6.0 Update - Into The Rift

The achievement for Journey is to “Earn 20,000 Miles in a Journey event”
The achievements are historically fairly easy to complete, 50 towers in invasion, 500 damage to raid boss.
So we’ll see some 500k+ miles earned I reckon. The small miles being lost for turns/troops lost will be a way to break up the leaderboard only.

1 Like

Update released on PlayStation now,

2 Likes

Due to the longer review process in Playstation will the Playstation players will get the gift for the 4th day, too?
We are not able to earn the 50 gems reward.

2 Likes

Some I like some not so much.

Kingdom event looks interesting, the fact it is paywalled casts a shade over it.
Stop spreading lies, the kingdom battle crusher will have a hard cap at 5 just like flesh horror had it at 2. No need for this “decreasing chance with each battle” nonsense.

The journey event is a total crap! It is a pimped up bounty event with a troop which has a totally useless trait outside the event, and you will have to ascend it since the event will have a guild “co op” part. So to get the guild level rewards you have to reach a certain amount of “miles” as a guild and that will require more effort from everybody. At least bounty is a personal event and if I don’t want to spend resources on a shitty troop I don’t have to do it.

On the tarot troops, this is the real p2w part of the game. The tarot cards are very weak but they are needed for crafting another troops. Getting them from the vault is almost impossible, so we can say either you pay or forget them.

2 Likes

That’s probably a reflection of a lack of confidence in their own competency level these days.

If they give us a detailed description of how something will work in advance, it locks them into one intention of how it should work. Then when it is found not to work that way it becomes a bug that they need address.

If they wait to see how things work in practice after release, without stating anything prior to that, then everything comes out working as intended (as long as it’s within reason).

7 Likes

Since campaign is $10 for 10 weeks, kingdom pass will cost at max $5 for 5 weeks right? Preferably $1 or $2

Hopefully chances decreasing after 5 doesn’t translate to players unanimously reported a hard cap of 5 in practice, because that would make levels 36-50 unattainable without spending gems

The first Journey presumably will be an elemental green restriction (based on the Pathfinder’s spell). I assume hero will be eligible despite being non-elemental, but will the weapon have to be green?

How many gems will it cost to fully ascend the Parhfinder? Hopefully it’s not more than Bounty (1110). It would be nice to know beforehand so I can set aside the gems this week

The Tarot problem could be improved by removing fully ascended troops from the Cedric drop table the way Guardians are removed from guild chests

6 Likes

I dislike bounty. That and arena are my worst 2 modes in game. Boring as F. I skip both. Hopefully the new stuff is nothing like that nonsense!!!

1 Like

What kind of irks me, those Pathfinder troops will be the first troops that only have two traits for all practical purposes. The Pathfinder trait only works during the Journey the troop is released for, it’s deactivated on all subsequent Journeys. Godslayer and Siegebreaker troops at least get their week of usefulness about twice a year.

7 Likes

They should replace it with something after the event, like they did with Wyrmrun traits.

That’d actually be cool.

More work, but two traits is sad — why design two-trait troops intentionally? Bad design.

But if it was intentional so that troops could be reconfigured in batches during subsequent updates? Good design (assuming the reconfig didn’t bork anything — no NEW MECHANIC traits, stick with what works!)

6 Likes

Manual trait replacement, after each event? I can’t see that happening, it’s extra work, and they wouldn’t remember doing it anyway. What could have been done:

• Make the Pathfinder trait an intrinsic ability of the troop to not consume a slot, similar to how Tyri raises the treasure map limit.
  • Make the Pathfinder trait add something else on top that doesn’t get disabled after the event, e.g. 10% bonus gold/souls from battles.
10 Likes

Maybe so, but there’s an upside for them too.

If Godslayers, Siegebreakers, Journeymen lost their trait after the event, they could re-run that exact same event 9 months later AND require people to buy a minimum tier from the shop to be able to participate in the event.

I’d be okay with that.

It would also make re-runs more challenging. Right now, Raids and Invasions are an absolute snorefest.

1 Like

@Kafka

Yes, what about guild chests?

1 Like

What does the Epic Quest Giver troop do?

(gives Epic Quests I guess, but what’s an Epic Quest?)

2 Likes

I think this might be whatever the troop is that takes one through the questline, like Rowanne, Luthor, et al :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Anyone know roughly how many battles would be required for 20,000 miles? Anyone reached 20k yet?

Playstation Rank 1: 16000 miles in 148 fights.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s gunna be a few Tier 7’s required then?

It does feel like this Journey is a bit overtuned.

People saying it will take 30x tier 5 purchases to complete.

It does sound like Journey will be a rare event maybe, and the rewards are different so maybe valued higher.

Also ingame the miles don’t scale up, if anything you get to the harder fights and your points go down as it takes too long to kill the enemies.

Would have been nice to see the stat bonuses be guild wide as well.

1 Like

Around 6k miles per member is enough for getting all the rewards.
If not for the achievement, is there any reason to make more ?(other than Hawthorn ascension)

Does ist mean you have to reach the 20k miles in one single journey event or are the miles cumulative over several journeys? I think you need nearly 200 fights to get the achievment, this is only doable in one single event if you buy the extra xpensive tier 7 slots several times… :roll_eyes:

1 Like