4.9 Update

So, I just read the OP and thought “Hey, this doesn’t sound too bad on paper”. Then, I saw some of the screenshots in the thread. Most of these “deals” are highway robbery, man. And, after seeing the pittance of resources you get from ads, I’m now glad I don’t have them on Xbox. Lol

I will say there are a couple of silver linings, in these patch notes, though. The thing about the Sigils is nice, so is the fact that those Legendary/Mythic bundles will give you a troop you don’t have, and a couple other things.

But, overall, it’s just a glorified monetization overhaul. And, sadly, 95% doesn’t even look appealing (either because I don’t need it or because the prices are insane).

Well, I guess here’s hoping that the 5.0 update is better. Can’t really do much more than that shrug

5 Likes

Very nice update thanks again! Are we able to buy Growth Pack II again now aswell? Already bought the once and thinking of doing so again but the rewards are ticked so im in abit of a decision to hold off till a reply is made lol?

1 Like

If I recall correctly, yes.

With the changes, they were meant to become available to those that had purchased it previously.

2 Likes

Pet offers seem good. 50 gems per pet. I hear there are orbs for gems. If they’re the orbs of chaos, we know what we’ll get. Jewels offer seems to be very disproportionate. Others are all pretty bad. This is only regarding Daily Offers.

1 Like

@Kafka

Is there any way we can help you improve the Daily Offer algorithm? I’ll NEVER buy Crafting Riches, Crafting Treasure, Expert Supply, and many other similar offers, yet there’s a few I’d probably buy like Imperial Deeds, Nysha/Anu medals occasionally, pets, etc… Would love to help expedite the transaction process here.

8 Likes

With whats going on in the world now I think its the wrong time to push a update like this. It just shows how selfish you all really are. I will pass and continue to put food on my table for my family but thanks anyways and thxs again for another wasted update.

4 Likes

You’re thinking about it all wrong. If they had priced things to the point where you would actually consider buying them, you’d be spending your hard earned money on a mobile game instead of donating to charity or helping others in need.

By pricing everything so insanely out of reach of normal people and making the shops more obnoxious to navigate, they’re sending you a message that they don’t want your money and you should spend it somewhere else.

It’s very humanitarian of them.

11 Likes

Granted I missed a few years of what must have been alot of drama around here. But I have to wonder, what really happened here that turned the community into such a hateful bunch of people.

Say the opposite happened and all the daily offers were great, then people would cry that gems are not sufficient and people feel forced to buy more to get all them great offers. And the devs are again the leeches.

What could you possibly have done to tick people off so badly that no matter what u do it’s received with all this hate.

4 Likes

You did read this thread, right? With the 100 gold compensation for watching an ad? Or refusing to acknowledge/fix the useless talents and lying in the face of the playerbase?

3 Likes

As an FYI for @Saltypatra and @Kafka to redirect to whoever is responsible for ad buys,

You’ve already run out of your allotment of ads for the current time period and may need to increase your rate of ad purchases, if current trends continue.

1 Like

Thank you for the update.
I like that the Offers will refresh daily. The 1st time purchase bonus on the Gem packs & the fact that they don’t expire is great. I appreciate that the Ads are not intrusive. Finally the 2 best improvements are the mail reminders for expiring subscriptions and no more duplicated troops in the Path to Glory & Power Offers.

2 Likes

I think, the problem for the forum community specifically is the way, the team tends to interpret an overwhelmingly negative feedback as “split but mostly in our favour” time and time again and insists that things are improvement that the players agree are not.
My personal tipping point in this regard was the 2017 graphics downgrade, but I am sure, everyone here has their own point they can name, when they ended up with the feeling, that it does not really matter what we say.

The fact, that each and every new feature comes with its own implemented spending mechanic likely doesn’t help to convince players about the good intentions behind it either.

4 Likes

@Kafka @Saltypatra is intended that the offers tab gets the green exclamation point as if there is something new every hour or so? Can we get an option to turn that off? It’s really annoying.

15 Likes

I actually came back here to suggest that be removed. Its annoying the shit out of me. Opening it 30 times a day, isnt gonna make me want to buy it anymore than I wanted to the 1st time I opened it.

8 Likes

Dont expect it for 5.0 is my view.

They have said 2nd half of the year, and while 5.0 is due at the start of 2nd half, I dont think it will be included in it.

Ive been asking since they have said they are looking at, long before potions were added lol.

YEAH, GEES, I NEED MY 100 GOLD FIX… gimme another ad!

3 Likes

Ooh, is that why I can’t watch an ad? It hasn’t given me the option at all after I updated.

Ok moment I say that I get home to find it’s removed ergh… they remove the good stuff lol oh well thank’s anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

This update is going to quickly train me to ignore the little exclaimation points.

7 Likes

I fixed that for you.

1 Like