6.6 Update: Lost Souls of Carmina

I know you’re probably gone right now, but I’m just sending a little more information.

This first crash is when I try to open the game after initially downloading it from the App Store.

The second crash is when I try to go in again and link my account.

Thanks again (Thank you for the Dragonite compensation too).

We are still around and looking into this. I wanted to have some more infomation that I could share before I posted next.

1 Like

to catch back up on the Download All Assets thing:

1. Yep, only when I try “Download All Assets” from Settings/Graphics.

2. Nope, this is on my existing cloud account. Happens both with the account already linked (after update to 6.6) and after linking the account (after uninstall/reinstall).

Per Kafka’s question: yep, 20G free space on my phone so there is room.

As awryan says this is not game-breaking: can cancel the stuck download and the game appears to play fine after that.

I do worry that the missing asset(s) are going to cause problems at some future time; but they haven’t yet.

I also am seeing the brief red flash of wrongly-colored world map on finishing battles: fairly easy to see when clicking through Explore battle completion. Android 10.

Also a *very" noticable red world map flash on completion of an Adventure Board battle.

No red flash in PvP or Dungeon battles.

Hello adventurers,

We have an update on the the asset download issue. We have narrowed it down to a few possibilities for what is causing the issue. The two most likely culprits are: it could be a problem in the Unity engine directly related to the downloads, or it could be a corrupt file on the servers. We’re going to be gathering more information as the team continues to dig into the issue.

With the thought that the second issue (a corrupt asset) is more likely, we are currently running some asset builds that we hope will help us narrow this down further. As these take quite a few hours to complete, the team is going to sign off for the day (it’s 1am here in Aus), get some sleep, and continue investigations tomorrow (Saturday) morning.

We will be back tomorrow to follow up on this issue.

21 Likes

I’m playing on 6.6

I can not download all Assets after downloading 90% it stopped. I deleted the App and re-download the game again, now it keep crashing before even opening to the game.

Why this continuous struggle every time with your new content. Can you test before release or this is too much to ask.

I posted this in another thread linking it here. It’s the red flash after exit a battle screen. I haven’t seen anywhere it doesn’t happen.

Screw that, I’ve had enough dragon materials now to craft SIX dragons, and instead I have two copies each of three different dragons.

Hello Adventurers,

Just an update on what’s been happening today. Thank you for you patience while we track this down, and thank you to those team members who are spending their weekend helping hunt this bug.

We have been running more tests to try and pinpoint the issue. Unfortunately each new set of tests requires us to make a new set of Android builds, which in turn take a couple of hours each. If it seems like it’s taking a long time to track, that’s the reason. Unfortunately it’s not as simple as just spotting a corrupt file on the servers, as the way assets are bundled into asset packs, and concurrently downloaded by the Unity engine to improve efficiency, means that it’s trickier to spot than you might first think.

While we haven’t uncovered the exact issue yet, we have noted that there seems to be an issue with the map loading/unloading (this may be related to the red flash that players have been experiencing). We are also looking to see if this is related to the asset downloading issue or not.

At the moment, for anyone who wasn’t aware, you can work around this asset download issue - it can be cancelled by the skip button in the top right of the screen, and from what we’ve seen so far it does not affect gameplay. While it’s not ideal, players should be able to continue playing for now while we continue to investigate further.

13 Likes

When it will be available on NS, plz.

6.6 is crashing more often on my Samsung Chromebook than it was on 6.5

As of daily reset on Xbox, when I look at The Lost Souls of Carmina event in the games menu, it now shows as STARTING in 14d 2h. Originally wasn’t is supposed to start October 24th? @Jeto

Updating : It looks like the timer is actually incorrectly formatted. the “days” are actually hours and the “hours” are actually minutes.

2 Likes

It is showing days instead of hours, hours instead of minutes.

1 Like

Thanks @Graeme !

Just noticed it as well and edited my post. :slight_smile:

Meant to say earlier, but: thanks for including a detailed list of bugfixes in the release notes. Much appreciated.

Is there a way to do that on steam or not? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi folks,

Is anyone having issues where they’ve downloaded the game update, v6.6, and literally cannot get into or play the game at all?

You have no option to skip downloading assets, and force closing and re-opening the game doesn’t solve the issue?

Currently we’re aware that on mobile if you try to “download all assets” from the in game settings menu it will freeze, but you can bypass this issue by skipping the download or force closing.

We’re trying to be sure no one is fully locked out of the game no matter what they try as some of the wording in the bug reports is ambiguous, but we haven’t been able to repro this so I’m hoping it’s not actually happening to anyone and we just need clarification.

1 Like

I don’t usually stop and look at the PvP rewards during GaP to trigger the pet, so can’t say if this is 6.6 related or it has always been like this… either way, 1 soul reward from Soul Gnome seems a little overnerfed
:thinking: :sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

You must have been extremely fast to get that nerfed :grin:

1 Like