7.2 Sneak Peek with Sirrian!

The general layout and UI looks more neat and organized, thanks.

2 Likes

I see no issue with this, some people cant get all 7 gem dragons or the hoard mimic already. Its not a problem for those that have these things. I dont think the goal is to make anyone happy.

I don’t think, this is so much about gems spent on torches. At this point, gems are a footnote in the calculations; they are aiming for more lanterns.

I had a few guildmates ask me what happened to the Guild Menu in the new UI and ended up putting together a screenshot with labels to better illustrate where things were. It helped out my guild and hope it also helps others here with the same question.

:heart: Anam Cara :heart:

* Magix *

13 Likes

I wonder if Lanterns would work on the Treasure Guardian battles? Perhaps it’s just for flavor or a programming limitation, but the reward comes from a separate chest after the battle.

1 Like

If all events are in the events tabs, why does the Games Menu remain? Treasure Hunt? Vault? Or are these not counted as events?(Not asking you, just posing the question.

1 Like

Looks great!

2 Likes

First of all, a preview video! I’m so happy about that I can’t even tell you! Wish we would have had that for the troop desing disaster. :sweat_smile:

I would have left chat in the left side instead of having the medals there, if only because players are used to find it on the left.

Any chance we could get a switch thingy for glory/souls? Personally, my glory is of a little more interest to me than the souls but I can imagine it’s different for others.

I hope that you’ll also rework the troop card design - the new UI is so clean and doesn’t really fit with the overly cluttered and garish card design.

I know the intent was good but the result was terrible. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Players were used to find the chat on the top a few years ago. I’m kind of happy, it is back there (although the transition period will be just as messy as the last time).

Those are not changes to “WOW! They are great!!” or “WHY?! How awful they could get?”.
Thoser are changes to spend a while to get used. I would preffer glory on HUD, doesn’t matter if it’s for end or new player.
The layout seems to work perfectly… on a PC with a mouse. Other platforms? Where are the videos showing the tests? That would be really helpful specially for mobile users. Don’t know how it will be tidy with a controller, specially the resource menu where we need to go through every item until we get the section header.

Treasure guardians? Great. More troops to be ignored. I know there will be people excited about them and spend even more gems to get them, but for me it will be a last thing to do after everything else (I know it’s an utopia, since they will create content forever).

In the end, I’ll wait to get more opinions.

Embarrassing… Not with the current state of the game etc. I guess that is to be expected :pleading_face::scream::joy:

Depends on the drop rate, I suppose. With how often I run into dead ends even knowing the meager amount of tips the community has gathered on pathfinding, I’m excited to have some bonus rewards and a chance at new troops.

If people want to spend thousands of gems to get them all in the first few weeks, that’s their prerogative, but I doubt the majority of the playerbase is too bothered about it, at least not while situations like the tarot cards in the Vault exist.

This sentiment is common after new updates - that devs are “forcing” players to do more or spend more as new content isn’t added. This simply isn’t true. FOMO may make some very dedicated players feel they need to spend a lot of gems or cash to get the shiny new things ASAP, but that’s driven by their own fear of missing out, not the devs “forcing” anyone to do anything. Granted, FOMO is a psychological tool games want to foster, and that’s a conversation in and of itself, but devs can’t force a person to play the game at all, let alone play a certain style.

These things are added for FOMO and for a time-sink, to keep players coming back to work on their collection, however long it takes them. That’s why kingdom power is unlocked slowly, why not every Mythic is constantly craftable in the Soulforge, why you’re limited to three Delves per day, why Dragonite is so hard to obtain. Players with FOMO spend gems/cash, benefiting the company financially, and non-FOMO players have more of an incentive to keep logging on over the course of weeks, months, or years, benefiting the company’s reach and scope.

TL;DR So long as the drop rates aren’t abysmal, I see no particular issue with this, especially when compared to Vault drops or the Hoard Mimic. Players wanting to get these troops instantly may spend on their own accord.

8 Likes

last 25 sec of that video are bad. if they really try to force underspire play for a minimal pure luck chance on certain troops.

2 Likes

6 hours since the announcement, and the video is still broken.
Some may call this a bad omen for things to come.

1 Like

Well, maybe that’s because it’s 6.30 a.m. in Melbourne, and the sneak peek post was clearly automated (as it was published outside working hours, at around midnight their time). The devs will wake up, come to the office, fix the video. No bad omens.

3 Likes

Development does not handle announcements. No excuse in time shifts this time.

Oh, yeah - I meant top left side, so switched with medals so to speak. But not super important (not at all) for me personally.

It would just align better with where all the chat icons are in the other menus.

'+ 1 Looks great for me as well! :heart_eyes:

@DAeron I think you’re right. The Personal Events are just the Bounty, Faction, Legends Reborn type of events. Other game modes such as Treasure Hunt, Dungeons and Vault are in the Games Menu.

:pushpin: 1st suggestion to consider: Putting a number :1234:on the Guild Events tab reflecting the number of Sigils left to play

It would look a bit like the counter over the Chests.
This way players can easily spot :eyes: that they have Sigils left to use up on the current Guild Event.

:pushpin: 2nd suggestion to consider: Labeling the second event icon as “Guild Event” to clearly distinguish it from the personal event.

In mentoring new players, there are so many things called “Events” and it is easy to forget that new players have information overload. It would be easier for them to understand if it were clearly labeled as a “Guild Event” so they know those are the ones that give rewards to the Guild as a team effort.

Thank you for making all these improvements and for asking for feedback. :sunflower:

:heart: Anam Cara :heart:

13 Likes

Tried three different browsers, and nope.

Try this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes