Do you agree with the change to the Sunspear class?

How many complaints have been received about pure faction 500 teams? How many complaints about empowered converters? How many complaints about the explore UI? How many complaints about Life & Death Orbweaver?

None of these have received changes. The reason why is obvious, they slow players access to resources. Between Epic tasks, pure faction teams, the 4.6 explore UI, PvP gold payouts and now the Sunspear (& phoenicia) nerf the devs are obviously working to remove as much opportunity as possible for players to progress.

Any argument about redundancy is easily debunked by looking at the multitude of duplicate traits/talents that didn’t receive changes.

• Barbarian first trait (gain 3 attack when I take damage) War 2nd Talent (Gain 2 attack when I take damage)
  • Corsair 1st trait (Gain 1 life for each Blue ally) water tree 4th talent (Gain 4 life for each blue ally)
  • Dervish 2nd talent (20% chance to dodge skull damage) cunning 6th talent (30% chance to dodge skull damage)

The end goal of all these changes is of course to force players to spend money by praying on their fear of missing out. The dev’s have demonstrated they are not interested in feedback: Gems of War GUI Pain Points. Salty even stated it outright: 4.8 Update (Patch Notes) - #175 by Saltypatra

The class system doesn’t work and without overhauling the talents I don’t believe there is a way to fix it. The Heatwave trait is not and never was the problem.

21 Likes