5.0 Update

FYI, the beginner kingdom weapon pack bundles are $10 if you haven’t finished the kingdom yet.

Presumably their flash-offered versions would still be $5?

Not much else to say that hasn’t been said with the information we had already from the previews. See you all Monday to examine the actual (hopefully significantly buffed since previewed but who am I kidding probably not) rewards the campaign releases with, I guess.

8 Likes

You can craft them in the soulforge so their presence in unowned makes sense…

2 Likes

Yeah, I can craft 1 per week there. So for 30+ weeks the rest are unobtainable.

They are obtainable if you haven’t completed the kingdom questline yet. By purchasing them for $10.

It is still technically possible to have all kingdoms unlocked and none of them finished, and thus all of these weapons would be available right now… for $330. It is also technically possible to start a new account this week and obtain all these weapons without forging any of them by the end of the week, ie., before the next one is available in soulforge, thus they are all available right now… for $330 and a lot of effort. Edit: To my knowledge, there is no way to flag an unowned collection item as not visible by account status, it either is or it isn’t. Since the are all available right now, it would stand to reason that they’d be visible.

2 Likes

The rip-off xball pet on xbox is available to purchase yet doesn’t show in unowned. May as well throw that in there now too.

One of the joys of being a collector (at least for me) is knowing I have all troops and weapons and pets with nothing showing in unowned. That’s over now for 30 or so weeks.

5 Likes

Wait… They aren’t all in the forge immediately?
The one great addition from 5.0 (new weapons) implemented poorly.
Makes total sense that a brand new player can have them all but older players can’t. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s still counted as “Unowned”.
It is on PC/mobile at least.

They were mostly very small issues that weren’t reported on the forum at all, I think the most prominent ones were:

• The map for World Events in the Underworld was black if you hadn’t unlocked the Underworld yet, now the map will show up correctly in World Events even if you haven’t unlocked the Underworld.

• Weapon Filters from World Events should no longer carry over to other game modes and the Troops Menu

• Delve UI ‘remaining runs’ number no longer moves over token image

I know we have some outstanding more important bugs to fix but unfortunately they didn’t make it into 5.0 due to time constraints and complexity of some of the issues. I’ve raised the ones I consider most pressing to the team again to make sure they’re shining bright on the radar.

13 Likes

Guildmate or not, next time if you don’t spoiler such horrible pictures…

4 Likes

Android is the last to get the patch.
First client to approve the patch (maybe steam beat it) but last one to get it. Makes sense. Lol

So when will 5.0 make it to the Switch? Since it didn’t get 4.9… or will it ever??

@captain_video the Switch 5.0 update isn’t far away but it won’t be today. We’ll make a separate announcement for Switch when the patch goes out for it :slight_smile:

Kind of a big deal, but we expected it fixed.

1 Like

Just curious how long I need to keep waiting for the ability to use multiple maps

TH gets an update towards end of year.

But Id say, never

I hate to a be a downer, because goodness knows this forum has enough negativity. However, I do feel like I am allowed to express genuine disappointment.

4.9 was bad enough; I’m not sure I can think of a game I’ve played which calls a slight shop revamp an “update.” As someone who doesn’t pay much real money in GoW, the 4.9 “update” affected me zero. It was literally just changing some things in the shop, which, while probably something that needed to be done, did not deserve the “update” title and should have been done in a minor patch. Why 4.9 took as long as it did is beyond me.

That being said, I’m not the target audience of 4.9. I get that. Maybe I’m just not appreciating how much they tweaked in the shop. 5.0 will be better, right? It’s a major update, after all.

5.0 has added dull daily tasks in addition to the dull daily tasks we already have, which were revamped not that long ago. Supposing the rewards in the free pass stay the same (I don’t expect them to change much from what we’ve seen), the new campaigns are literally not worth doing unless you’re desperate for a few extra stat points (high Delves and high bracket GW), as stated by @Zehnpai . The rewards previewed in the live stream for the free pass are laughable at best. Adding trivial rewards for things you could already do is hardly an update. So why is this considered a major update?

In my opinion, it’s because the meat of this update is in the money. 4.9 was about the money, and 5.0 is arguably more so about the money, giving f2p players next to nothing in a major update, while adding Mythics, pets, titles, portraits, Delve treasure, tokens, and more, plus additional stat buffs for paying players. This update is almost purely for monetization, adding no new features, just tiny rewards for doing old features, urging players to spend money for the juicy stuff.

I’m just disappointed is all. The Devs will not change anything, as 5.0 released today. It’s to their benefit to put minimal effort into updates while increasing monetization (as we’ve seen with the additions/tweaks regarding ads, the shop, and campaigns). I still love this game and will continue to play it. I’m just sad to see the direction it’s going, and I hope the Devs have better stuff up their sleeves for the future.

45 Likes

While I personally dont think this should have been the 5.0 update, I was hoping for things like PvP rework included.

But covid happened and slowed down a lot of development, so it would not shock me if they had other things planned but were unable to do them due to time constraints.

As for it being a large update, I do agree, just not a major 1. It changes the entire guild weekly event rotation, and adds in more world events. When World Events were added to start with, it was a large update as well, and it follows along there.

As to the content, have to wait and see what happens next week imo.

3 Likes

I seem to remember that Sirrian was proudly anticipating a great change to GoW with the 5.0 update in one or more of dev Q&A streams?

Things have changed since then.

11 Likes

I did too.

This is my opinion as well. Campaigns are a skeleton to enable the battlepass Elite pass system, and offering new kingdom weapons for $10 a pop to new players comes across as rather greedy.

When are we going to see an update that’s purely about gameplay/QOL/player-focus instead of an update about giving us more stuff to buy or revamping the “shop experience”?

16 Likes