4.9 Update

Unlike most of the voices in this thread, I think, I’m actually fine with this update, because… well, it doesn’t really affect me.
One new gem spending mechanic, that I will ignore, a few design changes in the shop, paid ads that I don’t have access to but don’t need to care about either because of the low rewards and frequency…
I’ve had so much troubles with previous updates, that kept adding features to an already overloaded game. This update is the first in a while, that just sits there and doesn’t bother me.

If toying around with the shop keeps the team busy enough to take a break in adding yet another couple of minigames and timeeaters, if this all slows down the gacha concept a little, I’ll be more than okay with it.
Sure, it looks funny that almost the whole page of patch notes concerns the shop, but I dare to say, more of the same please.

5 Likes

I’m just happy they didn’t drop this update in the middle of guild wars which is what usually happens. #smallmercies

Also, rather than add to the negativity, can someone come up with a list of the deals actually worth getting? That would be great, cheers!

1 Like

Wait, there are master and expert packs in this game? Where can I even find them? I never seen them on the ps4.

I got this today and it’s 400 gems now. LMAO

2 Likes

300 is probably the VIP price (400 Discounted 25%). I had it listed as 400 yesterday normally.

1 Like

Wow… Truly astounding…

14 Likes

Day 2:

Thought I was gonna run out of gems, maybe, eventually with these offers being great, but now Im not worried at all. Ill buy a few every now and again if they are decent.

From a personal perspective, these have gone the same was as the cash shop, and the value of the items has been assumed to be higher than what they are perceived from a players perspective. If there is a cash flow issue, as others have assumed, then instead of adding more things at the same value, maybe lowering the cost of the items to begin with, to get more people to buy them

6 Likes

I got the offer to buy 3 pets and 10 colored pet food for 150 gems, called “Pet Bounty”. I pounced on it.

3 Likes

I see a “First Purchase Bonus” on gem packs, is that new? Seems you get double the gems on first purchase, that’s not bad.

Should add this to the listed VIP perks in shop :slight_smile:

This is great, gives a better value instantly :smiley:

Oooh, is the price for this offer increased to match?

Overall, a meh rating from me as far as updates go. The daily deals are a nice idea, but the prices on most of them seem way off. 500 gems for imperial deed vs. 200 gems for 150 writs? 300 gems for a medal of Orpheus? :thinking:
I was briefly tempted to buy one of the mythic troop 30 day packs, but I don’t need ingots or traitstones, so probably won’t do that.

I don’t think anything in the update is detrimental to the game though, so: meh. Hope it helps you get some money though, I’d like to see the game stay around. Will watch some ads for ya :smiley:

@Kafka A player came across a Daily Deal without a VIP offer and Discount attached to the 3rd. Not sure if this is a bug or not. Just seemed odd since every other I have seen is discounted 25% or not available. EDIT - Ignore the ping Kakfa, I just misunderstood. Apparently several are VIP only and not discounted.

Can we still spend glory to buy 10 event keys each week, or did that go away? I don’t see the offer anywhere.

Oh, sweet! A new update! I wonder wha-

7 Likes

The glory stuff in the shop has been sorted into the other areas. Maps, souls and spoils are under ressources, the new creature under weekly.

This one, I think!

1 Like

@Saltypatra We have Writs in the patch notes but 6 deeds in the in-game offer. What of that is correct and what is wrong?

2 Likes

Really hope zuul and Xathenos can be obtained in path of glory. .is that true?

@Redi1 I think the 25% discount is only applied when an offer available in non-VIP slots comes up, orbs are VIP-only according to the patch notes

3 Likes

I see. I will have to mark that in my list then and try to track VIP only as well. Thank you.

1 Like

Hard to determine what the value is for Xathenos. But in regards to Zuul’Goth. The devs have put a value of $450.00 on him based on flash sales for power orbs. So getting ZG from path to glory sounds too good to be true. But since it’s not written anywhere that ZG can’t be obtained from Path to Glory. I think the devs would have a hard time denying a claim if a player pushed on the matter. Zuul’Goth is definitely a mythic troop. As is Xathenos…I just can’t imagine someone pressing for Xathenos in this current time of GoW.

All “special” mythic troops (Xathenos, Zuul’Goth, Sacred Treasure) were excluded in the past, it’s highly unlikely they’ve now been added to the subscriptions.