4.9 Update

I’ll throw my two cents in, since everyone else is.

I got the 3xPet Daily Offer today. I like that one, since the whole pet system is pretty terrible (pet drop is RNG, the pet you get is RNG, and you can only get like 1-5 pets from the event). So 150 gems for 3 guaranteed is actually a steal.

However, I don’t see myself buying any of these other offers. Much better off saving gems for events and getting the other stuff (orbs, shards, ingots, etc) by just continuing playing like normal.

As for the real money stuff - it was nice to read that it’s changed so you will get a Legendary or Mythic you actually need instead of a dupe, these packs are still too high in price for me. As I’m missing 8 kingdom Mythics + 1 of the Apoc ones, I’m just going to ride it out as I have been and use Diamonds to get them. Interested to see how much the “Expert” and “Master” Adventurer’s packs are, but I assume they will be more of the same.

Somehow I’ve reached VIP 11 over the years, but I cannot bring myself to spend anymore on this. There are other considerations I have to make now and it’s pretty terrible they are already forcing us to spend about $140 CAD to get 2 Adana pets (Steam+Android).

4 Likes

Pets are 1-6 iirc. I personally had 6 drop from a pet rescue before.

You get nine baskets and one guaranteed pet from the eight reward tiers in a weekly pet event (I assume the random ones are the same, but can’t confirm right now). Each basket could theoretically drop one pet, unless there is code in place I’ve never heard about. So from what I understand to be true, you could get as few as 1 pet or as many as 10. (And yeah, I’ve had six pets drop before. That was wild.)

3 Likes

This needs hot fixed immediately. The blinking exclamation point EVERY TIME I LOGIN will ensure I login less often.

8 Likes

Simps gonna simp

2 Likes

Nobody forces you to buy the offers. Some are good, some are not so good. And you earn gems just by playing. Where is the problem?

1 Like

Since pets came out, I dont think I have ever heard of anyone getting more than 6, and even just 6 is rare to happen, so I wouldnt be shocked if there was a cap in place on how many pets are possible from the 8 pet battles.

My mother got 8 one time. We couldn’t believe it—hasn’t happened to either of us since.

But I did get 5 Hell Puppies yesterday. That’s enough to make my day in Gems of War :blush:

2 Likes

Updates that bring fresh air and news. This I expect from an update from a gigabit. A little puzzled

The daily deals are a good idea but need to be tweaked to make them more useful on the whole (removing ingots altogether for anyone with more than a month of play time would be a good start).
Ads suck but have become an accepted part of the business model for these types of games, however most other games reward players with small amounts of premium currency to watch them and don’t have them on 8 hour cool downs (that seems easy enough to fix.)
I really don’t like the new placement of the Glory offers but I understand it was done to get more eyes on overpriced packs (annoying but not a big deal)
Here’s hoping the fix for world events (the only thing remotely content related in this update) actually works and they take the time to improve the other stuff.

1 Like

I would like a way to disable the “!” icon over the video ad button and offers (bag icon) button. Seeing these is a mental cue that “I need to do this thing” and I don’t plan on ever watching an ad, and can find the shop menu just fine on my own if I feel like executing what’s left of my gem stash after all the repeated nerfs/sinks.

Also, 90 jewels + 50 diamonds for 500 gems? I think one of your programmers was in a hurry and left at least one zero off the end of what you get for that cost.

7 Likes

I’m soooo glad I can give you ad revenue for 100 gold. Being over level 1200, that 100 gold is going to really come in handy! :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

I don’t know the maximum possible, but last May I got seven. It’s our guild’s record.

11 Likes

Just think…
You could do 8 pet battles
Or watch a 30 second ad 180 times
… and net the same amount of gold.

2 Likes

What if the 1st ad was 100g, the 2nd was 10 gems, and the 3rd was an event key?

I’m on XBox, makes no difference to me either way. I would turn on the ad while I left to get some more liquids anyway.

I saw one Raider with an offer for 1 celestial plus 3 of each Brown Arcane for only 200 Gems…it seemed like a good deal to me. He’s under Level 100 tho, and only has 120 Gems. He’d best start doing some treasure maps. Better him than me.

According to Kafka’s post near the top they sneaked in a ton of art asset updates to fix visual bugs, hence the big download size.

Hey 4.9 (Monetization update)
During all your redesigns you forgot one.

This still doesn’t allow me to gift all 29 other members in a week. Which makes it unattractive to me in anyway.

6 Likes

Just for a reference regarding awards for ads:
1st - 3 Gold Keys
2nd - 100 gold.
I don’t know, maybe it’s fine… Ah yes, I’m 1393 level.

1 Like

What’s worse 3 gold keys or 100 gold?

Well, most probably both could be better :slight_smile: