7.2 Sneak Peek with Sirrian!

7.2 SNEAK PEEK WITH SIRRIAN!

Hello everyone!

Here is a little sneak peek at what is to come in 7.2, with Sirrian as your guide!

As Sirrian mentions, this has been a work in progress for some time and has gone through a number of changes and tweaks already, but we are excited to hear your feedback on the UI as well as the new Treasure Guardians once 7.2 goes live!

12 Likes

Is the video working for anyone?

3 Likes

I was just about to ask that lol

Here it doesn’t work

I know the game is broken, but do your announcements have to also be broken?

13 Likes

It’s a Gems of War news post, I’m actually surprised they didn’t write “Saltypatra” instead of “Sirrian” and “6.5” instead of “7.2”. :clown_face:

10 Likes

It does work on the facebook page.

1 Like

I am SO pleased with this video even without considering the changes made. A public preview encouraging feedback before the feature is launched? We haven’t seen something like this in ages.

The changes are clearly thought-out and reasoning is given. Like the changes or not (and they will of course take some getting used to), this alone is worth acknowledging and encouraging.

In terms of the features themselves, I like the new UI layout and the treasure guardians are a big plus! Whereas we had been expecting something to throw players off or put better resources behind paywalls in Underspire, this only benefits players.

Bravo, IP2. I’d love to see more like this in the future. It’s always a pleasure hearing from Sirrian himself!

15 Likes

When is update 7.2 coming?

Just to let you know, in the link

the video doesn’t work.

To be able to see it, players have to look it up in the Facebook.

Thanks for the heads up about the 7.2 preview.

As long as the announcement video is broken (something tells me, it will stay this way for a while), would someone who watched the version on external websites give a brief description on what we have to prepare for?
“Interface change” is kind of a scare word to me.

an embrassing rewards from new treasure guardian.
Could dev remove minor traitstone from new content reward and also from gnome? I really hate to get it everytime. Even newbie can farm it from explore 1.

13 Likes

1:40: clicking on the Shrine button clears its notification :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

ahem

“Working as intended. Our team will be available again on monday to give a heads up on your issue. Until then please try to reinstall your browser, video drivers and operating system.”

Did I forget something?

4 Likes

It’s the same sort of problem with deep delves. Treasure gnome rooms are terrible and not worth the time or the cost of 2 sigils. However, it does have the rare reward of getting 1 of the 6 new treasure guardian troops.

What does this mean? After we collect all the treasure guardians, it will probably be a forgotten aspect of under spire. Yet, this will cost us more gems to find all the dead ends. It depends on how many cursed runes and dragonite they can drop and if it is worth the extra gems and time.

I just hope getting the treasure guardians to drop their troop card isn’t as horrible as the hoard mimic nonsense.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I’d imagine it’s one of those situations where getting 5/6 will come smoothly and the last one will take forever, somehow.

I don’t see myself hunting these things intentionally, but when I get a dead end, I’ll pay them a visit until I collect the troops…

Edit: Now that I think about it some more, they could be 10% drops like the Hoard Mimic. Oh boy… All we can do is wait and see I guess.

5 Likes

I like all the new UI changes, I think. I watched the video quickly on my lunch break.

The treasure guardians, eh… I was fine with it until they mentioned they could drop copies of the Treasure Guardian troops. I guess I’ll just consider these to be a set that I won’t complete for a few years.

7.2 aside, I’m still questioning why this stuff is posted to Facebook and not also here. Instead we get linked to Facebook.

If Underspire is the only source of Treasure Guardians you will have a huge number of very unhappy players.

Many players already feel that Underspire requires too many gems and they don’t play it at all or don’t play it often. If there are rewards in the Underspire they can’t get elsewhere, they will not be happy.

The most dedicated completionists will feel compelled to fully explore every dead end, probably taking their Underspire spend from around 1000 gems a week to 2000. Some will not be happy.

Combine that with drop rates like Hoard Mimic and/or massive variance in the number of pulls required to get the set like Dungeon dragons, and everybody will not be happy.

5 Likes

“Please provide your invite code” :wink:

5 Likes

Altogether that update seems like one of the better ones so far. Can’t really tell until it’s available, but I’m rather exited than annoyed.

One thing I’m missing though is: What about the troop visuals? Do they get updated as well? Because some of our players had to quit after the last update and really would like to start playing again. Which isn’t possible with all that flashes and bling all over the place …

4 Likes