5.5 Update (Patch Notes)

OR count on players to log daily to do campaign tasks, so that they could display more offers

Salty mentioned somewhere that time-gated tasks are to “encourage daily login”

1 Like

THIRTY dungeon battles takes TEN DAYS. There is NO way around it except to reroll. That is the exact definition of being time gated.

Okay so I need to read a bit more before yelling, that was beta. IF anything like that is in live … sheesh.

I’m saying that the re-rolled tasks shouldn’t be tasks that are time gated the way Dungeons are, to clarify.

If that is not the case please let me know. We wanted to offer re-rolls to avoid the above issue, and to give players more flexibility.

3 Likes

So they can still be time-gated, but not with such ridiculous numbers? :slight_smile: (so 6 battles instead of 30)

Dungeons are reliant on days at times, as they are limited. Fighting 200 brown troops, or completing a number of explore runs, can be done immediately without a wait for another day or replenishing resource, like Dungeon attempts. While it may take more physical play time to do the new task, there shouldn’t be a gate that means you cannot complete it through normal play for a period of days or resets.

Once again, if that isn’t the case and some tasks that don’t adhere to this are found, please let me know.

3 Likes

Extending physical play time of only some tasks, and not all of them, will lead to the same frustration as with time-gated tasks. If your intention is to force players to login daily, them make all the tasks longer and get rid of time-gated ones. Unless of course, you mean that only the re-rolled task will be longer.

Oh, so to clarify it: ABs and Dungeons shouldn’t show up as re-rolled tasks, but any tasks that will show up, might require more gameplay to finish them than doing 2/3 day AB/Dungeons. Same probably goes for Delve tasks, as these require daily sigils and anything greater than 3, is basicaly time-gating…

Ok, I get it. Its a nice tradeoff → wait 1/2 days or get a tasks which will require 30-60 minutes of gameplay (or more, depeding on player), but can be done in single day.

Seems ok.

I prefer players to have a choice between 2 given options, instead of forcing them into one of them.

5 Likes

Does it mean that re-rolling only those time-gated tasks will result in getting those longer ones? Or all of the re-rolls will be longer? If it is the former, then it is fine, I suppose. Provided that they require, as you said 30-60 minutes to complete.

May want to include >3 Delves on that list, since the reroll caps are seemingly higher than original tasks.

Also: gotta wonder what’s the max Treasure Hunts that a reroll can result in…
:thinking: :sweat_smile: :relaxed:

1 Like

It’s there all the time.

Neither.

Can’t say how long it can take to do f.e. 6 wins in Arena vs killing 20-30 blue troops.
I’m just saying that it’s improvement because players can now do a trade-off:
Completing a task that I dislike (for various reasons: time gated, including mode you don’t like etc.) or gambling to get another task, which might result in requring more gameplay to fulfill.

Is is a bad thing? Not for me. I prefer to have a choice over not having any (ofc spending gems is still a valid option for both scenarios, and rerolling doesn’t cost you a thing…)

4 Likes

Where? That’s was just MY assumption of time required based on what i’ve seen in this topic and what I got after rerolling few tasks…
below 30 is probably where I should be able to do any of these tasks
60 is probably an average for a mid-game player

1 Like

Images or information found on the beta has not been officially released. And should be treated as like anything from the Spoiler category. As in subject to change.

If a player runs into a reroll where they get Adventure Board or Dungeons on the live server. By all means grab your pitchforks.

But until if/when that happens… please be mindful that the beta server exists solely for testing reasons. And from my personal experience on the beta. Just because a dev doesn’t acknowledge “the issue” on the beta. Does not mean they don’t see it and work to resolve it.

7 Likes

or just write a Bug report…

I think it’s obvious there’s a rogue dev out there intentionally bugging lycan to keep it out of the game as much as possible.

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

12 Likes

Dont worry about rerolling and finding time gated tasks. Both here and in the dev q&a @Saltypatra has said the new rerolled task may take longer to do but won’t be time gated. On the q&a, they said if you do see thr new task is time gated, then report it, as that isn’t intentional.

Note rerolls are free and unlimited per campaign. Sure, it’s limited to one per task, but every task can be rerolled. It makes sense to put some sort of cost to it, like a longer grind.

2 Likes

My statement was made based on pitchforks already being grabbed before the tasks ACTUALLY appeared on the live server.

Context. :person_shrugging:

Pretty much this, just quoting for emphasis so people will see that this is one of the best quality of life changes in a long, long time, as long as it’s not bugged upon release (and as long as the promised fixes, if so, are swift — :crossed_fingers:).

I mean, I’m pretty excited at the prospect of never having to do certain tasks again, and I might even be the type of person to reroll Explore runs (take a long time) or “use this banner” tasks (just because it’s annoying to alter my teams and remember to alter them back), or any number of tasks that aren’t really the worst but that are (and always have been) annoying (here’s looking at you, spend two event keys).

That being said…

…I now really hope rerolling a time-gated dungeon can’t roll me a “Ha, Ha, now have fun spending 10 Event Keys instead” sort of task :flushed:

7 Likes

I’ve just got a team set up for these. Its called “Campaign is Lame”. And it will never not be named thusly. Sure I have to change it once a week but I don’t have to deal with modifying the other ones.

Now what would be good is if we had two or three times as many team slots so we wouldn’t even have to ask about stuff like that. But nooooo.

3 Likes

Ish should be in the second position. Your gem spawner isn’t reliable enough to actually be counted on for Mana generation.
Your call if you want to Mana block EK or not.

… its not important. You’re not wrong its just not the point even slightly

1 Like