7.2 Update: UI Feedback

For reference: https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/7-2-sneak-peek-with-sirrian

Image with toggles/sliders marked by the one and only @Taransworld

Overall, I personally see many positives in this change, especially the accessibility of the inventory and other modes/tools from the world map. However, there are a couple things I’d like to see improved.

I have no issue with the slider on the right, but I’m not a huge fan of the bottom toggle, which seems awkward and out of place. I wonder if instead, the bottom row of icons could be scrolled horizontally (perhaps excluding the world map changer).

Additionally, the Hero’s Path or whatever it’s called at the top center of the screen is, to many end-game players, quite irrelevant. Levels aren’t very important past level 1,000 or so, and I know I personally have no use for the exp boost from daily quests. If this button were moved to one of the sliding menus instead of being a large button at the top of the screen, that would assist in decluttering. Otherwise, maybe there could be a button to toggle this icon on or off.

What other feedback do you all have about this layout?

COMMUNITY FEEDBACK:

9 Likes

I am not very found of the two icons with the same label…

2 Likes

Bets are open: How badly will it be broken for players with 4:3 screen ratio this time?

1 Like

Or on mobile device screens with 1500*1000 Pixel.
What about a settings dialog so i as a user can select which options i want (or do not want) to see)
Lets be honest i will never ever use the “look at advertisments for reward” and also as end gamer never use the shrines… can i just hide it?
Have some very distant menu entry to open it (and maybe something to reset to defaults) if i really need but otherwise have a IOS/Android like option to remove that from my “home screen”

3 Likes

btw, while changing UI, how about make the scoll bar wider or anything better. i cant click on it most of the time even using mouse, not talking about finger on mobile screen.

• adding timer for GaP and xp boost during fights (next to storm icon, maybe)
  • 1click trade-in all extra pets
  • can sorting out underworld kingdoms separately in troop page (add a switch between them) so we dont have to find in 70+ names.
  • in soulforge, separate crafted weapons from not enough resource. crafted weapons are not important anymore in soulforge. But we can miss the weekly weapon just a bit not enough resource.
  • increase glory spending from 1000 to 4000 (equal to 200 chests) or even higher cost & higher quality for lower the chest amounts. just speed up the very long time consuming process.
3 Likes

If they call this decluttered… they need to do more. There needs to be way less buttons on the screen. The screen does not need to look like a Monopoly board. It’s a start though.

1. If they’re going to cap chests at 999+… why bother listing a number? I understand not everyone has keys, but for the ones that start to stock up keys, all of that 999 is going to be taken up by Gold Keys. May as well keep the UI cleaner and not list anything.

2. I think almost everything else looks nice right now before 7.2 release, though I worry for PC players that everything is somewhat small. I’d like to see Medals centered again, messages to the right of the medals and Hero’s Path to the left bar.

3. I’d get rid of the event shortcuts on the left. I wish there was a paid offer’s hub so they can shrink Flash Offer/Headstart/Weapon’s Cache/Shrines etc into one area/one button. If anything, isn’t that what the “Shop” is supposed to be for?

4. I’ll settle with Glory currency disappearing if they can remove more buttons, otherwise they should bring back Glory currency on the main UI as it’s something newer players might need to keep track to buy weekly troops.

7 Likes

Birdie: Looking at your screenshot I notice, that I still do not like the minimalistic black/white button design and really miss the original icons. I wish, they’d bring those back one day.
Also even though it has not become a lot more (from what I can see in the picture), it kind of looks overladen. We might be approaching a critical mass of buttons.
On the plus side, the chat button is on top again, where it belongs. :slight_smile:

Where did the guild button go? Or is it hidden in a different menu now?

There are 3 event buttons

Answered here:

Looks like there is a little toggle button that will switch between the guild and a calendar…like there are two sets of icons at the bottom and they can be switched.

1 Like

Going by the screenshot up there, and including stuff like the half double row, the hero portrait and the medal screen, the number of interface elements to various menues increases from 20 to 25.

I guess, the elemental flaw about this is less a visual one, and more the constant issue of content overload.

3 Likes

Consolidated some feedback from a couple threads and put it on the first post of this thread. :smile:

5 Likes

Used screenshots from Tacet’s stream to compare before and after.

Gif comparison (click - too big to load on the forum):

It FEELS more cluttered, not less, at least to me. But we’ll see how it is once we adjust to it.

4 Likes

It looks nicer than I thought, but I’m playing on a TV. I worry about the size/amount of icons on a smaller screen/phone.

I think I like the zoomed out World Map, featuring more Kingdoms.

Feedback largely remains the same.

1. Move Heroes Path to the left
  2. Center the Medals.
  3. Make the Medals bigger.
  4. Move all of the offers into 1 tab or move to the shop
  5. Make the Mail Symbol way bigger. I don’t get why that is smaller than everything else.
  6. Remove 999+ count on the chests. With a total that little, it may as well not be there for aesthetics.
  7. Rearrange currencies so it goes Gold, Souls, Gems. Currently it’s Gems, Gold, Souls. I’m not a fan of the smallest number being on top. If the screen gets cut off up top for any reason, I rather my Gem count be showing and not my Gold count.

I’m not the biggest fan of the Events on the left, but I can live with it.

7 Likes

Still don’t understand why souls is on the main screen…

4 Likes

it might be a new player thing. never enough souls at a low level

3 Likes

The chat symbol up top on the main map is just tiny, and this is on a laptop screen I haven’t even loaded up the new update on my tablet yet.

And the Hero’s Path symbol is huge compared to the medals and chat on either side of it.

5 Likes

All of this, but also bring back Glory.

9 Likes

I’m feeling a liiiittle bit claustrophic here…

The longer you look, the further they close in.
To get you.

3 Likes