5.5 Update (Patch Notes)

Not underworld kingdom, the whole of the next campaign actually.

Is it 28 full runs, or 28 battles? I donā€™t speak Germanā€¦ :frowning:

28 full explore runs.

1 Like

Yes, maybe 150 Battles :crazy_face:

Now thatā€™s definately ā€˜easierā€™ and ā€˜more affordableā€™ than what it was beforeā€¦ BUT at least itā€™s not time-gated task :wink:

4 Likes

Probably a bug, itā€™s the last week of the campaign, those should be 28 level 10 explore runs. :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

Didnā€™t see it mentioned but, as of the latest update, the gems now look like a throwback to the mid 90ā€™s (even the Windows 95 UI was cleaner than these things are, which says a lot!).

Any chance we can get them back to their nice crisp shininess please?

/Edit

Forgot to mention, running a One X (connected to a 58" 4K TV or Iā€™d probably not have noticed as much)

1 Like

Yes, I have also noticed that. The drop in image quality is visible.
I created a comparison, the left part - gems before 5.5, the right part - after 5.5 (PC/Steam, maximum quality in both cases)

Could we get our image quality back?

13 Likes

My honest opinion of the past 2 streams and the live content is that the people behind this game have no thoughts whatsoever on playing the actual game. Itā€™s clear that the additions will make some game modes much more difficult, thatā€™s all they are doing folks, making it harder to play the game.

A further concern is with the gating off stuff behind a paywall, even then itā€™s screwing you over, as has been pointed out. The kingdom helper task is just madness, it canā€™t help at all, besides the cost of it, why does it not offer say 1 random deed, or 50 writs even.

A secondary concern is there is no information (still) that helps you properly as a player with campaign data.

Did anyone know that Leonis tower required the parts it does prior to it landing in SF? Did anyone when paying for the pass know this, did anyone not paying etc? Why does everything have to be a secret, and then so ineptly delivered? Game breaking, no proper bench testing, not giving the beta testers the tools to test? Then the veil of secrecy, then the bugs and errors.

There seems to be a real load of confusion with the pass and the troops and then thereā€™s what you need to do with them. I think the decision to gate the tarot cards in the vault is a particularly obtuse decision. The drop rate should be increased at least.

We have also many times explained the doomed weapon update/affix issue, even with a bulletpoint list of the troops and an image of a spreadsheet explaining the issue, yet after the last patch we were asked to clarify (yet again) in a single post. I didnā€™t bother, apathy in the form of ā€˜Willy the Anchorā€™ set inā€¦ but we sent this direct before many times.

I noticed a flashing rectangular block when moving on roster and seals in the guild menu which froze the menus for 2-3 secondsā€¦ hope that wonā€™t cause more crashing.

I recently paid for campaign passes as the twists and loops that we see today were deliberately made almost insurmountable. If the elite + gets further gated troop related content; then Iā€™m pretty sure it will be the worst decision they ever make.

19 Likes

Glad Iā€™m not the only one then. I thought my TV was broken lol this game looks awful currently and Iā€™m on a Series X.

1 Like

Round 2!!! In English now :grinning:
It took me 4 rerolls to get 2 of this crazy results - how cant this be revealed in the most simple software testing before release?
(ok i fear i know the answer, but i dont like it, so unbelievableā€¦)
At least it only costs 50 gems to kill this bug - for one time!

6 Likes

Rerolls shouldnā€™t give a worse task thoughā€¦

Otherwiseā€¦wā€¦tā€¦fā€¦ Was the point?

If the devs were a Doctorā€¦

ā€œGood news is we cured your cancer. Bad news is we gave you HIV instead.ā€

7 Likes

Bob the Barbarian :laughing: :laughing: Sorry, please continueā€¦

Iā€™m really looking forward to these new heroic gems, especially the Lycanthropy. I honestly like that it doesnā€™t trigger a death and that it allows you to use your fully traited gold elite beasts without reducing your stats in any way.

I say this without having really experienced it in all its potential, I canā€™t wait for the next campaign to start.

Please donā€™t assume that every player is against this. Complaints are always louder than compliments.

2 Likes

Fiiiiixedā€¦

Its only an easy target because they make it easy.

3 Likes

www.twitch.tv/videos/1010368145?t=0h22m40s

Explains Ozballā€™s dumbfounded reaction when Salty mentions rerolling a task is going to result in a ā€˜slightlyā€™ more difficult task

22m40s in case it doesnā€™t link correctly

Just a heads up, displays the following here :wink: (no linky);

" player.twitch.tv refused to connect."

1 Like

Waiting for:

• Complete 30 Treasure Hunt with 300+ moves.
  • Play 100 vault battles.
  • Complete all Adventure Board tasks on 200 days.

I guess they should name the feature retrolling instead. :smirk:

5 Likes

I rerolled the adventure board silver task to this one and was actually quite happy, not sure whatā€™s the reason for all the complaints? It just took me maybe 12 minutes to complete 24 e12 battles (not runs)

8 Likes

In english its run vs battle?
Have to check the german version next time, so its a new kind or did we ever had battles, just remember runs?

2 Likes