6.0 Update - Into The Rift

Can anyone report on the difference in difficulty increase between the easier and harder options (pretty please)?

2 Likes

Q: How much will Royal Pass cost?
A: $8

Q: Can you actually get more than 5 Crowns/Day?
A: ? Anyone ?

Q: How many gems to max Hawthorn?
A: 30 + 70 + 150 + 250 + 350 = 850 gems

Q: Does weapon have to be green?
A: Yes

2 Likes

30 + 70 (1) + 150 + 250(5) + 350(5) + 500(5) = 1350 (16)

Oh you need 16. Haven’t had my coffee yet, thanks

1 Like

My guild mate reports it took 2 hours to get the full 10 crowns

2 Likes

36 fights for the first 5. 177 in total for all 10 crowns for me.

5 Likes

I decided to do my own dirty with work and test on an alt.

Levels increase by +1 of the option you choose, basically.

The harder option seems to be worth +5 miles per extra level over the easier one.

Fighting the harder boss battle also jumps your difficulty/battle level up a bit, based on the +1 system.

Pick your poison!

3 Likes

I wonder if Journey turn-counting is working as intended. Right now it appears that extra turns count as turns, so there’s no way to defeat higher level battles without taking the full (or nearly the full) turn penalty. I’ve defeated enemies without them getting an attack, and I still take a penalty.

Counting extra turns as the same turn gives us a way to strategize around the penalty. I don’t see how to do that with the way turns are counted now.

3 Likes

So I have a battle at level 11 and a battle at level 12. My next battles, per your description, would be what exactly? Somewhere in the 22-26 range? What about the battles after that?

According to the official guide: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407586251535-Journey-Events

“A “turn” is all action completed in your move and then your enemies move, before you take your move again.”

If this is not the case, it should be reported as a bug.

3 Likes

3rd bug already

Game crash when casting Hawthorn
Disabling Kingdom Pass “Buy Level with Gems” Button

1 Like

Waiting for it:

If you get an extra turn the opponent team flinches, which qualifies as enemy move. As this is working as intended we won’t reduce the Journey reward thresholds to compensate for lower scores.

2 Likes

or more likely that they will just change the support article and gaslight us that it was ever any other way…

4 Likes

oh, i really thought extra turns count like in GW, so maybe no bug here? :man_shrugging:
but that is not what devs posted as @beeflog already posted

Stupid if extra turn counts against you. So you get more points for easy battles than hard battles. That is just plain F stupid. If you are los rank player it’s likely even worse.

2 Likes

I was very skeptical when I read the devs explanation of a “turn” because that is not how GW works. Anyone confirm getting a 4-5 match counts as a turn?

2 Likes

100 Vault keys in:
The Moon x 2
The Devil x 1
The Sun x 1

Don’t need any of them, but The Star… bloody depressing.

One more Cedric and I swear I will crush my bloody laptop screen, one hard fist and get done with it.

Things works as intended, check the box about ‘frustrate the players’.

2 Likes

It looks like it, yeah. Easy to count with a gobtruffle team. Under 10 moves including extra turns gives full points, over 10 gives reduced points - sometimes up to the max penalty at high levels.

1 Like

Well that sucks but not a surprise.

Another question for devs, why don’t stats I gain from journey get shared with the guild? That would’ve been nice. You know, seeing as how it’s a guild event. Oh well.

1 Like