6.6 Update: Lost Souls of Carmina

sorry, i didn’t mean it that way.
i was lucky with the pulls. when i got my 5th dragon and first repeat, about that time kafka posted here saying they had planned to make dragon eggs less random.

at that point i decided to hold off on buying any more dragonite until whatever they are going to do is done.
idk if they are going to let ppl choose, or just make it slightly less random. or when.

1 Like

Seems like a really convenient way to convince more people to try PQ3. Make the two similar enough and it’ll feel more “comfortable”.

Still not trying PQ3. xD

3 Likes

Info from Jeto in the response here:

Is there a timeline on the Amazon update, as for now I am locked out , no update no play.

1 Like

thank you, though I posted the old version as reference for anyone curious about the differences since I still had access to it at the time before this current update came in and effectively replaced it indefinitely

1 Like

I know it should be soon but I don’t know how soon, soon is, YET.

We’ll let you all know when we have more info.

Same for Switch.

A member of my guild downloaded 6.6 an hour ago on Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet.

1 Like

@Hawx Would you be so kind to check up on this like you did in the past through your gathered bot data.
@everyone Please report back if you found it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it will be 4-5 weeks after the event ends, I’ve already asked a Dev to check and will update once I hear back from him. The team is just really busy right now with the hotfix.

It would be SO GREAT if instead of “4-5 weeks,” or “2-3 months” or whatever, you just GIVE A DATE when the troop or pet in question will enter the pool, and then FOLLOW THROUGH ideally with automation so there can be no mistake. For years we’ve had troops introduced this way and it is SO PAINFUL every single time with questions, delays, mistakes, miscommunication… please just look at a calendar, mark the date when each troop absolutely will enter the pool, and make it happen! The troop is already in the game. It should not be dependent on some unkown future update or release. There is no risk here. No downside.

18 Likes

This is part of the reason I’m asking a dev, I want to know exactly what the specifics in the code are regarding these Pet releases.

3 Likes

As also beeflog said, this doesn’t only involve pets, also troops…
For the future whoever posts such news/announcements should maybe have them re-read before copy&pasting them from whoever wrote them and posting the text so the players aren’t continuously misinformed about such matters.

5 Likes

but that would be helpful, instead of vaguely helpful

11 Likes

This made me smile like an idiot :joy:

3 Likes

This is incorrect.

Our small guild is enjoying this holiday event judging from the amount of speculation what they are going to buy and that is one of the biggest positive things about it. Something for everyone and the possibility to choose, like going to candy shop while counting coins. Also it’s not time cnsuming and doesn’t feel like a grind like many of the latest additions. It looks good too. If the difficulty levels of battles would also count for something that would be great, but for lower level players the way it is now is optimal. Good work!

13 Likes

Yea, I like this also, you’re spot on. I want to see more events like this. This is much better. :+1:

2 Likes

@Nimhain - Just in case you see this…

While it’s a long shot, in case you’re not aware, you’ve been having a number of different kinds of asset indexing problems ever since introducing the second set of Guardians. More recently (about v6.2?), the boundaries of some composited graphical assets started becoming visible.

I’d personally be checking your entire asset management system. But that is only a guess.

(I’m happy to answer questions, if you don’t know what I’m referring to. @Kafka knows how to reach me.)

4 Likes

We’re aware, just have other priorities currently as this is a visual issue.

We know it doesn’t look nice and it’s definitely something we want to fix though.

Old forum member @Razzagor suggested essentially this very thing quite a while ago. Wonder what they’d think about its inclusion now.

Would also be nice to know if IP2 noted it down when suggested and only just now implemented when brainstorming what new events they’d like to see, or otherwise took inspiration from it, and if so were able to give Razzagor some credit/thanks.

Edit: found the (or at least a relevant) post. Looking back on it, and subsequent responses, it’s probably a kind of event or feature that’s popped up in several places/other games…

Anyway, just interesting to think that ideas suggested ages ago by the community, but not noticed or taken up, could later be implemented and be reasonably popular or successful…

Not that every idea suggested by everyone in the community is great, or even good, but there have probably been quite a few decent, passed over suggestions over the years (particularly including usability, interface, etc.).

8 Likes