A New Mythic Approaches - Scorpius

Same here, acquired pretty cheaply :+1:

2 Likes

Scorpius is below par when it comes to the high cost one shot spell. That 3rd trait is where it’s at. Just watched a tacet video and it could prove viable in guild wars.

1 Like

I’ve tried all kinds of things today and the only one I can think of that was successful in any capacity was the honour, gard’s, apothecary and scorpius build tacet put up. Even then it’s not 4 browns and the only useful thing about scorpius is that last trait. He’s just poor but he only cost me 52 gem keys so I’ll shut it.
Oh, and his artwork is too small, it’s ⅓ background!

1.3k glory, 176 gem keys, 75 guild keys and i got 2. No leviathan, but annoyingly no darn LAMPREY!!!

10 vip keys,and I got him,I was due some good luck. I happen to like Scorpious .You have to get his mana up at at 28 mana cost,and poison the last two enemies so he’s not too OP where you’ll see him on every defense team,and it takes some skill ,and luck to use him yourself .

1 Like

850 Glory keys and 250 gem keys, got one. I was pretty luck to pull this Mythic.

1 Like

For me Hippocampus is the elusive troop. Kuotani and Giant Crab are close to Mythic already, but the damn “Sea Ponny” is at 24/50… :neutral_face:

Honor, Poison Máster, Ketras and Scorpius are a shockingly effective team. Like, so much better than I could have predicted.

3 Likes

If you ignore his ridiculous spell, ol scorp ain’t so bad.
I popped him at the bottom of my yellow guild wars team with gorgotha, famine and abynissia above him and although it was a bit slow, it was very effective.
Its also made me re-think my next crafting option. I’m swaying between ketras and Jotnar at the moment.
Edit : however, for a mythic he’s pretty poor. Probably better than that xathenos turd though.

I have an alternate history for Scorpius:
Once upon a time, a lonely arch-lich was wandering along the seashore, mulling over his lot in life. You see, Xathenos was actually a kind soul… a lover, not a fighter. The problem was, no one understood him.
And that’s when it happened: Out of the deep blue sea, rose two stalky eyes, rising just above the surface of the calm ocean. Their gaze locked in eternity, Xathenos was instantly smitten. He must have this beautiful creature! And so it was. They locked in a passionate embrace, and nine months later (or whatever the gestation period is for crabs), out came Scorpius, the most confused Mythic in all of Krystara.

11 Likes

That team sounds very promising. +1 to that.

1 Like

It still annoys me to see how much of the screen his picture takes up, he’s shoved away in the bottom left corner.

Well, I spent all my already diminished resources (2500 glory keys, 400 gem keys, 1200 gems and 30K guild seals worth of guild keys) and didn’t get this one. I guess I found my next crafting target… :frowning:

1 Like

I had success today with Shadow Dragon and Elven Bard.

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

Also, did I get lucky or do the summoning stones have the same mythic exclusivity as normal chests when a new mythic is released :thinking: I know you should be able to get all mythics from summoning stones but I’d like to have confirmation.

14 Likes

Wow super lucky.

This is what’s ended up working for me as well - stick him at the bottom of the stack, pretty much ignore his ability, and use him as a buffbot. Kinda silly, kinda sad…but it works.

2 Likes

Catched him, cool for the collection but this is one of the worst mythic imo, you need
Another troop to help him poison, 28 mana is way too much for something you can do only once in the match. Might be useful if you want to play explore or story mode just for fun but this troop is too slow and easy to counter in pvp

Id be pretty happy if they got rid of the instakill gimmick and cut his mana cost in half (and make it multicast). Its damage isn’t too bad with its stats gain.

1 Like

He’d be way better if they ditched the poison gimmick and once-only, decreased the cost by 4-6, and maybe upped the damage a little. He wouldn’t be as unique, sure, but strong damage to two troops plus Impervious and the mythic trait would be enough to make him pretty useful, and far more than he is now. And he’d be really strong for Brown day in GW.

Definitely a “less is more” situation.