A Crafting Guide - SPOILERS for crafting!

You need 100 of each jewel to make a celestial, and two celestails to make an arcane (along with some runics). Therefore it would be one half arcane per week per gem bounty (100 jewels per day x6), and one arcane per week per Daily Deal (200 jewels per day x6). Drop rates of arcanes from VIP chests are about 40% for a double arcane. You’ll get far more arcanes from the VIP chests, of course, shotgunned across all types. Again, long term, you are far better off just being patient and getting them in Glory Packs than either of these acquisition methods, followed by explore.

So:
Monday-Saturday daily pack for 150 gems gets you 11 arcanes (your choice) over 11 weeks, while 200+ VIP keys gets you 170+ arcanes (spread across all types, avg about 8 of each type, but more likely clustered with some high and low gains)

Monday-Saturday Gem Bounty gets you 14 arcanes over 28 weeks (again, your choice), while a comperable expendature on VIP keys will get you about 140 arcanes (spread across all types, avg about 6 or 7 of each but more likely clustered with some high and low gains)

Short term, it takes so long to get a usable amount of arcanes that it isn’t worth it. Long term, you get an overwhelming number more arcanes from VIP chests, enough that you’ll incidentally get at least a few of the “ones you want”.

As a player in a position that does not need arcanes and missing three mythics, as I said, buying the daily or gem bounty packs outside does not make sense for me - long term or short term. For others that are missing a mythic that could be a game changer for them, it could make sense, short term. Short term, they could be after a specific one and not care about any others including new ones. Long term, if they don’t care about collecting at all, then the choice of two good mythics is obviously better for you than getting even 4 random, or even 4 new ones if they don’t appeal to you. But that is the choice.

Also note that the numbers shift a bit if you don’t have VIP access. The packs look a lot more favorable when you don’t have to give up half your mythics long term in order to indulge in getting a choice of one you missed. If you don’t have VIP access, it is far more close to a choice between “random with fodder” or “guaranteed without fodder”.

1 Like

I think it comes down to hedging your bets the best you can. Look at it another way, do you pull on VIP chests for a chance of getting the new mythic, or do you spend most of your gems on Diamonds and more or less guarantee you’ll miss the new mythic (and put yourself even further behind if you’re trying to complete a collection)? You’re right, it comes down to personal choice.

My personal “luck ratio” with mythic releases over the last 6 months is 4 out of 6. I missed Queen Aurora and Elemaugrim, but I managed to get QA with an Event key during the Silverglade event in July (and will be chasing Elemaugrim with Event keys next week). Whether I go all-in on gem bounty packs or not, my 2:3 ratio is looking shaky because of just having less resources overall to spend. I count it as a small plus that new mythics are being attached to a kingdom, so at least there’s a shot at getting them with Event keys down the line, but at the same time Event keys from guild tasks got cut by half. I’m not sure how that’s going to work out.

Okay, I wasn’t thinking about just what’s in the deal in terms of the need for celestials. I assume people with VIP Chests are sitting on a few dozen, at least, so I don’t see these as a constraint. I know I don’t have VIP Chests and have a couple dozen lying around with nothing to spend them on. Celestials really aren’t a “key” resource like Arcanes & Mythics are, so it’s easier for me to ignore.

Has anyone calculated how many diamonds it is possible to get in 30 days and how much gems it would cost?

Trying to figure out of it is better to buy all the diamonds and craft the mythic instead of doing a vip pull.

Can you get Mythic troops from summoning stones?

Just got a legendary, King Highforge from one. I was surprised the stones award only Ultra rare or better troops. Got many copies for troops that I’m missing for ascensions. I didn’t think the summoning stones are this good.

Currently on PS4 I can buy two gem packs / day. One 50 gems, another 150 gems. I’m shrinking a lot of gems, but at the same time making ~100 diamonds / day and 8 summoning stones. It’s kinda shame that I wont be using VIP chests that much anymore, but I still kinda like this Soulforge and being able to really aim for a certain troop with 100 % chance of getting that troop.

