A First Impression about Events

Events were a success. We are getting more varied defense teams then ever before in this game. And also we have now more options to build invade teams. Of course some troops will still suck with 25% or 50% bonus, but let’s take a look at Orion for this week. He has 43 attack. 43 attack that can go straight to health. So he went from a troop that no one use to a troop that can be very strong for the event duration. And a lot of feys are very nice cards so 25% buff is sweet.

7 Likes

The change in the Hunt rewards from 1000 to 500 is VERY welcome!
And as I said in my OP, the traitstone feels balanced cause its double rewards for only one troop, I want to see what gold offers and if they adjust souls…

But all in all, I would still call this a success! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve only got 1 double arcane (yellow/yellow) but it’s still nice. And getting double runics is so mmmmm!

2 Likes

I am going to have to play the devil’s advocate here and say I don’t find the update to be all that worthwhile. For me, the only thing it has done is caused me to look for defense teams with the troop type to give me extra rewards. Don’t get me wrong, I truly appreciate the devs adding new content and especially for listening to what we want (the meta breaker), but all it has done for me is trade the trophy chase for the gem chase.

While I agree I am having to spend a bit more on gems than I normally do to get the monters or dragons, I am actually making that back in traitstones with snowman (Since he’s the team I am using to trash monsters) I was howling in laughter as I took down two fully traited bone dragons with Snowballs. The images in my head with that had even my husband giggling behind me as he played warframe listening to me rattle on about how a large boney scary dragon ain’t so scary anymore - take that poofy…

SPLAT with a snowball (that is one huge snowball now btw)

1 Like

True, but Trophies don’t do anything for players directly (and only affect the daily login gold bonus at the end of the day), where as the event points do actually provide rewards.

Being a fairly new player, I really enjoy the point system to reward me with stuff. As for a little bit of constructive criticsm, I wonder why they are only eligible in pvp/exploration (last week) or pvp (this week). I think this event could be the perfect excuse for a newbie to ‘oh, now I can work on undead or dragon quests!’ without feeling like they are losing out. Same with arena. I’m guessing the devs are being a little cautious to avoid exploits.

Good change, though!

Exploration also works this week.

I guess the idea is to shake up what people are using in PVP. As for exploration, possibly to give people who don’t PVP much something to work on.

As for why not quests… honestly not sure. But it could be due to the fact that quests only pull from that specific kingdom, while Explore can occasionally bring other types in as well, so it’s a bit more random, and not a sure thing to get the troops you want to kill.

Ah, yes. I seemed to confuse 2x traitstones with being ‘pvp only’. I can understand that they do not want to have that in exploration as well. I do think arena and quest should also benefit from weekly [type] kill, though.

2 Likes

I was kinda bummed they didn’t have it applied everywhere. It is a PIA to get Arcane and Runic. As it stands one of my pvp yesterday ended up with the ‘This PVP has ended screen’ and I lost an traitstone that was one of those two…

1 Like

Just an interesting stat

of the 72 games with snowman - I have gotten 3 runic traitstone and 1 arcane traitsone pairs.

I would love to see this bumped next time around. I have so many minor/major because it is so freaking hard to get the others.

No arcanes for me this week after earning 300 trophies. So between 100 and 110 matches.

1 Like

Nothing? You playing with Snow Guardian?

Yup:
Gorgotha
Valkyrie
Rowanne
Snow Guardian

Tons of extra minors, a few runics, no arcane no celestials. /shrug Random is random!

1 Like

220 PvP wins so far this event week. 2 Arcane Summers. 4 Celestials. 2 Runic Wind. And 4x more Minor Wind than the next closest Minor stone. So, yay?

i just got 2 x major yellows … about 1,500 now and counting … and that’s probably only half what some people out there have!

How many arcane summers do you have now? I’m scared to look.

120 here, by far the most of any arcanes that I have.

1 Like

Trade you some Summers for my Deaths… I need the Summers :slight_smile: