6.0 Update - Into The Rift

Actually, that is how GW works.

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000340936

You can also see the community test it here, by blinddog

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/data-collection-for-guild-wars/65629/22

2 Likes

I know how GW works and what counts as a turn. You misunderstood my post.

does insta-kill like thief or assassin class skill count as turn or reduce the maximum score? (it felt like that but i cant be sure)

Sorry, had to sleep, and then also work.

If you take the lower level (11) battle, your next two options will be 12 for the lower, and then something like 13-15 for the higher battle.

If you select the lower level (12) battle again, your next lowest battle would be 13, with the higher option +1 to +X accordingly, with each +1 level giving +5 Miles (for the higher level battle option).

If instead you chose the higher level 13-15 battle, your lowest option for the next round would start at that higher bound, so 14-16 depending.

• E.g. if it was level 14, then your next lower option would be 15. So it ratchets up when you select the higher levels, and that includes the boss battles.

I havenā€™t played through, so I donā€™t know how annoying or difficult or time consuming the harder battles get ā€“ but for lower levelled players/newbies at least, Iā€™d definitely recommend sticking with the lower option, unless the higher gave dramatically more Miles for a comparatively small increase, e.g. if the lower option gave a reduced amount due to bonus resources or similar (is that a thing?).

Hope that makes sense?

1 Like

I canā€™t help it, feeling of the journey being just boring, repeating itself and I only played it for an hour or soā€¦ It looked so much more interesting on paperā€¦ I was hoping for something very different from the other eventsā€¦ The Journey should be, wellā€¦ a journey, some twists and murky surprises orā€¦ somethingā€¦

5 Likes

May I ask, what did you expect?

I think Journey is comparatively exciting.

Thereā€™s a pretty large range of teams to fight; many of which had actual thought put into them by the devs!
Your team composition matters. Playing more efficiently matters.
Difficulty increases fairly linearly instead of suddenly dropping from level 500 to level 10.

My criticisms with the event would be that taking away a slot from the player is pretty meh and that the definition of ā€˜turnā€™ really shouldnā€™t include 4 or 5 matches. Finding matches shouldnā€™t be punished, itā€™s at the very heart of the game.

13 Likes

Pros for me:

• Excellent rewards catering to mid- and late-game players, suggesting that kingdom 20 will no longer be a pipe dream in the not-too-distant future,
  • Rational scoring system that promotes efficiency.
  • Rate at which difficulty increases is controllable and gradual.

Early-game players will likely struggle with the later fights given their lack of access to particularly useful troops or weapons.

8 Likes

I hate journeys. Only good thing is the rewards. Not going to waste my time describing why I hate it and how it could be improved because thereā€™s 0 chance they will change anything at this point and they donā€™t listen to feedback anyway. God forbid they hire an actual player of the game to help them design new game modes.

5 Likes

Maybe expect is the wrong word, dreaming might be better. There could have been a weapon that can be upgraded with some epic things awarded from some battles, or punishment for some troop dying for some amount of times, the troop could be revived at camps or whatnot, it could cost some miles and before the camp you would need to change your team build. The attribute bonuses are a little rare, but that is a matter of taste. Maybe more paths to choose. Iā€™m still confused about what counts as turn, I have Gobtruffle in my teamā€¦ More guild cooperation would have been great, ā€œOh someone just slayed a mighty dragon on his journeyā€ and it rewards all the guildies. Just dreams mostlyā€¦

2 Likes

I find Journey okay in general, but there are two letdown moments:

Lost miles subtracted from base value. Yay! for mentioning this in Journey game guide, but you might have done better - big red block letters instead of a note as this is one of the most important pieces of information and, unfortunately, highlights misleading technicalities.
While one might argue that ā€œlost miles are capped at 10ā€ is technically correct, what it means in real life is:

• up to 10 miles below max possible score without Pathfinder on your team
  • up to 20 miles below max possible score with epic Pathfinder on your team
  • up to 25 miles below max possible score with legendary Pathfinder on your team
  • up to 30 miles below max possible score with mythic Pathfinder on your team

Second - and most serious - scoring debacle!
Itā€™s obvious that turn definition in help article is not the same as turn definition used for score calculating section of code.
When I read ā€œturn is both sides taking their actionsā€, I think - thatā€™s a very reasonable approach; I could even go along with ā€œturn is one side taking their actionsā€ - not as good as both sides, but acceptable.

What we have now, however, is the worst possible scenario. It might work in Guild Wars where stats are, generally, comparable and so it makes some kind of sense to include every action in score deduction, but it makes no sense in scaling context where enemies keep growing bigger. Not only is player now heavily out-statted, but the turn interpretation makes sure (can we say - absolutely sure?) that player will also suffer score reduction after a certain progression point X, regardless of how efficient they are (save, perhaps, only for insta-kill strategy that is extremely improbable).

I liked how you handled recent issues with missing warcoins and kingdom pass gem button, but Journey scoring matter washes it all awayā€¦one can only hope that for the next event a turn will actually be a turn as defined now.

21 Likes

Did we have an answer about Steam achievement ā€œ20000 milesā€, if we have to do it in a single Journey event, or if it can be stacked ?

2 Likes

Iā€™m worried about this achievement too. If it really refers to a single event, most players just wonā€™t be able to get it.
Please, give us some clarification.

2 Likes

Lets go on the assumption that the beta testers told them about the turn issue. I think we all can agree they do find a lot of these problems before release.

Then lets ask ourselves why they are never addressed before release. The copout ā€œtimeā€ is old and useless.

Then ask why too many of you come on here and say you want change then go buy Naturas star for $10 and that other weapon in the weekly shop for $5. Is your fix and your obsessive addiction to maxing everything helping change?

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Yeah we vote with our wallets as long as they make enough to profit I do not see how they would make change because that has the potential for losses though if their revenue stream were to dip drastically I also doubt that would lead to them hiring more coders or devote more time to play testing likely the money has already been spent. The people buying everything do so regardless of the major bugs that they are well aware of those of us that choose not to pay because of these issues probably wonā€™t effect change. Only a top down change of direction would really do anything and so I really donā€™t forsee a way we as a community can do much atm :frowning:

The ā€œNormalā€ meaning that the Nexus Mythic will be in Event Chests December 1st to the 3rd correct? @Kafka

Itā€™s release is on December 3rd, if at all the new mythic will be in event chests from 12/3-12/5.
But I wouldnā€™t hold my breath on that until a dev replies here with concrete plans to implement this. And by that Iā€™m saying prior to the weekend in question.

When is the option for buying kingdom pass levels coming back?

Technically it does label each match as a turnā€¦itā€™s tight there in the phrase extra turnā€¦if you made another 4/5 match againā€¦extra turnā€¦itā€™s lousy lousy messaging but in this game turn means moveā€¦each moveā€¦horrible wording Iā€™ll give you that but in in the example I give above both 4/5 match prompts a extra turn messageā€¦meaning you took your turn made a 4/5 match take an extra TURNā€¦one match equals one turn. Still confusing a.f.

Umbral Nexus is shown as next weekā€™s faction for the Weekend. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s the faction for Nexusā€¦ But why is it coming before the other missing Factions? There are still a few right? I need to hurry with my kingdom levels if itā€™s trueā€¦