5.5 Update (Patch Notes)

You had one task and you failed again. You changed the doomed weapons, but…
Why did you nerfed the crossbow?
Why the doomed blade lost the “ice” upgrade which creates a blue storm? Now it is the only doomed weapon which do not creates a storm of its’ own color.

We asked you to fix 2 weapons, you fixed one (doomed club), nerfed one (crossbow), half-fixed one (doomed blade), wasted time on one (cauldron).
FYI nobody ever uses the life giving doomed weapons, never saw them in pvp or any builds.

5 Likes

Seems like something was lost during translation:
VS.

Probably it was translated by somebody who got only the texts and has no idea about the game.

1 Like

When you have to do 1-5 explores those are “runs” (5-6 battles each).
I haven’t seen these new task but I would say these require “battles”, so 1 run will give you 5-6 points for the task.

There is good in this update, but it’s completely overshadowed by the Lycanthropy bug. Where is the QA? Do devs not do their own testing?

A bug can’t “reappear” if it was never fixed. The bug just remains.

Apparently I was was successful at being annoying enough when I kept stressing Death Mark is NOT relevant to the Lycanthrophy bug. I was annoying enough that someone else noticed what I was doing. :heart:

Last time I mentioned it was during a stream. @Saltypatra reassured me that Lycanthropy + Death Mark also triggered the board to freeze; it’s two different issues. And yet Lycanthropy on hero still causes the board to freeze… :woman_facepalming: Has anyone tried Lycanthropy + Death Mark to see if that combo doesn’t result in the board freezing at least?

Here is a bug report where Death Mark isn’t mentioned at all, the comments remind the devs Death Mark isn’t relevant, and yet the bug report is tagged “fixed in 5.5”. [FIXED IN 5.5] Lycanthropy is buggy :woman_facepalming:

I also submitted a ticket asking for gems back after I lost a sigil in a faction assault courtesy of Magnus. I included a video. There was no Death Mark. @Kafka, you responded to that ticket, did you ignore the video? I’ll post it here again. Sorry for the bad quality, I had to lower the quality and cut out most of the video. Still, you can see, no Death Mark.

May-12-2021 08-55-40

After I triggered this bug, because I lost gems, I stopped spending money on the game. I later was compensated (thanks!), but was hesistant to spend money on a game that kept having issue after issue. Figured I’d wait for a good update. When 5.5 was showed off, it seemed like the one. Lots of non monetization items here, QoL improvements, yessssss. …But apparently, still, there’s obviously no testing. I wouldn’t accept this level of issues from my own QA and devs. My wallet stays closed.

14 Likes

Prior to 5.5, every Explore battle from the campaign spoke in runs. So when someone said it was runs not battles. (despite what the task said.) They were given benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for the clarification. 24 battles can be as little as 4 runs. Completely different story than what was reported previously.

2 Likes

Who came up with this white decreasing-rectangle animation that now plays whenever you click on any tabs?
Annoying as toothache.

EDIT.
It’s fine on mobile because my finger covers most of the view, but on PC - another thing that requires learning to ignore (looking at you, green exclamation mark - you’re finally invisible).

5 Likes

Further evidence of what is in their ‘priority list’, that takes precedence over the ever-increasing backlog of unfixed QA shortcomings.
:man_facepalming: :relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

10 Likes

Why not just bring good old Luther to the screen to confirm you have pressed the button :thinking:

4 Likes

Crazy rerolled tasks like this were discovered quickly in the Beta, reported, and ignored. Here’s a fun one from Beta; I’m not sure if time-gated tasks like this were prevented from happening in the live version. Definitely keep an eye out.

32 Likes

Am I missing something or did this update not really add in anything new or really anything at all? A few doom skulls will do a bit of extra damage and explode a couple of extra gems, task rerolls just give another old task and a few weapons upgrades do something slightly different.

I thought this game was supposed to be doing really well. Where are the actual big updates like pets, tower of doom, crafting, explore rework, etc. In almost a year all that has really been added with updates is kingdoms can now be level 20, higher level enemies in vault battles, hero replaced with an epic troop in arena and a few minor changes.

9 Likes

Now this is a REAL campaign task, that would require 10 days to complete. Wouldn’t mind, if all were similiar, BUT only-if they could all be done simultaneously

Am I missing something? What is the problem? 28 battles is not a huge amount.
Or is it about the difficulty of doing level 10 explores in a bronze task?
Pics with no explanation are the most helpful.