2 Likes

2400 by month (28 days) for 1400 gems.

Shards are what’s going to be the scarcity here.

There is nothing to break to make shards
You only get them through the dungeon and the daily offerings

I’m not so concern about mythics as I am about celestial stones…

I’m stuck making arcanes because I don’t have enough celestial. I am stuck making celestial because I don’t have enough shards to make colors…

It literally is two weeks to make the next celestial. this is going to go really really slow 181 - Cause I am not getting them out in farming. The last one I got (other than dungeon) - farming in explore or PVP was weeks ago.

Call me crazy but I’m pretty sure that celestial drops have been nerfed.

3 Likes

I thought so and then this morning two - one in PVP and on in chests…

I did a hundred explores in mono kingdoms and got zero, which was unheard of for me previously.

I bought 4 5$ diamond bundles today, got Xath. Traits suck, is he any good on a team?

He has none of the properites that make a troop generally “good” (can’t one shot, isn’t fast, doesn’t have board mod, doesn’t disable, doesn’t AoE, summon is contingent upon being in a favorable position when you are more likely to need it in an unfavorable one). As far as the traits, hes among the few troops in the game that is immune to both devour and deathmark that can raise his own bulk, so maybe as a back tank in Guild Wars versus anything but assassin hero? Hes definitely more appropriate to that slot than Stonehammer, and has enough of a color disparity from the impervious options (which don’t currently work for that anyways).

1 Like

So, you like him because impervious is broken. I guess he might be ok in pvp since he’s a summoner.

He pairs well with Euryali, she gets a boost from X being undead. I plan on giving this team a whirl once I craft him:

Gorgotha
Moloch
Euryali
Xanthos

Got two troops immune to Devour, plus Mol and X can snipe enemies once Euryali does an AoE true dmg burst. Each troop has yellow too so might work in GW.

1 Like

Have you done this yet?

Yep I used it vs Kraken teams on Yellow Day and I won those matchups. I have it as one of my Yellow slots now, though it’s a bit slow and might need tweaking.

1 Like

This question has probably been asked, but I couldn’t find it so will ask again.

Why are Arcane traitstones so expensive? In fact, they are the most expensive traitstone.

All the other traitstones seem pretty reasonable. But the arcanes, which were always fairly easy to get anyway (in the glory packs, though sometimes you had to wait for the one you wanted) just seem out of the blue.

I don’t get it. The runic crafting is great, and the celestial crafting looks pretty good too (though I can’t do it yet.) But you have to be incredibly desperate to craft an arcane. Either that, or have so many extra resources you don’t know what to do with them. Maybe I will appreciate that option when I reach that advanced position of wealth, but at this point I am barely paying bills.

The number of colour combinations makes arcanes the most difficult traitstones to obtain. But since explore was added to the game, farming them has become quite feasable IMO. I find the cost of crafting an arcane in the soulforge way too expensive, mainly due to it costing 2 celestials for 1 Arcane. So I farm or buy my arcanes in explore or in the shop respectively.

1 Like

Here’s where I am in the game - I need arcanes and celestials.

As of today every troop I own has 1 trait or more. (283 are fully traited). I’ve been soul forging Arcanes and picking them up from the daily dungeon + during regular pvp and chests.

However Celestials are getting harder and harder to find and the materials for making those are limited TO only the dungeon & tasks (shards and jewels) + souls. This is going to be the most restrictive of all and the the one thing that I think is too limited. (and they are required for two other forge places - troops and weapons)

I’ve not used a single diamond

With the introduction of Soulforge the demand for Celestials has gone through the roof. To get all the weapons and my own x4 missing Mythics and Xathenos I need to find an extra 95 Celestials.

Farming is the only viable strategy because the cost of Celestials in the Soulforge is (for me) too much. That may change when I have all my Arcanes in the happy zone in about 4 weeks.

1 Like