A New Mythic Approaches - Famine

5000 glory keys → 33 legends but no Famine. :cry:

1 Like

50 glory keys and boom! There he is. Luckiest draw I’ve made since I started playing the game.

5 Likes

That’s awesome!

Got one in the third batch of 50 glory chests. :smiley:

Was trying to figure out whether is useful to dump my keys now to get Famine, or if I should save them when the event is over (cos Iam missing War as well). My math is as follows:

Option 1 - try to get Famine now, try to get War later.
If i get Famine now and then try to get War later, there will be 50/50 chance that my second mythic will be Famine as well - therefore getting duplicate… So basically 50% chance of a screw-up.

Option 2 - try to get them both later.
Theres four ways to obtain two Mythics - War, War. War, Famine. Famine, War and lastly Famine, Famine. So theoretically two of those four possibilities are duplicate scenarios. So 50% chance for a screw-up as well.

Anyone can confirm my weird math? That it basically doesnt matter if I spend keys now, or later?

Right now Famine is 100% drop rate if you drop a Mythic. Next week, it’ll be a 50/50 chance for either with a Mythic drop.

It really depends on how much you’re interested in Famine. If you would prefer Famine over War then you should buy now. If you don’t have a preference then you should probably wait on the off chance you drop multiple Mythics. If you prefer War then you should’ve already bought :slight_smile:… and obviously should wait.

1 Like

Imho war is the better of the two. Famine works well but it is hard to pair him with a cleanse to counter Mab.

While their effects are fun, I still think both are quite niche. More mana colors are actually a curse, not a blessing. But I have confidence they’ll find their place into regular rotation (either as we discover new teams or as they’re adjusted by the devs), as they’re supposed to be aspirational as Mythics!

2 Likes

Now that war has been buffed and is at a better place, we need buff to famine. Buff his third trait please devs. Make it hit all stats and not just one random one.

Yeah, I think given that they have 3 colors their skills need to be core to whatever team’s their used in. Neither is quite there, but both seem like they’re designed with that in mind.

Famine’s Mythic trait could definitely be a little more aspirational. It’s pretty underwhelming at high levels.

2 Likes

If/when i get all four i will play them all in a team and see what happens. War first for his attack buff then famine for his stat debuff on the enemy. The order will/might change depending on what each does.

Seems like there should be an arcane stone package for sale during the exclusive first week.

Personally, I would drop a couple bucks to get my brand spanking new mythic all decked out.

2 Likes

@pell

Good luck with that, 21 arcanes needed from a buyable pack containing 6 @$35 USD/pack= $140+tax

If you have the $ feel free to donate to the developers to keep the game running (I’ve always been a supporter of supporting the game being at VIP 10) I just wanted to make aware that next Monday (10 days from now) there will be at least 1 of the traitstones available for glory (likely 2) keep in mind that the arcane stones will cost 300 glory for 1, maybe get 2 of the arcane packs and get the rest with the glory (or more packs if glory is short)

If I don’t have famine by Tuesday I think I’m going to buy a motherload of gems to attempt to get him while he’s exclusive

I feel the same.
Today was not a good day I as couldn’t find famine either with 2500 glory keys nor 3000 gems.
Also on the Tacet’s video : 100 VIP keys =4500 gems. he also didn’t find famine,
Then, he did with end of his 6000+ glory keys.
Some says they found in 50 gems keys set too. SO who knows where…

1 Like

oh, I’m really lucky…:innocent:
open only 50 gems chest and found Famine, so no need to open more…

1 Like

got him by only using 170 glory keys and 15 gem keys probably the only reason i got him was because i didnt care if i got him at all

1 Like

Attempting to play brown gems using both mythics:

Carnex
Hero(Mountain Crusher)
War
Famine

Scored one just now. Not sure how many glory keys, but a few. Now to try him put in a demon team.

Thinking of using terraxis to make Browns, while only blocking yellows. Maybe something like this.

Abhorath
Terraxis
Famine
Daemon Karakoth hero??

I enjoy themed teams. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorcerer class, you are thinking of sorcerer class.

1 Like