6.6 Update: Lost Souls of Carmina

We’ve tried redeploying some server files to see if it solves the download issue as part of our troubleshooting for the Android issue.

If you’re having the issue you can also try force closing and re-opening the game to see if the downloads will complete now.

If that doesn’t work, make sure you’re on your wifi then try reinstalling the game and let me know how you go.

Absolutely zero changes.
Tried to download before uninstall

Reinstall stalled out at 929 mb.

Confirmed that after reinstall the exact same thing happens.

1 Like

@Kafka post updated. ↑

So, I cannot chat or retreat during battles.

Fight statistics and retreat are still available, if you press Escape.

1 Like

Thanks, but is not possible to chat, is it?

Just checked, no hotkey for chat. Sounds like a suggestion waiting to be made. Might write one in a few minutes.

1 Like

Sorry, feels like giving you homework.

Hey folks, just letting you kn ow we’re still working on both these issues. It’s after 8pm here but we have at least 5 team members back looking into both the Xbox and the Android issues.

We’ve also contacted the part of the team overseas for when they start work so they can check their end of things.

I’ve made a couple of Known issue articles on our help center:

There is literally nothing more I can personally do at this stage so you’ll have to forgive me as I need to leave for the night.

At this stage I’m unlikely to see the message that it’s fixed before you notice it in game yourselves over in Europe and America, so if I notice more updates I will post again, otherwise you’ll get the info first hand.

@Kafka Just FYI it’s happening on iOS as well.

Download stalls at 60.65MB.
iPhone 11 iOS 15.7
18GB storage space available.
Performing force quit and reinstall did not work.

1 Like

I reported iOS to the team too now.
I can’t repro the issue on my iPhone.

The team are adding more debugging to see what comes up.

I’m actually leaving now :ninja:

1 Like

Hi Adventurers,

Just a couple of questions for us that may help us investigate this issue further on our side.

• Is this issue only happening when trying to download the additional assets?
  • Is this issue only happening on new accounts? Have you gotten it by linking your account without going through the tutorial?

Please scroll up. I already posted 3 videos on what I’m seeing on my Samsung Z Fold 4.

My account is 5+ years old. I’m using a cloud save and then going to asset download under graphics setting. (Additional assets)

Bug is not game breaking. Correct.

Hi.

1. No. It happens on the initial download of all assets.

2. No. I started my a/c May 2016.

The “red flash” is also happening on iOS (this is after completing an adventure board)

Thanks @Nimhain

1 Like

That makes sense. Gems of War can’t be played for more than 5 minutes a day on dev devices.

So you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to troubleshoot it first hand.

1 Like

Looks like the update is finally available on Xbox. I’m downloading it now.

More seizures for the Blood God!

Seizure warning

seizure

3 Likes

Just a quick update, we are still looking into this. We don’t have any more info to share right now.

1 Like

Download All Assets is failing for me, as well.

The download stops at almost exactly 50MB left to go, and never continues. It can be cancelled.

On one Android account, it stopped at 290MB of 330MB.
On the other, it stopped at 940MB of 990MB.
It’s 1088MB on iPadOS. I’m not going to risk it, just to test for you.

I’m on a limited plan, so I really could have used that data for something more useful than a failed download.

In any case, I suspect there’s a particular asset file that’s broken or inaccessible or mis-indexed.

Please build in some better checks for this stuff.

Another Bug

I notice you don’t seem to have fixed the tablet display issues. I still can’t see my Dungeon level or available gems in the Dungeon Shop on my iPad (or any 4:3 aspect ratio).

With so many simple, never-addressed bugs, I’m starting to wonder how close this game is to being shut down…

It’s not a bug. It’s a spooky halloween feature :ghost:

1 Like