A New Mythic Approaches - Famine

I really hope they don’t give us another Ultra-Rare Br/Y troop like they did with Rakshanin. Epic please!

1 Like

Uh…hate to be the bearer of bad news, but…

As above: Yeah, about that…

Yay i wanted a construct summoner and here it is wooot!

You might want to phrase the in game event description like that.
When I read “Exclusive to Glory, Gem & VIP chests for one week only”, i understood it as “This mythic can only be obtained this week through either glory, gems or VIP chests”.

Might be just me though, but as I hadn’t checked the forums beforehand, I was mislead and spent all my gems while I don’t have War either (would prefer Famine over War anyway, but I would have kept my gems if I had known since I’m not that interested in Famine).

Has anyone found an efficient team that incorporates Famine yet? He seems like quite a slow burner.

• His spell requires the enemy team to have mana. That means that even if you charge him quickly via feeders, he isn’t very effective in either the early game (when the enemy has no mana yet) or the late game (when the enemy has 1-2 troops left, and therefore less mana across all of them). It seems like his spell shines in the mid-game only.
  • His third trait requires you to hand over the board to take effect. That reduces the effect of chaining as well.

Essentially, he seems incompatible with a control team. I wonder if it would be better to not feed him, go for other heavy hitters, intentionally lose turns to let his trait tick, and use his spell as a “reset” button whenever it happens to become available…but that seems quite inefficient.

Thoughts?

Is it ok to treat him like TSO?

Daemons

G/G
Gorgotha ***
Webspinner ***
Moloch ***
Famine

Use Webspinner to try and fuel famine.

1 Like

Got a bit of “wasting away” going on there with Moloch and Famine too (assuming you’ve traited Famine)! Looks interesting, I’ll give it a run.

1 Like

Let us know how it works!

I set this up as a Defense Team for the time being, have no idea how it’ll play out but I like the mana lock-down theory of it:

Psion***
Silent One*
Famine**
Moloch***

I wish ToS was fully traited and I plan on getting Famines third trait when the appropriate troop event hits. Siphon can be a sneaky trait on defense, especially if a Gorgotha player allows themselves to get hit :wink:

I also thought about a team using Spring Imp for entanglement, have both attack and spell casting hindered…

Tried it on a couple fights, thanks again for the suggestion. It’s fun, and different to what I usually run :slight_smile:

The trouble I had was that Gorgotha blocks yellow and brown and Webspinner blocks green, so Famine is very hard to power. You have to get a repeated Webspinner chain to slowly trickle mana into Famine.

Moloch’s spell is redundant with Famine’s to a degree, so I tried swapping him out for other troops. Green Seer was an obvious choice to make more green mana, but the team doesn’t provide purple outside of Gorgotha’s nukes, and Gorgotha himself covers yellow. All of the Nature Link troops take green, too, except Nymph, and she’s lackluster.

Going to experiment some more though with other troops that might work in that slot.

This feels like “War” all over again hehe gotta find that right combination…

Ugh. I think they’re doing this deliberately b/c they know how valuable Arcane Mountains are.

You are correct sir!

Knight coronet
Green seer
Alchemist
Famine

Tried a couple times, pretty interesting, tell me what you think!

3 Likes

Really like this one! :slight_smile:

Which one?

Your team. It’s still a bit slower than I’d like, but it’s a good balance between offense and denial.

Great! Yes, it’s nice having that offense, plus a. Little tanking.