4.8 Update (Patch Notes)

No you can’t. (Assuming you meant to say medals not tokens) As you can see in your screenshot you can’t see how many Yasmine or Gaard medals you have as the numbers are cut off. Before the update we had to scroll to the right to see our Yasmine and Gaard medals, now we have to scroll down. No improvement.

I see them all the tokens, all of the time, on left hand side of the screen.

Oh yeah, my bad I just noticed those thanks.

Except pho needs a fire storm to be viable and the majority of teams in pvp overwrite the fire storm so the trait having a firestorm at the start of your turn was key. Now for explore that doesn’t happen as much so it’ll still work for low explore

1 Like

I ran Pho in casual PvP last week. Done about 3k cPvP fights. Maybe 100 or so of those teams I fought used a storm to overwrite my fire storm.

Only reason im using the team is cause its fast when leveling a fire tree class, which i only have 1 left to level. Then back to a Rowanne team to level the other classes.

Just popping in to give some further information. We changed the Sunspear’s third trait as we received a lot of complaints about it being too similar to the level 20 Fire Talent - Firestarter. We weren’t able to change the talent as it affects many different classes, so we chose to change Sunspear’s third trait.

We made the third trait similar to Corsair’s Legendary trait, to keep it in line with other classes.

I hope this explains why it was changed the way it was. We can’t give the class a new tree, or change the talent in question, so we did what we could by changing the third trait. You are welcome to start a feedback thread to discuss this further, and offer more alternatives. However, please keep in mind that the talent can’t be changed when offering feedback.

I guess I wanted to add a bit to why I am disappointed about the Sunspear change.

Creating a storm at the start of every turn is a rare and powerful ability that entire team concepts are built around. I had hoped that we would eventually have a troop or class with this ability for all of the colors. However, with the loss of Sunspear’s original trait, we are instead down to only one class (Stormcaller) and two troops (Skadi and Umberwolf) that can do this. So that’s a pretty disappointing direction for the game. Especially since the replacement trait is neither interesting from a team building standpoint nor equitable in power to what we lost.

13 Likes

Just made an account to voice my displeasure over the Sunspear changes.

No players complained about the perpetual firestorm. Full stop. Please stop saying they did, you are basically insulting your playerbase insisting that is the case. You made a mistake, no biggy, just fix it, thank you so much.

11 Likes

Players have been giving feedback about the third trait for some time. They largely voiced the opinion that they were unhappy with it being so similar to the talent. This has been across our social accounts, and mentioned several times on stream.

Unfortunately we are unable to change the talent, so we changed the trait to be more in line and consistent with other classes, such as Corsair.

You are more than welcome to leave feedback on this change, and I recommend doing so in a feedback thread so it doesn’t get lost.

Ok who is the one complaining? Do they play the game? Or is it “devs” complaint?
If a witch hunt is what it take , then a witch hunt it is.

6 Likes

I can guarantee that 100% of the people who complained would have wanted the TALENT changed, NOT the 3rd trait. If they knew the result of their complaints would be the trait change they wouldn’t have made the complaint in the first place.

So you haven’t made anybody happy, even the ones who complained will be upset at this change.

14 Likes

To Salty and the devs

The argument “Heatwave was too similar to Firestarter, so we changed one of them” is inconsistent with the argument “Sure, Fireproof and Fireproof are literally exactly the same, so you can use a different talent at that level”.

To everyone else

People did complain that Heatwave was too similar to Firestarter. It’s in the record for anyone who feels like doing forums archaeology.

However, (edit: given that a change must be made for whatever reason) altering the legendary trait for Sunspear makes more sense than either of the other two options: (1) removing the Fire tree from the class, or (2) taking Firestarter out of the Fire tree.

(1) makes zero conceptual sense, and Sunspear would lose access to its level 100 talent, one of the best in any tree. (2) means removing turn-1 firestorms from Diabolist, Dragonguard, Hierophant, Slayer, and Warlord. That is a much larger change than adjusting just one class.

4 Likes

This. DUHHHHH.

2 Likes

You forgot the 3rd option. Don’t change anything.

12 Likes

I’ll add the assumption to my post.

I agree with your points, and I think the reaction here is extremely overblown.

I think the frustration many people have is that the developers could have also chosen option (3): do nothing. This is what happens to hundreds of requests of this nature, and also long-term gripes like orbweaver/L+D. It’s very offputting, and also hard to believe, that this is the particular bit of feedback that needed to be acted on.

Edit: I’m mostly worried that a slew of rude feedback will stop future requests from being considered. There were good fixes in the patch as well, like the type change on the new troll. Maybe they’re trying to move towards more immediate action on player requests.

4 Likes

There are two things that are similar. Lets give the players the worst of the two.

Double mana link is incredibly boring. Corsair (and Archmagus) don’t have it as part of their identity at all. Well Corsair does because it has nothing else going for it, Archmagus has a ton of other things to the extent that the class can get picked with zero purple on the team.

4 Likes

Today I rediscovered that the Archmagus class gets bonus purple mana from its legendary trait. That says something about how memorable that trait is.

6 Likes

They just made Sunspear “memorable” too. Great change. /s

2 Likes

As I said before, this is not good enough. Most likely from the World Map menu?? Why? We need more clutter than we already have here? Medals already look like censored bad words just sitting on top of the map, who even knows what else would happen. No, put medals in the team selection options, y’know, the only place we’d be when we want to change medals!?

11 Likes