Pretty much this.
It’s been like this for like 1,5 years now (or longer?) really a shame for a live online game.

There is no actual new content.

• More troops is not new content, it only dilutes the chest pools which is becoming a real issue imo, especially for newer players that’s why I stopped suggesting to play the game when you are totally new or not far into the game yet. (and don’t tell me you have to throw so many new, and often useless, troops at us so kingdom power can be upgraded, you could simply change the requirements for that to something else).
  • Reworking stuff, like Arena, is not new content. (The last rework of Explore was a huge improvement though, but that was long ago)
  • Campaigns are not new content they only lead you to do other existing content, including those one does not like to play, as well as adding even more troops (see above)
  • Adding a new mechanic like a buff/debuff could be seen as new content if it would be not something everyone dislikes.
  • Adding a new trait mechanic is not new content. In addition “banding traits” are just worse than older similar traits, especially as 2nd or 3rd trait.
  • Balance changes (some I appreciate others not but that is fine) are needed and good and should be done more often but they are not new content.
  • New factions are new content but just one more in a long line of very similar content along with them getting pretty annoying and besides the hard gem sink, they are too time consuming and many of them are actually no fun to play (ofc ‘fun’ is subjective, I know ppl enjoying it but also many who don’t).
  • World Events: even though they are different every week, it does not feel like new content, in fact the constant change of the scoring systems is annoying ppl more than it does any good.
  • The upcoming new gem types could be interesting depending on how it’s done and works.

Additionally, more and more often it feels like that troops, factions, events etc created do not get tested, at least not enough. Feels like it gets only tested for working in general but not for all circumstances, game modes etc and sometimes not even that.

Have nice day everyone :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Just another example of fundamentally not understanding the problem, or having it being perverted by whatever game of telephone the people in charge of actually making things happen now receive their information, as the problem was described in both simple terms (just fix Club and Blade) and to extreme, excruciating detail, more times than I care to count. Doomed Cauldron was not even on the radar for this being a significant issue, but when you somehow get the notion that “every Doomed weapon that creates a gem” is the problem (and not, as was pointed out multiple times just the Club and Blade, for the reasons stated over and over and over) what ends up happening is what seems like an attempt to be a “scalpel” fix (because it doesn’t affect any non doomed weapons that create a gem, so this certainly isn’t a “broad solution”) into yet another blunt instrument that somehow only has to cause collateral damage on the way in. At least, in this instance, it actually hit the targets it was aiming for as well, which is a plus.

I can express my disappointment, but honestly is anybody surprised at this point?

Also, obligatory “Lycanthropy does not serve the role of a debuff in nearly all practical situations where it is in play and should not be considered as one”.

18 Likes

Jumping in to say a few things.

• This update will have more functionality down the line as we introduce more gems. We have the ability to add in a lot more now for special events, etc, and there will be more in future than just the Uber Doomskulls that are presently available.

• The ability to re-roll will give you a task that takes longer to complete, but is different. By longer I mean play time, not a task that is time gated. This is to offer players flexibility with their tasks and avoid instances where several competing tasks are time blocked, stopping progress.

• If you encounter bugs please post bug reports and I will pass them on every Monday and Friday as I have been doing for quite some time.

• I can’t speak further on the Lycanthropy bug at this time, as when I was testing on our staging servers it looked to be fixed. I’m not sure what has happened here and the team are investigating.

6 Likes

Also wanted to add as a further update, the team are currently making builds with a fix for Lycanthropy. However, it will need to go out with a bigger update, so we will do our best to get the builds approved across our platforms without needing to wait until 5.6.

1 Like

I know you can’t add more, so just leaving feedback: although testing on staging servers is a good thing, testing once live is as well. This is something that shouldve been found immediately by the devs, not by the community.

Not saying you should do that testing Salty and not faulting you here. Just saying someone forgot to do a final test against prod.

Anyway, it is good to hear the staging server has the bug fixed!

3 Likes

I’ll ask it again. Seriously, why not just get rid of those multi-day tasks?

It’s a typical time gate meant to annoy. They count on spending gems to cancel it. Then buy more gems with real money. That’s it.

Considering their focus on microtransactions and not a real new content, it will get only worse (e.g. complete 30 dungeons?!). And it has been. The rumor of devs getting a piece of sales would explain the change of direction.

1 Like