A First Impression about Events

Sirrian has said (can’t find a link) that the actual snotstone counts will be adjusted on a week-by-week basis to keep the goals roughly consistent. So the merfolk-fragging week will have rather fewer than 1000 as its final tier.

full sharkmen teams for everyone …

It’s just to outline that this kind of “quest” is just boring/infeasible. In fact, I believed so much that we will have small tasks (like Console version) better than this huge-requirement event that I’m disappointed… Let’s wait for patch 2.3 :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Like everything about the new event concept, except from the highly priced event rewards that we can buy with stone tokens.

Please keep the rewards for anything over 250 meh, so I don’t feel forced to chase that. I don’t normally hit more than roughly a 100 games a week, so anything that “forces” me to suddenly go up just to get a reward I wouldn’t be able to do without…
250 event points should just be doable (and I’ll probably skip this week for it anyhow as it’s half a week).

In that note I would have liked the event to have been adjusted for its duration time.

3 Likes

Well if thats @efh313 he is rather cute. But has very long ears too :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I agree with most stating the effort is too high for the reward in saying that its not that hard as i personally have knocked out over 700 pts in 1.5 days i do like the idea of either a larger reward or easier target numbers like 200/300/500

i actually think giving a bigger farm goal with low reward is cool, after all it is something FREE we did not have before (and freebies need to be limited), its an additional goal out there to do when you have time and feel like it, not something you must do

a slow to reach goal is good to keep a feeling that there is still something to do for the week. unlike the past where reaching tier1 was giving a feeling that there is nothing more to do and you can quit gow untill new week rolls over… did you guys forgot that already?

6 Likes

So true (10 chars)

2 Likes

Maybe this event was adjusted for its duration time!

4 Likes

This was exactly my main concern from the second the patch notes went up. The way the buffs are categorized, either kingdom, troop type, or both, leaves most stuff hit by the bonus still unusably terrible (if they get a single bonus) to patently mediocre (if they get a double, in which case just throw them in front of an already solid team for their ridiculous stats). On top of that, slapping +50% stats on an already decent troop does not make them “meta” at the endgame, but adding even +25% stats to an already “meta” troop… yeah, we are going to be seeing them a lot that week. This is by far the biggest weakness of the system as a whole - and one we will see exploited at some point.

There are also a couple other things that I find silly about the whole system.

The first is that the troops that you are not rewarded in any way for killing the troops that are buffed or mega-buffed unless there happens to be a coincidental overlap. For this week, you are more likely to see boosted Humans teams on PvP defense than undead (notwithstanding altruistic people putting up undead specifically so you can fight them, but the system in no way rewards this), but not only do the boosts not raise their PvP score (which would give you more gold), they contribute nothing to the current “hunting” event. This also follows to Explore - you are in no way incentivized to take on teams that are more likely to have skill bonuses by exploring Darkstone or human heavy kingdoms this week, in fact, you’d just be wasting your time, because you are basically playing on Warlord I-II without getting any extra rewards. Greater challenge (or more time expenditure, as it were) should give greater rewards. Right now it just seems arbitrary.

The second has already been brought up - you are not rewarded enough for the team building side of the event. Twenty souls per battle for using a full team of undead is less effective than other means of gaining souls unless you are below level 50 - even my low level account would not be able to benefit from this, partially because I don’t have the souls to build an entire team of undead to begin with, and partially because two casts of Wight, which I can use on a variety of teams, nets me the same souls without struggling to try and finish the battle. Also, after testing this, I’ve determined the +20 souls is modified by neither necromancy nor difficulty/armor bonuses, making it a fraction of what you are able to gain with any soul generator late game and less than even using a single soul generator super early game. It would be even worse if undead didn’t have a soul generator, but if you are going to use Wight, as early as just having your four magic kingdoms leveled, you are generally better off using a necromancy troop or two than trying to build a full team out of undead. This is coming from the perspective of a level 64 account with a +50% soul armor and no VIP - the bonus, for this week anyway, is way too small.

Hopefully any upcoming traitstone modifier events will not be so anemic, otherwise, we’d get something like “+25% chance of an extra traitstone while using a team of dwarves”, when it would need to be something more like “double traitstones while using a team of daemons” to be considered by a wide variety of people including lower levels and pretty much only “increased traitstones while using a team of mechs” to be considered by endgamers.

