorpius

@GREEK-13
Nope, no VIP here.
@Fourdottwoone
That would have been lovely. But it doesn’t really matter to me now.

Where are you getting 10 weeks?

Each day is 20 diamonds, with Sunday being 40. That’s 160 diamonds a week from daily dungeons. At 4000 per mythic, that’s 25 weeks.

If you factor in the 150 you can get each week from guild tasks, It comes down to 12.9. Lastly, if you pay 50 gems on Sunday to get the daily deal with 80 diamonds, you get down to 10.25 (random shards will make up for the 0.25 plus a little more).

So I can see where you got to 10 weeks for a mythic, but It’s a little more than just doing your daily dungeon battles. Not everyone is in a guild that completes level 10 of each task.

2 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot: his other major problem is that his special, Mythic-quality instakill ability is blocked by Sturdy, and Undying, and Fortitude, and Impervious, and prevented by Cleanse. So…yeah. Not so good.

1 Like

Guess I’l once again join the unhappy club. Just blew everything I had been saving for a month, plus a fair amount of extra gems, no Scorpius. It’s disappointments like these that outweigh the good feeling of actually getting a Mythic so much that I’d prefer they had never been introduced. I guess it’s a matter of managing expectations, if there was some official statement that you aren’t supposed to be ble to collect all cards, no matter how hard you try, I wouldn’t feel so bad about it.

I actually just wanted him because he looks badass.
… I’m not playing because I enjoy the game. I play because I enjoy being an asset for my guild.

2 Likes

Is it okay to keep playing even if I’m probably not an asset to my guild?

2 Likes

I mean, you make your own decisions, but that seems like a really strange stance to me. If you’re not enjoying it, your guild is actually better-served by having someone who is. Games aren’t jobs, and you’re not getting a paycheck from GoW.

4 Likes

We all have our reasons. I can imagine there’s a nice bunch of people who do enjoy the game.
… It’s perfectly cool to play that way, but I guess your guild might not be happy about reading that message :smile:

Pulled him off 1k glory chests + 300 guild.

The troop at this moment is mediocre as it best. Maybe one day of random updates (likely to happen with latest devs decisions), then it will be worth it.

Good for the collection, nearly useless in game meta.

1 Like

With a spatula?

I’m in a weird mood today.

2 Likes

Ok a few teams I see mentioned, haven’t tried but them but on first glance I think he is better served out front, where after his cast he can be used to soak up skull damage.

This means that he would need to be powered by Rock Troll/Apoc backed up by a complimentary skull creator and poisoner.

I’m thinking

Scorpius
Rock Troll
Sheggra
Euryali

Scorpius
Desert Troll
Infernal King
Euryali

Will see if a Webspinner works too maybe, to continue the skull threat on poisoned enemies when scorpius dies.

Note: some to the comments around there being a lot of troops being immune to poison, just think are people going to change their defence teams to counter this one troop? Maybe on GW but in general PvP I don’t think so. Current meta of Krakens and the Psion/Famine generally contain zero troops immune to poisons. :grin::+1:t2:

would you really want Scorpius in the first slot against Psion?

(to be fair, I think the insta-kill poison skill is just too slow to be useful)

That was good, weird mood sometimes get the best of us xD

Yes - once he’s cast there is no mana to steal.

Also, I just got a team wipe with him, the same bug that effects Khorvash and Kraken happens if his damage kills the targets the lethal is then applied to the troops above if they are poisoned! Muhahaha.

Knowing this, may open some other teams to build around the other back slot damagers.

But quite a few of them involve Mercy or Apothecary. Cleanse is a common counter to Kraken meta.

I meant the defence teams we face don’t contain a lot of poison immune troops. What players use to counter Krakens won’t effect invading with Scorpius.

I certainly don’t see Mercy a lot and with Euryali to re apply isn’t really an issue.

Maybe things will shake up a bit once we get further into the defence bonus on GW.

Oh, I thought that you meant Scorpius on defense - meaning people do not use poison immune troops for PvP farming.
My bad.

1 Like

No, I agree with you that he is very easy to counter if encountered on someone’s defence team :grin:

I’m also contemplating a War/Abynissia/Scorpius team for a plus 5 to War’s attack per turn haha.

1 Like

That was my idea originally, before my 3 months resources poofed in front of my eyes :sweat_smile:

Only took 50 gem keys ! Best EVER

9 Likes