A New Mythic Approaches - Fallen Valdis

Dang…it’s a girl with a boy’s name! At least where I come from, Valdis is a proper name for a man.

1 Like

Last month, the lorekeeper featuring megavore wasn’t announced until the following Monday (10th of September)

4 Likes

So what is the verdict? Cool? Or not cool?
imo i think her mana cost is too big to make her useful

2 Likes

Although I have not played with her yet @Rickygervais, she seems unremarkable to me. Weak 3rd trait and mediocre spell for a mythic. Cool artwork and nice to have an undead / mythic, but certainly not OP. Also the silence and doomskulls are of limited value b/c they only target divine.

NowayJoe2go

1 Like

I feel like, compared to the other recent mythics, not that great. Maybe with the right team comp you can have her be useful but her 1st trait, a darkstorm, ruins Bloodhammer’s doomstorm if both are in the same party and she is behind him (Tacet’s video for reference).

Hell, one of the arguable worst mythics, Voice of Orpheus, hard counters Fallen Valdis.

1 Like

Got it in 1950 glory keys, 57 gems keys (opened gems one at a time)

2 Likes

300 glory keys!! I’ve never been that lucky. Looks like I’ll have a massive key/glory hoard for the next Mythic hehe!

2 Likes

Opening gem keys one at a time shows impressive dedication. You only have a 0.1% chance of getting the mythic on a single gem key.

Doesn’t seem particularly strong to me. Fairly weak explosion effect that is conditional, overall will end up being pretty random and inconsequential without a specific team. Situational counter effect. Not a lot of good synergies to be had. Non-threatening damage. Underwhelming, if underrated, mythic trait. Etc.

9 Likes

I only had 285 total, so I figured what the hey. Fight a battle, open 10, repeat. Opening 50 still gives the same chances, just go through the chests quicker.

Situational counter to super-strong and fast Divines - at 24 mana cost with no fast start trait available to help. Versus Infernus and company, post nerf, still likely to get in first. Hmmmm not a great counter.

9 Likes

Not thrilled about spending all my keys plus 15k glory for a mediocre mythic, but at least I have one. Could come in handy for a safe guild wars counter.

Back to saving for the next mythic, which looks nice.

It’s a very weak concept for a Mythic, against a reliable and well-rounded team with heavy sinergy with starting mana, mana generation, damage output and two for one spells.

I don’t even consider Diseasing enemies as a Mythic Trait… If it was Disease all enemies, then maybe, but a random one? It can target an immune one , or even target the same traget twice.

She doesn’t even exploits or gain ANY bonus from diseased enemies, so what’s the point?

If her theme is about plagues and stuff something like simply dealing 5 extra damage for each diseased enemy or dealing true damage instead of regular damage to targets with negative stats would be more fitting…

This design of exploding Doomskull is also somewhat unreliable as many others already said.

2 Likes

Her dark storm trait also screws up Bloodhammer if they are in the same team. Why don’t they move the disease trait to the 1st slot and make the 3rd one a doomstorm every turn similar to Skadi with blue every turn. That way, her 3rd trait and ability would have more oomph at the risk of well… a doomstorm being permanently active.

1 Like

I really don’t want to ever see a permanent doom storm trait. It’s bad enough playing Guild Wars with the semi-permanent doom storm (always falls on enemy turns then vanishes on mine)

Multiplying a small base damage by number of enemies diseased would be fun. 10 damage to all enemies, increased by 1x per diseased opponent. Would also work well with her third trait.

1 Like

Indeed, the same though occurred to me, and I did check.

It’s a few hours later, and now she’s showing up in the “unowned” tab for me.

I guess the takeaway is that I should always wait a few hours, because silly things like time zones / daylight saving differences can often create 1-hour gaps. I know that, and yet I still sometimes I ignore it.

I always wait until i see someone get the mythic in global
Edit: and restart the game after reset

I tried just after reset and spend an amazing amount. After restarting my game later I pulled it with 50 VIP keys. Started with reseting my game, I only saw 5-10 messages in Global of other pulling it before I started.

Nearly 1,500 Gem Keys NADA. Nearly 20,000 Glory Keys NADA, a smidge under 57,000 Guild Seals NADA. Plus some odds and ends like 68ish Guild Keys etc…

50 VIP chest perhaps 30-45 minutes later (2,250 Gems) Yep.

Most expensive mythic I’ve ever seen anyone spend, EVER.

1 Like

I’m hoping someone proves me wrong, but thinking this troop falls between B- and A-.

The damage is bad considering her cost. Exploding 3 Doomskulls pushes the damage into reasonable territory, but you’re going to be angry on the occasions where you don’t have doomskulls to destroy and they’re going to happen far more often than you want. “Silence Divines” is good gravy. But it’s on bad mashed potatoes.

Disease is a very underrated effect, in my opinion. A guildmate reminded me she has that “Disease on 4 or 5 matches” trait and I think that could be very powerful. I’m not sure we have troops that can properly exploit it right now, but we’ve seen what Mab can do so I wouldn’t downplay it.

We fear Divines because it’s so fast. A very explosive early turn can disease enemy Divines and nullify the fast start Ishbaala gives. After their first cast, they get even slower. Worse for them: if you can cast FV’s ability they lose even more time to silence. We all know if you can get ahead of Divines you can manage it. This looks like a good script for getting ahead of Divines.

But to get there, we need some backup plans. A Mercy-like troop making blue or black would be a great start. Mab benefits greatly from the Troll/Nyx combo, maybe that’ll work for Valdis. I suspect it’s not quite fast enough to outpace Divines.

The alternative approach is to avoid mana ramp and try to tank Divines’ first hit. This proves difficult since between Divine Protector, Infernus, and Ubastet the “first hit” is very difficult to tank without the very best in HP boosters like Divinia.

So I’m suspicious this troop just isn’t yet fast enough to be a threat to the meta. If she is fast enough, that team might be more dangerous than Divines. But since she has a pretty nice trait and a half-decent ability, I’m willing to believe some future legendary might just push her into A-rank territory.

Anyway:

I like the art. It takes some restraint to do both “skimpy outfit” and not “50% of the art is breasts”.