5.0 Update

I hope you’re right, but we had them in the old system they are reviving and devs might see this as not a problem but a gem sink to help keep the economy in check. You know like it’s your own fault for having all troops upgraded, just like we get penalized in PvP for having too many stats.

I hope that once the devs get a few $$$ tossed at them from campaigns that we’ll hear some super positive awesome news on some incredibly fun future developments.

:crossed_fingers:

I will be doing all campaign tasks but will not buy the elite pass until close to the end since I don’t know if I’ll still be playing this game in 10 weeks.

When you pile on guild wars + world event + campaign tasks + weekend event that is going to add some serious strain on high bracket GW guilds. God help us if the weekend event is a new delve

I’m in a bracket 1-2 guild and this update could have devastating consequences. It’s already hard to find recruits for high bracket guild wars. I’m out of breath just thinking about it.

I seriously hope the devs reconsider having world events during GW weeks.

1 Like

It took ages to get a quite useful mythic troop (Zuul) and now completionists are freaking out because there are going to miss lame weapons for 33 weeks (33 in the best case)? :thinking:

2 Likes

I think the part that will annoy me is being incentivised to leave Dungeons, Adventure Boards, and other daily tasks (Wednesday Pet Rescue, Delves, etc.) until the end of the day, just in case the next task that pops up is for one of those things (and if they’ve already been completed for the day, you’ll have to wait until the next to make progress).

Dungeons are generally one of the first things I do, in case I don’t get time to do it later, so this might cause some weird playstyles and having it in the back of my head isn’t something I look forward to.

6 Likes

They’re not implementing things that VIP players want, either. At least not this VIP player. They’re simply implementing more things for people to buy and providing a heavy dose of FOMO to push as many people as possible to do so.

F2P players are the backbone of a F2P game. They don’t provide the income, but they provide a lot of the content. Think guild recruiting is hard now? Remove F2P players from the equation.

Whales/more frequent spenders don’t need to be convinced to buy battlepasses Elite passes. They were already going to. Locking troops, pets, etc. behind these is targeted directly at light spenders and F2P.

This is the second consecutive update that has been mostly focused on monetization. As a VIP player I find that distasteful. Money is important, yes, but games are supposed to be about gameplay. Gems of War has been losing its way in that regard for a while now - they’re just becoming far more blatant about it.

Because I do not believe in rewarding predatory practices with my money, I will not be buying these battlepasses Elite passes. I’m not sure yet if this is the beginning of the end of my time in Gems of War, because it is requiring me to again face my “must collect all the things” inner demon and tell it to shut up, but knowing that I’ll be waiting who-knows-how-long to craft the new Mythic troop, and the fact that we still haven’t been told if the cosmetic pet will join the rotation or remain paid-only leaves a very, very bitter taste in my mouth.

It’s not about the cost. $10 a quarter is well within my gaming budget. It’s about principles, and predatory monetization practices go squarely against mine. Based on the fact that the OP has 5 upvotes (as of the time of this writing) and there is one critique post with 44 upvotes and another with 39, I’m not alone.

28 Likes

I don’t even need a witty comment, this update is enough of a joke.

giphy (1)

15 Likes

I’ll have you covered on this. :grinning:

I’m confused. Won’t the new campaign dailys start at the same time as current dailys (reset)? No point holding off doing daily delves/dungeons etc. because you can do them every day???

I dont have so much problems with this update.
Yes it is disappointing for such auch major version, i just hope the money they definitely get this way, let us get some real gameplay updates in the future… :pray:
At least they didnt ruined gems or made it real p2w.

But one question:
Is really anyone (besides the devs) interessted in this lore thing? Maybe they think this is the great 5.0 add…
The whole gems world is so pell-mell ruined, no place or need for real stories.

I appreciate the lore. It’s not the only reason I play, but it adds a bit of extra flavor when I see it. Kind of like how there is a canonical story to Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri (and now I have lost everyone under the age of 30), but you have to play very close attention to the flavor text to figure it out.

9 Likes

well, technically i think you can do all 16 x10 tasks the last week and still get it.

they should do that

I suppose it’s not a huge, huge roadblock, but it’s kind of like, imagine your three tasks at the start of the day are (Gold) Win 50 PvP matches, (Silver) Match 200 Skulls, (Bronze) Win 5 Battles using the Warlord Class. I can’t remember exact Tasks.

So you start your day, and you think, “Oh hey, I may as well start using Warlord for the easy Dungeon and Adventure Board battles.” So you clear the Dungeon, and then 2 more AB battles, and you click ‘Collect’ on your completed Bronze Task to get your stars and reveal the next Task.

Lo and behold, it’s ‘Win 3 Dungeon Battles’, and you think, “Shit, I just did those, now I have to wait until tomorrow to keep finishing these Tasks? If only I’d left my Dungeons until the end of the day, just in case.”

11 Likes

release a deadly pandemic that requires a shutdown and then have things reopen too soon?

1 Like

because the very fate of the world depends on it.

The campaign tasks are released weekly - 16 tasks every week. And you only see 3 at a time. To see the next task, you have to complete one.

@Saltypatra Any chance we could get the list of campaign tasks for the week as part of the weekly event post? Would help all of us plan our game week better :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Look at these rewards, then look at what we are going to get! Don’t know what to say anymore.

1 Like

Ref. Campaign Rewards

It wouldn’t be the first time they preview/release Awful changes, so that they can claim ‘generously listening to player feedback’ when they upgrade them to Slightly Awful changes.
:thinking: :vulcan_salute:

12 Likes

Taransworld is scanning the game files for changes to data that isn’t being used yet. This isn’t “company issued information”, this is like reading an early script of the next Star Wars movie, obtained by sifting through the trash of the author team.

“Hey, if I wipe the salsa dip off this doodle of Darth Vader and squint a little it looks like he’s actually a Teletubby. Crossover event confirmed, watch me sue their asses off if they dare to change anything after this official announcement!”

1 Like