A Buff to Vault Rewards

Pretty much the same here; I think I’ve gotten maybe 2 vault keys from the countless random gnomes I’ve beaten since they first came out.

I’ve never had a vault key outside of the vault events except from raids/ invasions, but dozens of them during the vault weekends

1 Like

Nice! I hope there’s also an increased chance of Pet Gnomes during the weekend, so that guilds with not that many members and members all over the world have a good chance of getting some pets :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I didn’t get a single key from the last two Gnome Events. :confused: Keys are a lie. Here’s to hoping I will maybe get one or two this time. I still have… two, I think? from Raid, though. At least something. I still have no Vault troop except for Valraven, so I want at least all of them sooner or later. But the last vaults, I only got souls and a bit of gold, so I have hopes for the buff. Thank you for that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just want to say the first guy who will craft zuul gonna be on xbox, i think he is only missing 2 power orbs and he is on a good way to get one this week so he will probably craft zuul next week

6 Likes

Can gnomes be buffed in general?

I had Zuul until mean old Sirrian took him away, and Zuul sucks.

I said craft for real not because of a bug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great buff. But I and my guild believe the 100 souls and 2 minor traitstones are an INSULT. Please consider taking these out.

1 Like

If these get removed from Gnomes, expect fewer Gnomes in the wild. In order to have the current Gnome appearance chance, some minor rewards must be present.

You could ask why Vault Gnomes have to drop the same stuff as wild Gnomes, and that’s a really good question. The answer is “because that is what the devs chose to do”, so we can’t really do much about it except complain.

Would love it if the 2 minor traitstones were at least upgraded to 2 runic traitstones.

Still not something I want, but I remember when I was leveling up, runics were some major bottlenecks.

3 Likes

used all my vault keys a few days ago in an attempt to clear the daily task of “win x battles using three gnomes”

i did not get my third gnome =(

very happy for the change though!

So maybe the rewards should scale up according to player’s lvl…? :thinking:

100 souls or minor traitstones are pathetic on 1000+ (as the other reward in the game, actually)…
Gnomes are rare, vault keys even much more…
So I should fell like cracking Fort Knox, when winning the fight, and not like oh, crap… a minor traitstone… again…

1 Like

The answer is also that Its easier said than done. Its not as simple as flipping a switch. You would have to code in a way for the game to distinguish a wild gnome from a vault gnome and then modify the rewards table from that point. Thats the basic idea anyway.

And, of course, as coding is a pain in the butt, expect some sort of bug when trying to do it, which could lead to more issues. That’s why, with the buff, it was much easier to focus on Cedric, as he only appears in the Vault for rewards. So, modifying his codes is much easier than trying to do the regular Gnomes.

I’m not saying it can’t be done, just that Its more work. And in the devs defense, they’re not Ubisoft or EA. They don’t have 100s of people working on this game, so things take time and such.

So, in short, as a fellow player, I would like to see what you’re talking about be done (a buff to the Vault treasure gnomes). But, as someone who knows a decent amount about game design and the like, I would say be patient. It could be something they’re working on, it just might not be top of the list.

5 Likes

That’s a very good explanation.

1 Like

I agree in principle that an indie dev studio should choose the option that is less work.

I’m just not sure going through the math of (re)balancing Cedric’s rewards was easier than making a new troop called Treasure_Gnome_2, that is identical to the current gnome except it only appears in the Vault, can’t be acquired, and has a slightly different drop table. Since I don’t work with I+2 and the game code, though, I don’t have any way of knowing which of these was actually easier.

1 Like

Just make a vault gnome… done. Gets his own reward table that doesn’t include crap rewards f souls and minor stones.

2 Likes

but i want the epic moustache now :frowning: also what are the rough est. for vault key drops

any idea when this buff is kicking in? hopefully its not late for the event…

They stated that it will be BEFORE the event.