7 Likes

Just waiting for the Khetar / Dragons event, eh? :smiling_imp:

Speaking of the snotstone rewards, imagine if the 1000 reward was, say, a dozen VIP keys. At first everybody would like “That is awesome!”, right? Then the reality sinks in that the feel compelled to farm Ghulvania/Khetar 350 times or they would be missing out. It would go from a “here’s a little bonus” to a feeling of obligation to do things above and beyond your normal weekly goals (PVP for trophy/gold, other explores for arcanes you need, etc).

Snag your semi-free 40 gems and 5k gold for 100 stones over the course of the week (5 explores a day should do it), and anything over that is gravy.

10 Likes

I see bone dragon enough that I could probably get 100 Event Gems from just PVP alone…

2 Likes

This may be off the topic a bit, but someone does mention the new arena.

I think with the increased rewards, the new arena is very good for beginning to mid level players, but still lacks attraction to end gamers. One thing to change this is to have a very small chance of allowing players to pick legendary and mythic troops. Basically just change the 3rd pick (ultra rare) to allow epic to mythic troops with percentages similar to gem chest draws (maybe a bit higher). Make the buy-in more expensive (change 1000 gold to 10 gems for instance) so people can not abuse the system, and return the gems when winning 8 fights. Allowing AI to also field troops of the same level (for instance if you pick a mythic for your team, AI should have a mythic in all fights too). Now the gem buy option after finishing 8 fights is actually useful! Just make buying a mythic very expensive, something like 1500 gems.

I think this way will make arena more attractive to players of all levels. (BTW, I think this will also increase shop gem sales because new player may not want to miss a chance to get a mythic).

1 Like

I’m just going to throw this in because my first impression with events was really bad. I won’t be actively participating in them unless they fix the pvp state.

Which they could easily do. And I thought they were planning on doing it when they originally announced the event system about a month ago.

Apparently I misunderstood bc I thought one of the goals of this event system was to freshen up pvp. Hard to do when you’re facing the same annoying opponent.

There needs to be an incentive for changing your defense. And you should be putting out strong teams not cheesy one troop teams so you don’t have to face annoying Mantibore teams.

The only way to get people to change their defense is by rewarding them for doing it.

So here’s this -

I hope someone takes this into consideration.

In short, a permanent defense event should be added

You devour Anointed One’s candy a** for awesome buffs this week. Then you devour the next OP troop next week for awesome buffs. Rinse, repeat.

I’m sort of joking. I see your point, but I think they wanted to shoot for a “new meta” every week. It’ll probably work pretty nice.

1 Like

The thing is that no matter how good some bonus is for some races or kingdoms, if the cards can’t be on par with the most the effective (degenerated) combos out there, then there’s no reason to change your defensive team at all. Imagine how worse it could be if the defensive losses would actually matter something…

Back to the topic: Eight Arcane Dark Traitstones so far, i wasn’t really in the mood to farm those, but with the event i’ve been more than happy about chasing those to finish traiting Death while getting some extras. :slight_smile:

I’m absolutely loving the new events so far. This week’s event with the Snow Guardian is awesome. Still trying to get certain arcane stones, but it’s worth the chase. I was able to put together a decent team with him for offense: Bone Dragon, Snow Sprite, Goblin Rocket, Snow Guardian, all with full traits except the new guy who has only one. With the double stones, I have an incentive to pay more attention to which kingdom I’m attacking–if I can take out a few dragons and win in Zaejin (need green/brown runics) or Karakoth (I’m trying to get arcane death stones), so much the better.

This is also the quickest I’ve reached champion in a while. This team plays way faster than my control team, even though they can’t handle some ultra-tough combos. (They’re still strong against goblins!) I might just stick with these guys a while after the event, although I know the bonuses for the Snow Sprite and Snow Guardian will go away. Depends what next week brings, I guess.

Seriously, I love this feature. It’s exciting and makes each new week feel really special.

1 Like

my impression on the second week of the event: i like it a lot more :smiley:

• sadly i cant find an invade team that would be fun for me this week (maybe its coz i wanna play wulfgarok finally that i traited forest guardian but there is no space for both of them if i take snow guardian in xD )

• the idea to get double traitstones for playing a new troop is just awesome :heartpulse:

• i appreciate dropping event points requirements from 1000 to 500, its great like this i feel i could actually go for it if i had more time and a mood for it at the weekend :laughing:

• as a bonus someone actually pmed me that they liked my defense team that i set for this week with the 4 monster,dragon units so it feels even more pleasant to go along with the event :grinning: thank you man!

3 Likes